1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Sessioni's Warriors of Chaos (#3 Warriors of Nurgle conversions)

Discussion in 'The Faces of Our Next Meal......' started by Sessioni, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

Hello folks!

It has (again) been a long time since my latest post, but I decided to try and get back into this wonderful community by starting a new painting blog with my Warriors of Chaos. WoC has been one of my favorite armies since 6th edition, I have LOADS of them waiting to be prepared for action. And due to a bad W/L-ratio with Vampire Counts I decided to play with these bad boys for a while. But mostly because I love the look of chaos warriors also. Plus the possibility to field chariots in core is cool too :D

So I have put together some warriors, ogres, giants, monsters and characters, I intend to build them first and then start painting them. Curs'd Ettin is a exception to the rule tho! I got this model not so long ago and I just had to see it painted, to really see all the details. I got this in a huge batch of chaos warriors which I bought recently, and I haven't even seen the model before! As you can see, it is not quite finished yet, the waist cloth is problematic because I haven't decided my army color scheme yet, and I want the waist cloth to be the "unifying factor". On the other hand I added flag to the base so I can unite the model to rest of the army by painting it the similar manner as the rest. What do you think of the skin? It has many many layers on it, base color being khaki/greyblue mixture.

Anyways, it's good to be back!

[​IMG]

2. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Sessioni He's alive! Welcome back to the forums and great giant. He looks like he could fill in for a fair few zombies if you ever needed him to do so :)

3. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

Thanks bud! I was supposed to paint him up ready for battle today (actually to squash some zombies), but then I realized I had to re-base my trolls to get them ranked up properly for weekend's game. Nurgle Trolls are probably.. no, they are the hardest models to assemble them to rank up with each other, and the previous owner didn't really care about it apparently. I had to put large rock formations on the bases, but that's okay because rocky cold wasteland is anyways the theme of this particular army.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also re-based Chaos Ogres and made two unit fillers for them. Anyone wish to sell me 4 more? :innocent:

[​IMG]

I will post some updates this weekend! Hopefully the whole army is assembled before sunday, and I can really begin with the painting, the fun stuff!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  4. Farmer7574

@Sessioni Nice work on the trolls and I like the basing.

5. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me just start this post by saying that it seems impossible for me to wait for painting everything after everything is assembled. Hellcannon was too tempting, maybe because I wanted it done asap, I kinda looked forward painting this but at the same time I knew I would hate painting this. Mainly because it was already glued altogether by the previous owner. Anyways, I think I managed quite well painting the cannon itself, but the snow areas look weird and out of place. The crew are still WIP, lots of details on those dwarves, after painting some areas I noticed some metal tools and random stuff under their beards etc. I will post some better pictures when the crew is done, and when I find my proper camera, the pics are kinda "misty".

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  6. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are a few of my Warriors of Nurgle. I have always imagined Chaos warriors to slowly march towards their enemy lands with lots of flags, icons and banners in their ranks. This way they look more chaotic and menacing. Every model will have its share of love, and I try to make each unique. I am kitbashing Warriors, Putrid Blight kings and chaos forsaken bits, plus some random zombie weapons and other parts too. I haven't decided how my command group will look like, but they will probably not stick out too much out of the rest of the unit. What do you guys think?

7. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

So I replaced the pictures of the hellcannon for a better quality ones. Plus here's my Warriors of Nurgle progress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

der vued likes this.
  8. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

That is a very unique looking unit :)
    Great conversion work!

9. Farmer7574

@Sessioni Nice, subtle and effective conversions. That unit's going to look great painted up!

10. benvoliothefirst

benvoliothefirst Grave Guard

I love your work, very characterful. And such a great collection of models you've got there! Keep it coming!

11. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Sorry for a late entry!

You seem to be building a pretty sweet army here. Chaos Warriors can be a bit dull on their own, but you work very well to avoid that - the infantry is looking awesome with all the Blightknight bits, it breaks up their ranks and brings much needed variation in that unit :) Blisters are a simple addition, but you used them well, both on the standard and the dudes themselves. Great work overall!