1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Show us your Army

Discussion in 'Unholy Masterpieces' started by Fallen Angel, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Reaper

Reaper Wight King

Thanks! I have some more shot of him in my plog if you are interested ;)

2. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Malikos (and Reaper, and Constant Drachenfels, and Elbisrever...and all the others...), people like you prompt the feeling in me that my painting and modelling skills are like a thirdgrader's first try to paint a "me and my mom" picture to put on the fridge. And I'm 27, not the mentioned thirdgrader. I hate you. Live with it. *goes away crying*

3. IceWight

IceWight Skeleton

It just takes patience and practice.

4. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Looks great! Cool to see so much variety.

5. civitatem mortuorum

civitatem mortuorum Zombie

This thread makes me greedy and jealous. :tongue:

6. Petterwass

Petterwass Skeleton

Seeing some armies just makes me want to go "Fuck this" and paint my army with a paint roller instead, because I'll never reach those heights of skill anyway.

7. Wilhelm das Blutige

Wilhelm das Blutige Skeleton

ai858.photobucket.com_albums_ab141_TheRealHoagy_ArmyoftheLostCount800x440.jpg

Here it is at last - The Army of the Lost Count.

I feel somewhat humbled looking at the pics of some other people's armies and am extremely impressed (especially the 5000+pts Uber-Army).

Hopefully, the size of my army will grow over time and will improve along with my photography and pic-editing skills.

Also, I need a new battlemat!

8. Duke Danse Macabre

Duke Danse Macabre The Duke Staff Member True Blood

Thats a nice start there.
    I think basing them though would make a world of difference. :thumbsup:

Can't believe I forgot to post my army in here.
    Its in my plog but a army wide shot can't hurt. ;)

ai414.photobucket.com_albums_pp222_DukeDanseMacambre_VA2.jpg

ai414.photobucket.com_albums_pp222_DukeDanseMacambre_VA1.jpg

9. Santawraith

Santawraith Moderator Staff Member True Blood

So curious duke how many points is that you got there.

Love the overall look of the army and I agree basing them makes a world of difference on models. So whats more to add the the army duke?

10. Duke Danse Macabre

Well over 5000.
    More with characters but there is a fair built not in this image was well which is still unfinished.

Got some Varghiests, 2 Mortis Engines, 50 More Skeletons and a Giant pile of zombies. :thumbsup:
    Probs need another Terrorghiest as well and you have seen things like my spirit hosts which I have yet to get around to painting.

11. BooZeFienD

BooZeFienD Skeleton

Hey guys!

I displayed my army a little differently, some of you guys know I have a youtube channel, most of you probably don't :D So I am trying something a little different and actually doing a video for my look at my army thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2IabqHO0sE&feature=share&list=UU6roSZ9PsWGjzU4A8T9bN-w

This is a over view of my army and miniatures. lots of close ups and detail shots. Plus I also need help figuring out what miniature I should enter for my best painted single miniature for an upcoming tournament.

So I need to pick your guys's brains because I've seen my own miniatures to often that I cannot tell which one is better, so please help me pick! The characters start showing up around the 6 minute mark if you don't care about seeing the rest of my army.

12. Lady Etelka

Lady Etelka Skeleton

I watched the video and you have a good looking army. I especially like the crypt ghoul/ogre conversions.

I vote for your Krell model for the painting contest, with the Vampire lord on a nightmare as runner up.

LE

So I need to pick your guys's brains because I've seen my own miniatures to often that I cannot tell which one is better, so please help me pick! The characters start showing up around the 6 minute mark if you don't care about seeing the rest of my army.
    [/quote]

13. Duke Danse Macabre

May need to update your skeletons a bit mate.

Love how clean your army is coming off.
    Some real good work there.

Take Krell.
    He is by far your best painted Character.
    Your mounted Vampire Lord convert is a little off on his backside where you have done the join between the kits.
    The converted Vampire is great but the highlighting on the blue is off where as Krell has good aging on his armour so he is your best bet.
    The Fencers Blades WK is a close second however.

14. BooZeFienD

BooZeFienD Skeleton

Thanks for your input, I love the new skeleton models, I just can't bring myself to buying 8 boxes to get my skeletons updated :(
    But yeah it looks like Krell is the winning model so far, so it looks like I'm going to be entering that model.

15. Tawg

Tawg Vampire Count True Blood

I actually like the generic Wight King myself, but that Krell is certainly pretty amazing;

Also the "video" overview of an army is a really nice format, although having 1080 upload/recording helps that as well. Very nice.

16. IceWight

IceWight Skeleton

I like your Wight King with hand weapon and shield best personally.

I know how you feel concerning painting more. It's hard for me to find motivation for painting 100 zombies, 30 more Ghouls, 9 more Horrors, 15 more skeletons, another Terrorgheist, etc, etc. I also detest metal models, especially since almost my entire Eldar army is metal. Uck. Your army does look nice, so don't think your stuff isn't up to par with others.

17. Andy2D6

Andy2D6 Skeleton

Here is the current state of my army.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdl7taZxD3E[/video]

18. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Andy2d6: Nice army. I like your fell bats and the awesome necromancer the best :thumbsup:

19. axl79

axl79 Zombie

Wow, I love the painting on this army Ice! Great inspiration

20. IceWight

IceWight Skeleton

Thank you very much, I'm very flattered. That's never been said about my stuff before.

21. Fluffy The Varghulf

Fluffy The Varghulf Zombie

Malikos, how did you paint the trees? Would love to recreate that colour myself. Stunning army :thumbsup:

22. Drakhaol Von Carstein

Drakhaol Von Carstein Ghoul

Here is the army I use to represent my Blood Dragons bloodline theme. One Day I hope to have armies representative of the other bloodlines. But for now i'm happy to have theses mostly completed.

I was going for a winter themed look focusing on my Lord's colors Purple and Blue. My background fluff has my Lord finding a warpstoe artifact tied to winter and everything cold. My fire effects are intended to represent blue flame, but that's hard with my limited skill.

I am particularly pleased with my TG, spirit host, and corpse cart. These three units i felt i did the most creative envisioning with. with the TG i honestly didn't feel up to painting that much wing. The spirit host are an homage to MTG and their idea of the Helvault. Here the helvault has been shattered by my Lord to bring forth the spirits trapped within. My corpse cart also serves as my armies "trophy" cart. After having defeated your army (race) in battle, the corpse-master adds your soldiers to his pile of the damned.

Hope you enjoy my work! please feel free to give me advice :)

Attached Files:

23. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Oh, dumbe me, here it is already :redface: A cool army you got there, nice conversions and a uncommon colour scheme! Have some Rep for your creativeness :thumbsup:

24. Blackdevil

Blackdevil Zombie

Zombie Display Board
    [attachment=2169]

Vampire Counts Display Board
    [attachment=2170]

Attached Files:

25. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

@Blackdevil Those are both awesome! I'd love to see some close ups. A well painted Blood Dragon army always gets me right in the feels (I started back in 6th Ed. with some Blood Dragon models from the old army box).