1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Show us your Tar pits(Zombies) and Corpse Carts

Discussion in 'Unholy Masterpieces' started by count kill alot, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Indieash254

Indieash254 Zombie

Like the concept - I did a very similar thing by turning my Night Goblin into a Mordheim Dreg with bow and skull wand for summoning!

2. Indieash254

Indieash254 Zombie

I would really like to see some close ups too as I am very old and retro myself! Is that the Heroquest Chaos Sorcerer I see in there? ;)

3. Tjhammer

Tjhammer Skeleton

My first block of zombies. image.jpg

4. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

Now that I finally have all (ish) of my zombies painted up I think they deserve to be up here as well:

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA181992_zps294c4e8b.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA181994_zpsd2bfff6c.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA181995_zps2c601808.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Eyeless, wheeljack and The Sun King like this.
  5. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Oh mahn, the giant filler got finished. Awesome stuff! I need to find some time one day and look through all the unread plogs... :rolleyes:

6. Duke Danse Macabre

Duke Danse Macabre The Duke Staff Member True Blood

Damn it Mad!
    Stop showing off, your making me look bad. ;)

Must say though I do love the character in those units, just brings so much to them.

7. Senzo

Senzo Zombie

Zombiiiiiies
    [​IMG]

8. padrissimus

padrissimus Grave Guard

9. Martin15

Martin15 Zombie

Love the variety in yours Mad 'At, and the unit fillers really add something to the feel of the unit.

A nice first set Senzo, the flesh looks genuinely mouldy - good job.

I love the almost cartoon-ish style of your padrissimus, I wish I had the time and patience to paint like that. They genuinely look like something out of a clean-cartoon computer game (such as Magicka or Orcs Must Die). Great stuff.

All the best

Martin

10. Vigor Jim

Vigor Jim Zombie

@Mad 'At Those are some seriously cool units, wow!

And @padrissimus they are a real piece of art, very very cool

11. Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Pirate Robot Ninja of Death Vampire Thrall

ai.imgur.com_fW634Abl.jpg

Doesn't have much on some of these efforts, but here's my measly 25 zombies that I painted up for Raise Dead purposes.

Prime white -> Talarn Sand on skin -> mud wash -> tallarn sand drybrush on skin / watered white on clothes -> base -> white on eyes, grey on guts (which should have been done before the wash, but oh well)

Orlaster and wheeljack like this.
  12. padrissimus

padrissimus Grave Guard

(Mods: I've been through the forum several times and I cannot find a show me thread for corpse carts so .... I really hope you don't mind!)

Mine is a converted/kit bashed old chaos chariot, using a 1980s figures as the crewman and old plastic models for the draught horses.

From the front (ish)
    ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i49_padrissimus_TileaCampaign_Corpse_20Cart_201_zpspbhsfaws.jpg

From the rear (also -ish)
    ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i49_padrissimus_TileaCampaign_Corpse_20Cart_202_zpsbmoplgoa.jpg

And the ancient paintjob on the rider - more than 30 years old!
    ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i49_padrissimus_TileaCampaign_Corpse_20Cart_203_zpsygcatat4.jpg

There was something very satisfactory and appropriate about using ancient models as the basis of a resurrected chariot. This is meant as a 'counts-as' corpse cart as it is the chariot of an ancient head hunter (thus the piles of skulls) and so has an exactly similar magical effect on necromantic magic. The mass of skulls represent the mass of corpses usually found on the cart. There are some fresher heads too as the head hunter is up to hid old tricks even in undeath. Obviously as a hobby it is a hard one to quit.

13. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

I moved you corpse cart here @padrissimus. Previously they have been posted in this thread but I do realise you confusion. Will fix it so that it is more clear, thanks for bring it up =)

14. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Mad 'At Youve got an awesome horde of dead guys there, nice and chaotic too with those fillers.

@Pirate Robot Ninja of Death Your zombies and basing are cool, they look like dead desert slaves or something. Nice job.

@padrissimus Nice looking cartoonish zombies. Reminds me of zombies in WoW or something. Vibrant and creepy!

15. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Ha, the great high five chariot! Very cool, like it ;) a nice take on an alternative cc!

16. wheeljack

wheeljack Skeleton

Do frozen zombies last longer than normal zombies?

ai1083.photobucket.com_albums_j393_Robert_Geiger_ccccc_zpsvqgmr8oe.jpg

ai1083.photobucket.com_albums_j393_Robert_Geiger_aaaa_zps2u5yhmi8.jpg

17. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

You have to start a plog to show your entire army! The frozen theme kicks donkey balls, those zombies reminds me of Walkers from Game of thrones -series :D
    Love 'em.

wheeljack likes this.
  18. Orlaster

Orlaster Skeleton

@Pirate Robot Ninja of Death It might be a little late to comment but I really like those zombies. I'm hankering to get some mantic ones myself. The models are much better than GW and the paint scheme on yours looks brilliant! They look really desiccated.

wheeljack likes this.
  19. hlt1984

hlt1984 Zombie

my shot at some "zambies" ive used plaguebearers and added some clawy hands :)

Attached Files:

20. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Not your typical zombies, that's for sure - and while I don't see plaguebearers in the role of cheap fodder I must say that they are very well painted! Also a nice change from the typical green with these pale colours and pink :thumbsup:

21. Farmer7574

@hlt1984 First time seeing plague bearers as zombies, but they fit pretty well, I reckon!

Nicely done disgusting-looking paint job too. Just 40 more to go xD

22. Eyeless

Eyeless Wight King

@hlt1984 Great idea to use plaguebearers. Love it.

23. hlt1984

hlt1984 Zombie

Thanks for the comments :) i realize they are a bit untraditional but i just dont der any cool zombie models on the market :-/ and the plaguebearers just looking amazingly rotten :-D farmer - i plan to throw in a rotten blightking with a whip as a centerpiece of the Unit so i Will do 50 zambs but he should take up some space :)

24. hlt1984

hlt1984 Zombie

an addition to my block of zambies - a filler, perhaps a crypt horror if he gets enough buddies for a full unit :)

Attached Files:

Orlaster and Eyeless like this.
  25. Farmer7574

@hlt1984 Awesome filler man! I love the nurlge-zombie thing going on here. Where's that giant scythe from?