1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tomb-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

So, what's everyone working on?

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Josef, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

Slogging through the layering on those two spirit hosts. They're coming along though, just a few more colours and they'll be done.

It's all undead forecast for the near future!

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

Finished my Ent for the League of Rhordia army this week. That's 2 units down. I think I'll be working up Gandalf next. Once I get another unit or 2 done I may start a plog for this army. Photobucket has crushed my spirit there.

3. Farmer7574

@Adam_Barrow To quote the man himself; "Plogs for the Plog God!"

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  4. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

@Adam_Barrow Yep, same effect with photobucket here. Do you have discovered a good alternative yet?

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  5. Devour the Cabbage

Devour the Cabbage Skeleton

Welp had a shot at a few paint schemes, not 100% sure what to go for though.[​IMG] [​IMG] or [​IMG]

Got to work on those pictures :/

6. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

@Farmer7574 You're right! I'll set something up before long. :pumpkin: I'm looking forward to showing this army.
    @Theerteen Not done much scouring yet. If anybody else finds a good alternative holler atcher boy.
    @Devour the Cabbage I gotta say, the green on that 3rd one is a great shade. There's my vote, if you're asking. That Llamhia does look awesome gold and purple, though.

7. Farmer7574

@Devour the Cabbage Big fan of the green with rusted wargear look, it really gives them a moldy and decayed look.

Here's a suggestion though - I think going for brown on the base edges will offset the green on the base top nicely and make the miniature a bit more eye-catching overall.

8. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Varghulf

9. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Finished my entry for turning the world to darkness. Painting was rushed but better than nothing.

10. Farmer7574

@robtion Your entry is awesome mate, really nice work on that one!

I've managed to get my spirit hosts done and only just got around to getting pictures done. They'll be in my PLOG later on but for now work continues on other undead stuff!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  11. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

@Farmer7574 commented in your plog, nothing unexpected ;) I love that cold flame look, you undoubtedly mastered the way a flame should look, bright on the inside, and darker on the outer areals. Perfect.

Finished my 4 Blood Knights for completing reasons, now going for the last 6 Grave Guards, a Wight King and a mounted Necromancer

12. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

I finished the 4th zombie unit, it's now 200 wounds worth of zombies! Unfortunately by the time I was done with the basing, it was too dark for photos, so I'll have to wait for another weekend. Now it's back to the dragon. And the new competition probably, I have a mini just for that ;)

Farmer7574 likes this.
  13. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Mostly converted my entry for turning the world to darkness. Painting next.

14. Farmer7574

@Theerteen Thanks a lot mate. I think the effect looks decent on the spirit hosts but my actual painting of fire still has room for improvement I reckon.

@Borgnine Really looking forward to seeing that dragon, the conversion work you've put into it thus far is phenomenal. Do you have a goal to reach for your zeds or are you just going to use your entire bitz box? :)

@robtion As said before, you work fast mate! Your entries are always interesting and inspiring, looking forward to seeing what you conjure up next!

I've got 12 skeletons on the go and I've been able to put a big dent in that layering on the bone. They're coming along nicely.

15. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

@Farmer7574 I built 7 sets of command groups for them, so the plan right now is to do 350 of them - but I just keep finding cool bits to use on ebay, the ride never ends... Recently I got a mummified dragon and a stegadon for zombification... Good thing is, using techniques shown on youtube, I really sped up the painting of rank&file troops... if I actually get the time to paint that is ;)

Good to see you working on those skellies. You have anything else than them or hexies on the table now? :)

16. Farmer7574

@Borgnine I really enjoyed you zombification of lesser beasts earlier this year - you did an awesome job on them, so I've got a lot of anticipation now that you've mentioned a dragon and a stegadon for your future zombie projects.

Nothing else on the painting desk right now mate. I tend to stick to just one or two projects at a time as I prefer to put my time & energy into fewer things at once instead of having many things on the go. Some people are pros at multitasking - I'm not one of them. :)