1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Sharkbelly Visits the Silver Tower

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Sharkbelly, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

I am starting a brand new thread for my Warhammer Quest related stuff. I have both Silver Tower and Hammerhal, and a few extras as well. I hope to get them all painted up over the course of this school year.

I decided to start with the Brimstone Horrors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

They are great. Very effective and true fire! Although I'd paint them a little different in order to make them more stand out :)

3. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

While I agree with @Menkeroth that adding different hues to them would add some interesting variance, them being like that makes them look like a one big fire that came to life and that's awesome too :)

Menkeroth likes this.
  4. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Thanks!

I'm going to add lots of colors for the different daemons, so I didn't want to get too wild yet... :)

5. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Sharkbelly Nice work on these guys, they really do look like a tide of flames.

PS: I didn't know these minis existed so it's great seeing them in your PLOG!

6. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Up next are three Flamers and one Exalted Flamer. (I'm sticking with the flame theme for now.) :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  7. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Here is my exalted flamer.

[​IMG]

Theerteen likes this.
  8. Menkeroth

Great as always, although I'd say in case of the magical flames you'd imagine it will be green or blue, which is the favorite color of Tzeentch, by the way :)

9. Borgnine

Tzeentch is all about change, maybe from time to time he likes orange flames too :) Nicely painted flamer :thumbsup:

10. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

More of the same scheme:

[​IMG]

11. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

And now for some SCREAMERS!!!!!

[​IMG]

12. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Stop making me wanna buy silver tower dude! My money's been poorly managed the last months!

13. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

If it helps, the flamers and screamers I had to buy separately...

14. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

A little bit. Not much though.

15. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Next up are a dozen Pink Horrors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Borgnine

I always envisioned Pink Horrors as much lighter, but your darker version looks so cool! Very nice job!

17. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Thanks! Now for 8 grot scuttlings.

[​IMG]

18. Menkeroth

Quite lovely models, I must say. Classical scheme again, but great as usual :)

19. Borgnine

Hard to see any details, but black+white+other color scheme is always good :)

20. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

The first of the Blue Horrors are finished.

[​IMG]

21. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Sharkbelly Cool takes on those demons you've done these days. The fire stands out nicely against the dark pink horrors' skin tone.

22. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Thanks! The rest of the blue horrors are now finished. Up next are the Kairic Acolytes.

[​IMG]

23. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

I decided to paint up a few of the characters to start a campaign. First finished is the Gryph-hound.

[​IMG]

24. Menkeroth

And a priest no less. Priest rocks :) keep it up!

25. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

The characters aren't quite finished yet, but nearly so. The priest is a really cool model!

My group and I played through the first game in a campaign yesterday. It was a blast! We started in the library. The one lone Pink Horror that was acting as librarian wasn't too tough, and left us feeling pretty good about our chances.

[​IMG]

Next up was the Whirligig passage. This one got crowded really fast, and we were worried that we would be overwhelmed. But after slogging it out, we managed just fine.

[​IMG]

Then came the Abandoned Nest. We discovered it was home to an exotic enemy, and went with the Exalted Flamer. Fortunately the Knight Questor was able to put some damage on it before the Fireslayer Doomseeker finished it off.

[​IMG]

The next room was Perilous Footing, which was appropriate enough because there was a trip of Screamers hovering around in it. The Knight made good use of his challenge ability to draw them in so they wouldn't get fly-by attacks on their own turn.

[​IMG]

Finally, we arrived at the last room: Searing Beams. This one featured two turnable pillars that fire beams of searing light. The room was absolutely packed with cultists and horrors, but by now we had started to work out a routine. The Excelsior Warpriest used his blast of holy energy to pop 6 or 7 Brimstone Horrors at once.

[​IMG]

We actually had to stop the game because we ran out of time, and have not yet finished the final encounter with the Gaunt Summoner. So I will let you know how it turns out!