1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Shadows of the Undying King IC Thread

Discussion in 'Theatre de Vampyre' started by Sanai, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

Demian attended Lord Sanai's words with care, attempting to draw some conclusions of his own, as he arrived late to the summonings.

The Blood Knight was accustomed to recieve more specific orders, and so, when Lord Sanai finished speaking and retreated with his apparent consultants, Demian was left to wander to his will. He then, listened to the greetings offered by two other individuals, wearing attires of nobility, more so with their manners and their gaze. One in particular, "Sigmund" the other one had called, wore a black armor, as did many knights of Sylvania. His Master often spoke of them with contempt, yet as simple minded as Demian was, he did not care for their ways, so long they held their ground in difficult combats and gained victory by their own hands.

- Gratitude... - Demian responded with a nod, and since everyone was on their way to prepare for the journey, the Blood Knight acted freely. Absent direct command and with the Lord of Calistaire busy with what seemed pressing concerns, the young vampire had to give a task to himself, the first being surveying the land, in an attempt to gather more knowledge of what befell to the city.

He would not leave at once, however. Having just arrived, perhaps the others would have words towards him, or needed his assistance, for the Blood Knight did not know any of those gathered there, only that they were guests and companions in Lord Sanai's quest, that had now become Demian's own.

If nothing of note awaited him, he would return to his steed, strapping his helmet to the flanks of the reanimated horse so that he could better gaze upon the torn land in search of answers. He was ready to depart that instant, if so needed. He also didn't have to ponder about future bounties or rewards, as the Count offered. He had no need of servants, nor riches. Only blood and glory earned through his actions, the first one to gather knowledge about the ones invading the land, for there stood a chance for him to meet them in battle.

But all he had were assumptions. There would be time, he hoped, to gain Lord Sanai's ear, to have words about it...

2. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

Johann smiled back at Johann. 'Well, we could always exchange fighting techniques, I teaching you magic and you teaching me sword-fighting.' Johann wasn't sure, but he thought he was creeping closer and closer into Sigmund's 'circle'. A few more days of this, and he might be ready for the Blood Crown...but perhaps that was too ambitious. he would have to wait and see.
    Johann turned back to the Blood Dragon. 'Greetings, sir Demian. My name is Johann von Carstein.' His voice turned serious. 'Before we misunderstand each other, I am aware you Blood Dragons look down upon magic, correct? I use sorcery for most of my fighting. Just a warning so that when you do see it in action you will not be entirely...surprised. I do not wish my sorcery to be the cause of any animosity.' It was still a good idea to groom him, just in case Sigmund realised he was being played.

3. Demian

Johann's words caught Demian by surprise both by how forward they were and their content. It was true that his Brotherhood considered magic to be lowly and despised it's use, however on the battlefield they knew better than to dismiss it as useless or frail. Or at least Demian thought.

Curious as he was, he decided to give reply in the form of an inquiry, offering salute to Johann before speaking himself:

- None shall be given from my part... - refering to the animosity - ...yet, if I may ask, how do voice and wind pair up with arm and speed to deliver deadly blow? - the Blood Knight asked, for Johann mentioned he used his sorcery for fighting, rather than subduing enemies from afar, as all wizards he knew did.

He would relent exploring the land for now.

4. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

"I wouldn't categorise what Johann does as 'fighting'." Sigmund offered with a smirk "More like...flailing aimlessly".

Despite his words Sigmund's tone was friendly as, in jest, he referenced the short-lived sparring match between himself and the other von Carstein.

Smiling he nodded slightly "And I would be glad to teach you some basics in the use of the sword before we set off, at the very least we can find some sort of weapon around here which you can bring along for training during our travels."

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  5. Count Vashra

'Well, I do have abilities to whittle enemies from afar, but I can also use shadows to compensate for aimless flailing on my part. I find magic to be very useful in allowing me quick movement, and to deceive my opponents as to where I am until they find a knife in their throat. There are also magic that can be used to increase speed and strength. Trust me, I know how to use magic in close quarters. My recent spar with Sigmund was conducted without magic for I was unsure what permanent damage I might have inflicted, or whether something..unusual would have happened. Plus it was a swordfight. Well, sword and knife fight. Which I lost, by the way,' Johann finished with a smile.

6. Get of W'soran

Sigmund waved away the comment lazily "Magic's overrated in personal combat, of course it's essential to keep the army going and it can help out in war but I'd rather put my faith in the strength of steel and my skill with a blade personally." the von Carstein said as he tapped a finger on the pommel of his enchanted sword "Admittedly putting some magic into a sword makes it a far more impressive weapon." he added with a smile.

"That being said if I was leading an army I'd want a few necromancers with me, a skilled cousin perhaps." he said with a chuckle "I just wouldn't want to be the mage myself, I can't imagine using magic could ever give me the same satisfaction that studying the science of arms does...also less chance of self-immolation."

7. Count Vashra

'I understand perfectly. It seems we have different methods.' Johann didn't think it was time to reveal something as powerful as the Black Knife yet. 'I would happily maintain your armies for you,' he continued. Johann was now sure he had Sigmund in his grip. Some exchanged lessons, and they would be bonded through friendship enough for him to make his offer, if all went to plan.

8. Demian

Finally, Blood Knight understood the story that bound them, for as little as it had. Sparring was a common way to train with swords, and it seemed that Johann had fought absent his trused advantage. Since they would be on a journey together, they spoke of opportunity to continue imparting basic lessons, which Demian would observ, if able.

- Ah... thus deception closes the gap between blade and blood. We are to tread upon dangerous ground in our journey, are we not? I would bear witness to magical prowess and set boast to proper heights.

Cousins. Demian did not think they look as relatives, yet the obvious explanation eluded him thus far. At any rate, the Blood Knight found common ground with them, at least about the need to be skilled and knowledgeable.

He would linger still among them.

9. Count Vashra

Johann nodded to Demian. 'I would be willing to show you my magic. I love being able to outwit swordsmen and get past their fancy armour.' Johann also loved showing off, being the arrogant von Carstein he was, but there was no need to mention that. 'Armour means little when you don't know which direction to turn it in. or when someone burns your eyes with pure darkness, either.' He grinned at that.

In addition to a puppet for the Crown, Johann was building a group of friends around him. To be his underlings of course, but he was enjoying the discussion and imagined more fun on the road, and if things did go wrong, he had allies to assist him. He also had people that he could speak to without them realising he was a manipulator. Manipulating kings was all very well and fine, but courtly people were used to scheming and therefore prepared for it. The seeming lack of preparedness here made his job easier.

10. Get of W'soran

Sigmund laughed at Johann's words "Wonderful. Now I just need to find an army."

Looking at the two vampires he nodded back in the direction of the Tower. "Want to head back to the Count's Tower? It could provide a more comfortable venue for Johann's magic act."

11. Count Vashra

Johann joined in with Sigmund's laughter. 'I was speaking under the assumption of when.' His face straightened as he nodded to Sigmund's suggestion. 'Yes. That would be a good idea.' He considered revealing the Crown and Knife. The Knife he could show, and explain, with some minor alterations to its true powers, of course, but revealing a magic Crown whilst joining an expedition led by a powerful Count was too risky to be advisable. 'Perhaps also if we could find some corpses on the way. Then I could do some Necromancy.'

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014