1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Resolved Signature length error

Discussion in 'Wisdom of the Master' started by Demian, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

Greetings!

So, I decided to vary my signatures from time to time, adding some text to spread the fun in the forum with thnings that seem funny in my head =P

Anyways, I can't modify the signature, because of an error that says: "Text is too long". Now, I know signatures have a limit, but 70 characters (my minimum) should not be so... or should it? D:

My current signature is 280+ and it's still viable, but when I try to change it, won't let me.

NOTE: Also, by posting this thread I've broken my 666 posts on the profile and I'm a bit sad =/ but that's ok, since this is a bug report, hehe.

2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

The Bug Report of the Beast! Also, glad this is being addressed. I haven't gotten 'round to fixing the plog link in my sig since the update. Now I have an excuse to put it off longer.

3. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Skeleton

Ah ok glad I am not alone thought I would sort out my profile and account properly but keep getting signature length errors....

4. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Ok, I have amended the signature permissions so hopefully you can sort them out. Please note the following allowances for your signature:

The allowed elements in your signature are based on your posts (and as such the group CN places you in):

New Bloods: 1-49 posts
    • 200 characters allowed
    • Maximum number of links: 1
    • Maximum number of lines: 8
    • Maximum number of images: 1
    • Smilies: allowed

Undead - 50-999 posts
    • 300 characters allowed
    • Maximum number of external links: 2
    • Maximum number of lines: 10
    • Maximum number of images: 3
    True Bloods - 1000+ posts
    • 500 characters allowed
    • Maximum number of external links: 5
    • Maximum number of lines: 12
    • Maximum number of images: 5

5. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

I'm wondering if this should be added to the rules on signatures in the forum rules topic?

6. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

Ah, much gratitude!

I can now update my signature more often, and hope to become a True Blood... so that I can write many more lines! hahahahahahahahahahahahah

=)

7. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Not a problem :thumbsup:

8. Mc1gamer

Mc1gamer Nagash will Rise AGAIN! He's back? Nevermind

I can't seem to find how to edit my signature at all. Its been a bit since I've been to the site, but can anyone give me a quick guide on where this can be done on my profile? Thanks!!

9. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

In the top right there's an icon of a person, hover over it and there'll be two columns that appear, the second from the top on the left is the one you wish to click.

(please start a new report in the future however for separate issues)

10. Mc1gamer

Mc1gamer Nagash will Rise AGAIN! He's back? Nevermind

Hey thanks for responding. Sorry for the dupe. No worries if you want to delete this post, since I got the answer. Cheers!