1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Show us your Black Knights

Discussion in 'Unholy Masterpieces' started by count kill alot, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

I gave 13 or so of those metal Black Knights to a buddy of mine this summer. He started a combination Bret/UL army, focusing on mounted units and Bret themed Undead units for LoU summoning. It's turning out awesome. A lot of comparable units that overlap and fit the theme. He can field them as UL or Mousillon, whatever his mood.

Dragonet likes this.
  2. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

Finally gotten around to taking some pics of my more recent Black Knights. Painted them throughout 2013 whilst getting back into the hobby.

ai59.tinypic.com_2aez6ac.jpg
    ai58.tinypic.com_25sml8j.jpg

C&C welcome.

Dragonet likes this.
  3. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Uuhh they truly honor their name! very, very nice bringing the black clothes in focus!

4. Farmer7574

@Theerteen Cheers man, I'm considering redoing the metal work on them to weather it more. I'm thinking rust and verdigris would really add to their character!

5. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

Those are awesome! Very clean painting.

6. padrissimus

padrissimus Grave Guard

7. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

I like those very much

edit. What models are they? old GW/marauder?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  8. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

He looks so happy...

9. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

music "A-scaring we will go... A-scaring we will go... Hi Ho the derry-o, a-scaring we will go"
    OR because of the terrain they're set in:
    "We'll be killin around the mountain when we come; we'll be killin around the mountain come... We'll be killin around the mountain, chillin around the mountain, we'll be killin around the mountain when we come..."

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  10. padrissimus

padrissimus Grave Guard

@ Sessioni: They're a mixture of very old miniatures, got 'em in the 80s. The ones at the front are Grenadier (just found them in a catalogue of old and (I think) OOP figures - see http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Fantasy_Lords_-_First_Series#106 and http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:G-flbp-107.jpg

There are some old GW in there too, and the one with the red horns on his helmet I cannot recall what make he is, but I am thinking probably not Citdadel/GW. Can't locate them on the web.

(NB: This pic is one of a sequence taken to illustrate the prequel stories to a big battle we are fighting tomorrow. Oh boy - haven't played in so long, not very excited. I will be fielded all the armies, and including loads of stuff never put on the table before. I seem to do vast amounts of painting and very little time playing!)

At Alabaster: Why'd'you put that music in my head. It's bedtime now and it's goin' round and round ... aagh, typing that hasn't helped.

Dragonet likes this.
  11. Farmer7574

That's the cool thing about skeletons; rain or shine, they're always smiling!

Dragonet, Adam_Barrow and Sessioni like this.
  12. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

20150815_080957.jpg
    Finally made a start on these a couple of days ago... I've gone large on all my units; there's about 20 of these guys still unbuilt! I could never get along with the unbarded horses, and I started chooping Empire barding before the new Black Knights came out; I was always going to keep the old metal Wights though, they're my favourite by a long way.

13. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

@Dragonet Hey, I also started working on my old black knights the other day (soft pine soap bath that is :D ), too bad I don't have to unit champion tho. But I've got 11 of those. The barding is very well executed, I think I'm going to leave my steeds naked. Maybe a closer picture with a different angle from the unit champion, looks like you've done some re-positioning on the horse?

Dragonet likes this.
  14. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

20150815_111548.jpg

I've gone a bit crazy with my regiments, building multiple commands to divide my regiments into companies, including these guys as champions, they're actually older skeleton horsemen but I've upgraded the one with the mail face covering to my Dark Knight hero (for the Circle Of Blood campaign); I actually have 2 more spare champions if you'd like one?

Sessioni likes this.
  15. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

@Dragonet That is some nice posing! I don't have the patience to convert barded skeletal steeds.. Thanks for the offer, I actually thought about buying hell knight from you, but yesterday I went to Helsinki and found a Hell knight blister! What a lucky day. I also bought Triumph & Treachery -expansion.

Dragonet likes this.
  16. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

Thanks Sessioni, to be fair it's very similar to the Black Knight barding, just fix it over an existing skeleton steed, but I wanted the variation within the unit. Glad your Hell Knight situation's covered!

Wolfrahm likes this.
  17. Farmer7574

Farmer's Black Knights, part 1:

[​IMG]

More images in my PLOG.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Dragonet likes this.
  18. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

Beautifully painted Farmer!

Wolfrahm likes this.
  19. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Black Knight

I took with a friend of mine the box with Neferata, black Knights / hexwraiths and skellies. My friend wanted Neferata, so I picked the rest (just to form some deathrattle army with units different from Tomb Kings).
    So, yeah, my very first Black Knights (the daylight and the reflections on the polished slate make them more "shiny" than what they are, and as a result the black is less visible than what it should be)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE:

different lightning...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Dragonet likes this.
  20. Farmer7574

@Unas the slayer Nice Black Knights mate. Your pictures don't do them justice. Nice conversion of using the Hexwraith arm on one of them too!

@Dragonet Cheers mate. Another 10 coming in the future...

Dragonet likes this.
  21. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Black Knight

Thanks!

I've updated my previous post, with a picture of the standard bearer, taken with some different lightning. ;)