1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

So, what's everyone working on?

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Josef, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Thanks man! Starting off with things I really don't need but will probably sell an old army or two... :(

2. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

@Shadespyre
    Shit man, that really sucks. Is it realistic to get enough money out of minis? What's the least you need for your car? I'm looking for a completely new one, I'm car-less since last year, and I friggin HATE to work myself into that shit

3. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

I can pretty much cover the bill from my savings, but that leaves me short of money for anything else for a while, so anything I sell now helps with cash flow. Realistically I hope I can raise £500 to £1000 pretty quickly which'll help a lot :) It's hard to say what I might get for my armies since AOS happened...

4. Theerteen

Ok that seems quite a lot, but I have no idea what you might be selling there. The only things I would consider to sell is a half build half boxed TK army, but the collecting envious demon in me would never do that, no matter what there is to pay :cautious:

@Adam_Barrow I completely jumped over your comment, yea, please give me some pics of your tg ;)

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  5. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

DM sent. I need to take some pictures of this army and reupload them again sometime. Those WIP pics are gone, though.

6. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Have started building something suitably monstrous for the new challenge.

Adam_Barrow and Borgnine like this.
  7. Theerteen

Bring it on! I'm experimenting with air brush atm on my TG, of course for the challenge as well. Not quite satisfying so far :slapface:

8. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

And I am trying to build that vampire horse for the Halloween challenge - and while I have a lot of horse bodies, I found only one tail. So the whole work is getting postponed at least a day while I have to make a mold and copy it...

9. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

I thought I'd paint some space marines for a change? :)

10. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

The Halloween challenge sounds fun! Wish I had the time to participate but I'm crazy busy these days.

I finally got those remaining Hexwraiths finished. They didn't take exceptionally long, it's just that life stuff has been getting in the way of painting these days.

Pictures coming soon. :cool:

11. Theerteen

Boardgame fair today xD when I'm home, hopefully some progress on my pumpkin boy.

12. Farmer7574

Looking at my mass of unpainted plastic I've found that I have 150+ unpainted night gobbos, so I've got a few of those on the go to expand the ranks of the greenskins.

@Theerteen Are you painting up a pumpkin monster like Reaper's pumpkin golem? Awesome miniature. :)

13. Theerteen

@Farmer7574 had to check it out, didn't know it. But you're right, it looks like great fun to field xD but mine is completely different, hopefully I can present it saturday. /edit: closest to describe it, a pumpkin squig :D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Farmer7574 likes this.
  14. Theerteen

On it, on it. Have a WIP for proof.

[​IMG]

15. Farmer7574

@Theerteen That looks awesome. That would sit nicely in my squig herd. :)

16. Theerteen

@Farmer7574 hehe, I'm still planning a goblin circus army, so I might use it one day ;)

17. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Theerteen likes this.
  18. Farmer7574

@Theerteen I'd love to see you do that Gobbo circus army - it's a wicked idea!

I'm putting the finishing touches to a bunch of night Gobbos and getting a few things ready for some paint in the near future.

I've put together a Wight King BSB. I've also been shaving mold lines off zombie parts and playing about with the positioning options of one of those Mortis Engine flying banshees on a single base.

19. Theerteen

@Farmer7574 me too mate, me too xD But I think it's still a long way until I can even think of starting it, my next focus is on blood Angels / Sororitas

20. Theerteen

“What's everyone working on?“ Today I was working on managing my way home from work. Never visit Cologne on 11.11. , especially not if you are sober.

21. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Spent most of my spare time in the last few days packaging up miniatures I've sold on ebay. Raised over £1000 towards my car repairs so far, I guess we have to call that a success!

Feels like time I painted something though...

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  22. Farmer7574

@Shadespyre That's a pretty good effort. It's a shame you've had to part with your minis though.

23. Devour the Cabbage

Devour the Cabbage Ghoul

Painting up some of my dark eldar and pondering over which unit to start with for my undead. Suppose I cant go wrong painting the 10 skeles I own..

Farmer7574 likes this.
  24. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

@Farmer7574 It is a shame, but it's also a shame if they are stuck in boxes for a decade waiting for me to think about maybe painting them! It's harder to part with the painted minis that I've gamed with, which is why I've not sold whole armies yet. But I could sell half my Beasts army and still field 5000 points if I wanted to ;)

25. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

I took a brief break to paint FANTASY MODELS. Just these four chests though, for Frostgrave again.

[​IMG]

Now I'm back on Space Marines

26. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Finally painted some Undead.... well, some bones and skulls, anyway...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Theerteen likes this.