1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Skaven Warlord on Bonebreaker RULES!

Discussion in 'Soulblight Symposium' started by The Sun King, Oct 16, 2015.

1. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Hey guys, okay so I felt sad that I couldn't use my nice converted Bonebreaker with the AoS rules. So I just made my own rules. The points are calculated with SDK. Hope you enjoy! Warlord on Bonebreaker.jpg

Dragonet likes this.
  2. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

This is really nice! I can't wait to see
    all kinds of home brew units taking to the field in AoS. Best of all rules wise, who's going to accuse the unit of being unbalanced? And the freedom that a more relaxed system allows should be great fluff wise.

Oppenheimer likes this.
  3. The Sun King

I'm glad you like it @Dragonet :) What I really enjoy with the SDK is that the points are completely math-based and therefore objective. A lot of comp systems out there is way too subjective for my taste and with SDK you can basically build any unit you want and just calculate the points yourself :)

This unit is more or less just a Rat Ogre and a Skaven Warlord combined into one warscroll.

4. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

I must look up SDK; Vampire on a chariot has got to happen sometime, and finally having flammable 'tomb guard', ie Mummies, is a must!

5. The Sun King

Those are some really cool ideas! Might look into making those... if you don't mind?

6. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

By all means, as if you needed my permission! I would be thrilled to print them off and add them to my Age Of Sigmar games. Besides, they weren't my ideas, I've always loved the original Undead army book, the diversity of Undead in Fighting Fantasy's 'Out Of The Pit' among other books and the idea of a more structured hierarchy of Undeath.

Regarding the chariots and other mounts, I've noted the riders are restricted to one set of spells and equipment; also and not unique to AoS, many characters are restricted in what mounts they can take. Do you think it would improve the game to give players a simple choice of spell and magic weapon, item etc? I think that customisation would really enable players to put more of themselves back into the hobby aspect as well as the games.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  7. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

The coven throne is a vampire on a chariot...

8. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

Myeeeah, technically three vampires on a palanquin carried by spirits. It's not the warriors' vehicle I'd want to see Boudicca ride into battle! Granted it's a cool model and serves in terms of the rules, it just isn't for me.

9. Alabaster427

I showed this to my skaven playing friend and made two suggestions:
    1. Any skaven (even warlord), would not likely be able to get a Rat Ogre, especially one so frenzied to leave combat, so Strike and Scurry Away should be removed.
    2. Number 1 should be replaced with the warpfire gun:
    12170695_10101585899721481_1771592298_n.jpg

10. The Sun King

I see your point with Scurry Away. Bonebreakers never had a Warpfiregun so that wouldn't fly either.

11. Alabaster427

I am not familiar with skaven, just passing on what he said. But we did decide to allow it in play, because we both hate when models get wasted.

12. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

The black coach is another chariot. There's a vampire inside it.

13. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

That much is true, again though I prefer my warriors not to be sleeping inside a coffin when they're riding into battle. And preferably mounted in a practical battle vehicle rather than an aristocratic carriage.

Call me pedantic, but I do prefer substance over style! I love the Coven Throne and the Black Coach models, but to me they just aren't weapons of war.

14. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Guess we like vampires for different reasons. Aristocratic and elegant but still sinister (unlike the HE) are my favorite parts. Have you thought about chaos? They have two chariots which are more about brutes riding to war.

Dragonet likes this.
  15. The Sun King

Vampires can be brutes as well... ever heard of Strigois?

16. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

To my mind the most lordly would fight in the method preferred by their cultural aristocracy, normally with the most expensive arms and armour money could buy. Far from being brutish a chariot was a status symbol for many ancient peoples in the same way a luxury car is today; however unlike a car or coach it's designed for riding into battle with one's personal banner and champion or herald. One just can't fight from a closed flammable vehicle in the same way as an open topped one.

With all that said, I do really like the Black Coach model, and am looking forward to completing one day an aides de camp diorama with the coach's living horses being groomed by living servants and the Blood Dragons in war council inside a black canvas pavilion drinking blood from crystal glasses. I may find use for the Coven Throne parts here as well!

17. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

So the best war chariot is actually a terrorgeist? I can get behind that.

@Dragonet That sounds like a neat diorama. It certainly seems to have a touch of class I would enjoy.

Dragonet likes this.
  18. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

I'll let you know when life gives me that sabbatical I'd need to get it done!