1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Shadows of the Undying King IC Thread

Discussion in 'Theatre de Vampyre' started by Sanai, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Sanai

Sanai Stylish Deviant True Blood

Sanai met the Wraiths gaze for a few long moments, then without breaking eye contact, he laughed, a chilling, mirthless sound that reverberated throughout the hall.

"You have fire in you. Good. Feel free to go forth into the city- I would recommend the graveyard just outside the castle walls. That place has always been a locus for dark energies, and during the recent battle, some of the fiercest fighting took place there, almost as if the greenskin warlord somehow realized its strategic significance during the battle. Know this however- the scale of death and destruction that was visited on my kingdom pales in comparison to the ruination I will soon bring upon other parts of the world. The dark energies collected here are just a taste of what you will be able to sup upon if you join with me."

As he spoke, Sanai pressed his dark will upon the necromancers currently gathered at the graveyard. Do not disturb the wraith known as Volker Moritz. It is not some petty spirit for you to try to enslave to your wills. Report immediately to me if it causes trouble.

Satisfied that his cabal were warned against trifling with the wraith, Sanai leaned back in his throne, the wraith's audience clearly being over.

2. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Sigmund watched the Banshee as it appeared and rolled his yes.

"Wonderful, more lesser beings." he thought to himself with a shake of his head.

The vampire sighed and stood up glancing at the Wight and Banshee.

"Well you're clearly busy." he said to The Archivist, the von Carstein was bored now and the wight seemed to damaged to properly answer any questions. All it did was speak in circles.

Sigmund strode back over to his nightmare and swung up onto the saddle.

Not bothering with a farewell the vampire and his wight retinue rode away, deeper into the city.

Once Sigmund had seen enough of the ruined city then he would return to the Tower.

3. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

His workshop established and seeing that the others were attending to other tasks, Johann thought it a good time to explore the city. or, at least, its remains.
    He left his workshop and went out into the streets, seeing the destruction. There were destroyed buildings and broken corpses everywhere.

As he walked, Johann saw Sigmund riding with his guards. The wights were not possessed of free will, and no one else was around, so it seemed a good time to make advance talks.

He could up to Sigmund, moving in beside him - intercepting him from the front would be impolite, to say the least.

'Greetings, sir Sigmund -I see you think of yourself as some kind of knight, so I may as well address that courtesy. The city's pretty ruined, I can tell.' his tone was of casual conversation. 'I myself have come looking for any materials which may be useful for my engineering. An invading army is bound to have left something behind.'
    Johann suddenly put on a questioning tone. Not an interrogation tone, but just a change of tone to indicate he wanted a proper answer. 'So, what are you doing here? What do you wish for?'
    With the answer to this, he could frame his temptations. But he couldn't rush it, or it would be obvious.

4. Get of W'soran

Sigmund was enjoying his ride through the city when he was interrupted again.

Suppressing his annoyance he turned to look down at the figure of Johann.

"Ah yes, the one who claims to be von Carstein, though I have not heard of him." the vampire thought to himself.

An easy smile came to Sigmund's face. "Greetings...Johann, was it?"

As he listened to his "cousin" speak he had to resist the urge to laugh, this man could be no von Carstein, he was utterly without subtlety.

"What am I doing here?" he asked lightly, Sigmund looked around the area "I was just curious to see the extent of the damage to our new master's domain."

Sigmund chuckled "I doubt the invading Greenskins have left much of value behind."

5. Count Vashra

'Yes, there may still be something, though unlikely as you point out. And when I asked what do you want, I meant...' he had to be careful here. 'What is your goal? Depending on the nature, I'm sure I can find something in my workshop to help. or make something. This must be a secret conversation, you understand. I can sense very little magic on you. I could supplement that very well. What would you say to an understanding? I use my magic to complement your sword fighting, perhaps teach you, and you may use or request anything in my workshop.' Especially the Crown. You're welcome to that, Johann thought. 'My price? I have no price, except perhaps to be your second in command in whatever you do.' His offer was on the table.

6. Lord_Mortis

Lord_Mortis Crying Dude

New arrivals? she thought to herself, What does he mean by that?

Before she could even open that glowing mouth of hers and single facial feature, besides her empty eyes of course, the wight began to speak, prattling on about.. something. She wasn't overly paying attention. He was much less interesting than she had initially thought and her focus lay somewhere else.

A little bone creature trudged over to him and she waved at the magical construct. "I wish to learn of you, of your past and your future, for you have not yet offered your own services as I have offered mine." he said during the brief spot that she was slightly more attentive, thanks to The Archivist's little friend.

"Services?" She cocked her ethereal head at the other, "What do you mean by that? Who are we offering service to now? And what kind of service?"

7. The Archivist

The Archivist Archivist of the word The Staff Member True Blood

The Archivist gestured with one hand towards the castle.

"My liege, who I foresaw arising, is responsible for the rise of dark magics around the castle. He wishes to draw in fellow members of the dark, to take into his service as lieutenants and advisors."

He gestured to Berkein (the 403rd) who headed over to curtsey (in a shambling, toe boney kind of way).

"If you wish to see him now, Berkein could lead you to him. I ask that you visit the library afterwards that I may document your skills and experiences."

8. Lord_Mortis

Lord_Mortis Crying Dude

"Oooh, I just came from there! That explains why it felt so nice up there.. So he would be a vampire, right?"

She grinned down at the little thing and curtseyed back, hair flowing eerily as her head dropped then rose again, traditional to a curtsey's head movements.

"So what's the story behind your eye?"

9. Get of W'soran

Sigmund raised an eyebrow at the offer, it was generous...too generous, still it might be worth seeing what the so called von Carstein could offer.

The Templar swung down of his horse and handed the reigns to Bright-Eyes.

He smiled pleasantly at Johann "Walk with me."

As the two vampires walked along the rode he spoke "You are quite right, I haven't had the time to learn much magic beyond the raising and controlling of the dead although I believe I am quite competent in that area. I have spent most of my time honing the skills of a warrior...both physical and mental."

"Still we must move slowly, as kind as your offer is I may not have the time to dedicate to such scholary paths...I must serve our new master fully before knowing how much time is left free to me.

The vampire chuckled "Of course, we are family are we not but I know so little about you." Sigmund glanced at Johann "How about we share a little about ourselves. Who is your sire? I have never seen you before and I have spent quite some time serving the Count in Sylvania."

10. The Archivist

The Archivist Archivist of the word The Staff Member True Blood

The Archivist closed the book with his right hand and unsummoned it with a swirl of darkness. He and Berkein turned to walk slowly towards the castle at a comfortable pace.

"My liege is indeed a vampire."

He tapped his glass eye with a skeletal finger, gesturing with his other for the banshee to walk with him.

"I lost my eye to magical guardians during my life. I was after the Seven Tomes, books of arcane lore rumoured to be some of the most intricate and advanced studies collected from across the world. I climbed the tower, eye-socket bleeding from where the ravens had plucked out my eye, and found at the top of the tower a series of arcane locks and traps I had to overcome."
    "Behind one of the side-doors was a collection of glass-eyes. This one was the only one that had been imbued with magic, and after I returned to my former liege's side I determined it safe to put in."

11. Count Vashra

Johann began walking with Sigmund. The Vampire was considering his offer, which was good. he didn't need to push him. Just give him time.

'My sire is Lucius von Carstein, a 3rd generation Vampire, with reasonable holdings to the west of Sylvania. He sired me mainly because he was impressed by my determination to see things through, mental skills and technological skills.'

12. Get of W'soran

"Fourth generation then? Like me.." he thought to himself

"Lucius?"
    Sigmund said thoughtfully "I do not think I know him. When you say "west of" do you mean in the West or beyond Sylvania's borders?"

The vampire smiled "Technological skills? Quite rare for our kind, we are usually to unable to evolve I think to learn new knowledge. Were you sired long ago cousin?"

13. Count Vashra

'By West I mean west of Sylvania, though touching the border. Age for my own age, I was sired a few centuries ago. Old enough to have solidified into what I shall be, but young enough to be up to keep up to date with the latest technology. I have established a workshop in our master's castle, in case anybody would like something made or repaired.'

14. Get of W'soran

Sigmund stopped speaking for a few minutes and quietly glanced around the ruins they were making their way through.

"Forgive me for saying cousin but you hold the von Carstein name, to do so is to display your ambition and wish for power to the world. I find it difficult to believe that you are willing to serve a Lord with no allegiance to Sylvania or one who is not a greater Lord amongst the family."

The knight smiled faintly as he continued "I think you came here for some other reason my friend, I think you came here to take the Count's place or perhaps for another more unsubtle reason but certainly not to serve in the Border Princes."

Glancing back towards the Tower the von Carstein waved his Wights away, they rode off taking his nightmare with them.

"Let us walk back to the tower." with that the vampire began to walk back towards where they had come from, moving slow enough so Johann could easily catch up.

15. Count Vashra

Sigmund has guessed most of what Johann was planning, but he was not overly concerned. As long as Sigmund did not move to stop him, he would continue. 'Yes, let's return,' he said, following Sigmund back. He suspected Sigmund also wanted power of some kind. In fact, he suspected that no one had come here to serve Sanai, except the Wight librarian he had passed, whom he ruled out simply because he did not seem capable of ruling, or indeed possessing a desire to.
    Johann wondered how Sigmund would react now that he correctly guessed that Johann was here for a selfish reason.

16. Get of W'soran

Johann didn't answer his suspicions, it wasn't surprising that he wouldn't admit to whatever it was he planned but Sigmund had expected some form of denial at least.

The vampire give a mental shrug and instead flashed a smile at the other vampire. "So glad you agree."

As they strode up the road that Sigmund had previously rode down, they eventually walked past the Fountain where the Wight and Banshee still stood.

"An odd kind of undead." Sigmund said softly to Johann "I have never met a speaking Banshee nor such a self-sufficient wight."

17. Count Vashra

'I must admit, it is unusual, though given the amount of deathly magic around, magic that Wraiths and Banshees thrive on, and there has recently been a battle, it is perhaps not surprising that the Banshee has...different chracteristics.' he would have said unusual, but he didn't want to risk the Banshee screaming at him. 'And the Wight...yes, that is unusual. Perhaps its maker gave it free will, or perhaps unusual circumstances surrounded its awakening.'

18. Get of W'soran

Sigmund looked thoughtful at Johann's words before shaking his head slightly with a chuckle.

"Advanced Necromancy is a little out of my domain."

The vampire frowned as they strode along the path "What do you plan once we get back to the tower? Perhaps you can show me this workshop of yours? Or..."

Sigmund give a somewhat vicious looking grin "We can have a little fencing practice?"

19. Count Vashra

'I would indeed like to show you around my workshop, but a little fencing would be in my interest also.' Pleased things were going his way, Johann began increased his speed. Fencing would give him the opportunity to see how skilled Sigmund was, and practice his own abilities. he preferred using magic, but was a competent fighter.

20. Get of W'soran

Sigmund nodded with a smirk

"Ah...then the workshop can come second, we'll head the ballroom our Master so kindly volunteered."

The Templar was glad for this, he found magic to be overrated in a fight and was more interested in how skilled an opponent was with a blade. Sigmund sent a few silent commands to his wights who were already at the tower.

When the two vampires reached the tower Sigmund glanced over his shoulder at Johann. "Follow me."

The von Carsteins made their way down hallways until they reached the appropriated Ball Room. A dozen of Sigmund's wights stood around the huge hall, against one side of the wall was a series of recovered armour and weaponry that Sigmund's undead servants had gathered from the ruins of the city whilst he was out on his little trip.

Sigmund nodded to the weapons and armour. "Take whatever weapon you're most comfortable with." he offered "I'm afraid they're a rather limited selection, I've had my servants scavenge what they can, sadly the Count's proper military facilities were destroyed during the battle."

As he spoke the Templar undid his sword buckle from which his enchanted blade and combat dagger hung, the sword was far too dangerous to use in a simple practice match.

Sigmund picked up a longsword of similar dimensions to his own, a true hand-and-a-half war sword of Imperial design, a knight's weapon used in two hands. Truth be told the vampire had been trained extensively in every single of the weapons the wights had found but the sword was his true focus.

Walking to the centre of the room he give a few basic swings in a show of loosening up.

"Ready when you are."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  21. Count Vashra

Johann smiled. He wouldn't use the Dark Knife as first this was a mock battle and second it would probably look suspicious, but he would still use one of the mundane knives/short swords in the room. He took the knife and prepared to fight. he studied Sigmund's position, waiting, watching, reading him.

22. Get of W'soran

Sigmund was unable to hide his look of surprise at Johann's choice. A knife was an incredibly poor weapon choice for a stand up fight, it had literally no advantage against a sword never-mind a quick and two-handed weapon such as the longsword.

Shaking his head slightly he smiled. "Ready?"

The Templar bent his knees slightly as he sunk into a fighting position, his blade rested gently on his shoulder.

Then he stepped forward, it was a very basic cut moving from the shoulder guard to cut from the shoulder into a forward slash aimed straight at Johann's head.

Basic, but extremely quick, and it kept much of the 40-odd inches of the sword's blade between the two combatants.

23. Count Vashra

Johann guessed that Sigmund would be surprised at his choice. A knife was his preferred weapon. It worked best when he could use shadow-magic, but he was quite proficient, and could take advantage of a possible complacency caused by assumed superiority.

When the sword came, Johann used agility honed from a life of knife fighting to spin out of the way to Sigmund's left, then lashed out at his opponent's shoulder.

24. Get of W'soran

Sigmund smirked, Johann was fast but that was to be expected from one who seemed to focus in extremely close-range and unarmoured fighting.

The Templar didn't consider his options, he reacted instinctively, the vampire turned to face his opponent's new direct. Sigmund swept his left arm upwards, in doing so he caught Johann's wrist with his forearm, shoving the other vampire's arm up he pushed the dagger out of range. It was unarmed fighting techniques that would be expected from any trained knight.

Sigmund twisted his sword around, now being held in only one hand, and thrust straight for Johann's chest preparing to pull the blow if necessary.

25. Count Vashra

As Johann's wrist was caught and Sigmund's sword came for his chest, Johann had seconds to react. Sigmund had only one hand on his blade, his own knife was now up out of range. How to get out of this?
    Johann leapt to the side, Sigmund's right, ad attempted to bring down his dagger to slash at Sigmund's right shoulder.