1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Skeletons and spears

Discussion in 'Laws of the Night' started by Hellion Nox, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Hellion Nox

Hellion Nox Grave Guard

If a model uses the upgrade of equipping a spear, like our skeleton warriors (VC).
    Does it leave its hand weapon behind? Or does it bring it along side of him?

If so, could the model decide to not use a spear on 1 round and go S&B instead, thus granting it a parry save?

Or does that mean, if one takes the spears, the shield only affect the Armor save of the model. Lowering it by 1.

2. owain_b

owain_b Ghoul

Hi, I'm pretty sure the upgrades replace the hand weapons and I also think that is a rule that says special weapons have to be used in place of hand weapons if the model has both. I don't have the rule book with me but that little niggle in the back of my mind is normally on to something.

I'll have a look when I get home if someone doesn't beat me to it

3. Infernal Skull

Infernal Skull Wight King

Models always have a "hand weapon" in addition to any other weapons. That said, if they have another weapon (halberd, spear, great weapon, etc.) they must use that and are not permitted to use their regular hand weapon instead. Magic weapons also trump "normal" special weapons. It's in the rules for weapons on page 89.

4. Hellion Nox

Hellion Nox Grave Guard

Ok thank you guys!