1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Show us your Nagash!

Discussion in 'Unholy Masterpieces' started by Wolfrahm, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

Wow, that tutorial seams really good. Great work @Blutsauger and @Timothias. Might have to try and get my hands on it if I ever decide to get my very own Nagash.

2. TheMagicAngle

TheMagicAngle Zombie

Hey dudes - here's my attempt.

I went for a pretty muted palette for the old deadite, to focus on his lifelessness. I went as far as magnetizing his left hand, so I can swap it out depending on whether things are getting choppy out there...

I was lucky enough to have an 8-week paternity leave from work to get this huge awesome mini painted...

ai1063.photobucket.com_albums_t520_TheMagicAngle_IMG_6946_zps784bb5a8.jpg

ai1063.photobucket.com_albums_t520_TheMagicAngle_IMG_6940_zpsbc1b41e9.jpg

ai1063.photobucket.com_albums_t520_TheMagicAngle_IMG_6935_zps458314c4.jpg

3. Seneschal

Seneschal Liche True Blood

Wow! Very realistic!
    The cloak is exceptional. Great work on the sword, too

4. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

5. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Amazing @TheMagicAngle ! Could you share your recipe for the armour?

6. TheMagicAngle

TheMagicAngle Zombie

Thanks for the kind feedback!

@The Sun King - here's the recipe for his armor:

1. Black undercoat
    2. Layer of Ghenna's Gold. Needn't be a uniform coat. This can look as crappy as you like. Just need to make sure you cover all the black.
    3. Layer of Leadbelcher. Make this a pretty sparse layer. Leave the Ghenna's gold showing in all cracks and recesses.
    4. Wash Devlan Mud.
    5. Highlight Ironbreaker. This is probably the most important step. Take a similar approach to the leadbelcher layer - stick to highlights, but make sure that not too much of the brown/gold is left showing through.

At this point you can stop. Depending on the topography of what you're painting, it may still feel a little low on contrast or it could be a bit too shiny. If so:

6. Wash Devlan Mud.
    7. Layer of Ironbreaker. Similar to step 5, but concentrate only on the starkest highlights.

I developed this approach painting what felt like a million skellies for my End Times army. Good place to experiment with corrosion and bone. Put any failed experiments on the back ranks - no-one will ever know!

The Sun King likes this.
  7. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Awesome! Thanks!

8. Undying Scourge

Undying Scourge Blood Knight

That Nagash looks fantastically menacing TheMagicAngle, really skillful paintwork.

9. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

Yes, very good work! :thumbsup:

10. Wolfrahm

Wolfrahm Ghoul

I like your Vigo avatar.

The work you did on this is really grabbing. Thanks for sharing, it looks awesome.

11. Martin15

Martin15 Zombie

I love the muted colour scheme on your Nagash MagicAngle. Different from the 'standard' scheme, but really striking!

12. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

I must say, I don't really like the model for itself, but the different versions of Nagash here are really really spectacular!

13. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

Awesome work on those robes @TheMagicAngle , excellent job.
    @Theerteen I think it's a pretty sweet 'mini', much better than the old Ronald McDonald version :clown:

14. Theerteen

@Farmer7574 ye, when it came out I was stunned as everyone else, but when I first saw it "live" in a GW store, I was kinda disappointed. For my taste, it's too bulky and looks like an action figure, no more like a miniature. Maybe it was due to the paintjob, which was, to be honest, far away from good GW sstandards. Dunno...one day I will get my hands on him, maybe I see it with other eyes than. ....maahahahahah Ronald McDonald version fits perfectly xD

15. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

I had my ex over for drinks last night. She was like "Why is that miniature in such a big box??" It cracked me up. "Because it's Nagash!"

Theerteen likes this.
  16. Draykorinee

Draykorinee Grave Guard

These are amazing, this is exactly why I will never share my models, I am a speed painter and really have no patience for this kind of work. Bravo chaps.

17. Schatt

Schatt Skeleton

@TheMagicAngle
    Cool model and you paint it perfectly. :thumbsup:
    I like free hand details on the book page.

18. Georgi Topalov

Georgi Topalov Zombie

Hello everyone, first time here, i play the VC but i do commissions for all kinds of armies and i did 3 Nagash minis till now so here is the last 2 i finished. :)
    awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_IMG_0249.jpg awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_IMG_0251.jpg awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_Nagash_the_3rd_2.jpg awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_Nagash_the_3rd_3.jpg awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_Nagash_the_3rd.jpg

19. Farmer7574

@Georgi Topalov Very nice work, I like the choice of vibrant colours you've used.

20. Theerteen

I really love the ghost color in the first version @Georgi Topalov that's a great job.

21. Eyeless

Eyeless Wight King

Finally finished my Nagash after a months work. It might not be one of the best but i'm very pleased with the final product. Totally worth it :) still without a base tho as i will be basing him after 9th hits ;)

Nagash 1.jpg
    Nagash 2.jpg Nagash 3.jpg Nagash 4.jpg Nagash 5.jpg Nagash Front.jpg Nagash Side.jpg

22. Farmer7574

@Eyeless Awesome colours you've chosen for him. Is that Sotek Green on his armour? It's nice to see something other than black & purple.

Just a tip, maybe try a wash then a highlight on the armour and the abdomen to define more of the details and tone down the crevices.

23. Eyeless

Eyeless Wight King

@Farmer7574 Thanks. Nop thats Hawk Turquoise with a light dry brush of Abbadon Black : Hawk Turquoise : Boltgun Metal as 1:2:2 and a black wash on top. dont know it the current paint names have changed or not xD. Also for the highlights i'll refrain from doing any as my skill in highlighting is worse than a penguin's flying xD but if i get better at it i will update him :tongue:

24. Wolfrahm

Wolfrahm Ghoul

He looks really good and I bet has a real heavy presence on the table top.

Eyeless likes this.
  25. Eyeless

Eyeless Wight King

thanks =]