1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Show us your Hex Wraiths

Discussion in 'Unholy Masterpieces' started by untitled_musketeer, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Wow Jimmy! This is crazy imaginative! And I love the composition of this dulled etheral green and rust!

2. Master Moulder Skweemish

Master Moulder Skweemish Zombie

3. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

Jimmy and Skweenish's Hexwraiths are both very good!

4. BooZeFienD

BooZeFienD Skeleton

Jimmy, really liking that idea for the hexwraiths! they look very unique and badass. Also like the idea that you did skweemish, never thought about how you could really use anything for the hexwraiths like people have been doing with the spirit hosts. Just paint them up all ghostly :D

5. Wolf Child

Wolf Child Ghoul

[attachment=2491][attachment=2490][attachment=2490]

Attached Files:

najo likes this.
  6. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Ho, very cool Wolf Child! First time I see "normal" flames, and it fits great with the black theme. Great job!

7. Wolf Child

Wolf Child Ghoul

Thanks Theerteen,I painted these fairly quickly because I wanted to use them in an upcoming tourny.The color match's my cairn wraiths so the whole ethereal thing goes together :) Great job on your hexies also,I particularly like the ghostly effect you got on the robes.

Yorga likes this.
  8. Mc1gamer

Mc1gamer Nagash will Rise AGAIN! He's back? Nevermind

So I'm working on a big Mousillon theme and really taking alot of Bret bits for converting. Here's my unit of Hexwraiths, which are failed Questing Knights. Skeletal Horse, even some of the noses are skeletal (hard to see in the pics). I have a second unit I'm working on now, but I'm really happy with how these came out. I hope you like them.

ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0011_zps5cbf22e3.jpg
    ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0008_zps71bdf963.jpg
    ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0007_zps7b267dac.jpg
    ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0006_zpscadafe81.jpg

9. Theerteen

They look great! And it must have been a torture to model all this ;) I got one conversion of a bret an a skellie horse, which I did years ago when my parents gave me a dremel as christmas present...was one of those "one time and never again" things :D

10. Mc1gamer

Mc1gamer Nagash will Rise AGAIN! He's back? Nevermind

Haha, thanks. They've been sealed in just a little bit of blood and skin from demmel work ;) Properly annointed, yes. I have 1 more finished and 4 more in the final construction stages. I wish that'd be it, but I then have 10 Black Knights lined up for the same work. Yep, its not something I'd ever do again, but once I get it done and primed, ready to paint, it'll be worth it. Glad to hear I'm not the only insane one out there (I'm sure there's plenty more so).

11. Summerfield

Summerfield Skeleton

Some purplish hexies. Planing to do another 10 of them in the future.
    ai1334.photobucket.com_albums_w660_summerfield82_Warhammer_1_zpsa58e1354.jpg
    ai1334.photobucket.com_albums_w660_summerfield82_Warhammer_2_zps06f16bff.jpg
    ai1334.photobucket.com_albums_w660_summerfield82_Warhammer_3_zps89058088.jpg

12. Theerteen

"WE BRING YOU DOOM AND DAMNATION! YOUR SOULS SHALL BE OURS! ...oh, and by the way, how do you like our purple robes?" :)

No, just kidding, as I said before in your plog, I really dig the purple! Cool choice, and far from using stale ethereal colours :thumbsup:

13. Dark Lord Sariel

Dark Lord Sariel Zombie

I thought Hexies were an ugly model, but these paint jobs look great. Seriously considering grabbing some for my collection. :3

14. Wolfrahm

Wolfrahm Ghoul

I agree with Theerteen, love the purple. I should since I use it, purple, throughout my vamps army.

15. Schatt

Schatt Skeleton

Hi,

Inspired by works above I've finished 3 of 5 my hexwraiths:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regards, Dmitry

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  16. Raven Torrid

Raven Torrid Black Knight

That is some seriously cool work on the cloth, Schatt! Love the colour combination and the transitions. ;)

Your Black Knights look great as well. :thumbsup:

17. Schatt

Schatt Skeleton

Thanks. I tried to paint the hexwraits in bright colors but at the end I realized that I prefer the style of painting of Dark Knights, so I'm going to continue painting my Undeads using dark and rotten color scheme.

18. John Rainbow

John Rainbow Vargheist

I may have to steal some of those ethereal Bret ideas! Looking good guys.

19. Duke Danse Macabre

Duke Danse Macabre The Duke Staff Member True Blood

Its strange to think that we so many bret infantry models used as skeletons but never the cav in our armies, daft thing is it really works.
    Good idea mate, keep up the good work.

20. John Rainbow

John Rainbow Vargheist

I have plenty of Bret undead cav. using a mix of bits. You're right - it does work really well! Maybe I'll get round to putting up a blog eventually...

21. Alastor

Alastor Black Knight

Has anyone got experience converting chaos knights into Hexwraiths? I have five lying around and was thinking about using them beefed up with skeleton bits instead of forking out for new models.

Yorga likes this.
  22. Schatt

Schatt Skeleton

Hello,

Have done my Hexwights unit.
    Thanks for the idea with the smoke :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Regards, Dmitry

Yorga and Seneschal like this.
  23. Duke Danse Macabre

Duke Danse Macabre The Duke Staff Member True Blood

Good work on the cotton wool mate, i can never get the bloody stuff to work. :(

24. Schatt

Schatt Skeleton

Thanks. I tried to colorize the smoke with shades ;) but I failed to make it natural.

25. benvoliothefirst

benvoliothefirst Grave Guard

I love the color scheme, Schatt. And the bases are amazing!