1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

So, what's everyone working on?

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Josef, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Shadespyre Nice work on those Legion of the Damned marines, always wanted to paint up some of those myself but never got around to it.

Currently painting up my Skull Pass Idol filler and putting together a few characters for my O&G army. I'm also in the process of painting up a Wight King for my undead. Bit of a mixed bag on the table!

2. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

@Farmer7574 Thanks! They've similarly been on my to do list for 25 years plus so it's nice to have finally done a squad.

I painted the last couple of miniatures on my desk (an Inquisitor and a Halfling ranger) so now it's Rhino (and related tank) building time. I have NINE Mark 1 Rhinos, mostly in a terrible state, to restore to use. I started off by (literally in some cases) ripping them apart, now I'm patching up the body work with scrap plasticard and milliput and then there will be hours of sanding and smoothing... after that I actually get to assemble them into Rhinos and Predators and Vindicators and whatever, which is the fun part.

3. Farmer7574

@Shadespyre Awesome, those finished tanks will be well worth the work.

4. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

I'm going to be building Space Marine tanks for the rest of ETERNITY, thanks for asking...

5. Farmer7574

I've got a couple of Skull Pass characters in the works for Da Warpath's Advent. Last few miniatures this year I reckon!

6. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

@Shadespyre if you wanna get rid of one for little money, I'm there for you mate :D :tongue:

Setting up some dire wolves as KoW werewolves. Annoying, because gw cav bases are too long for just fixing them together. So de-basing (from really cool bases they were standing on before, building new Multibases, adding the wolves in different poses, and decorate the base :thumbsdown:

7. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Still Space Marine tanks, mostly. I took a little time out to paint a few Frostgrave undead, and I've also nearly finished Codename: Thomas, haha!

8. Farmer7574

Converting the remaining bunch of zomblins I have left... Getting some of the old stuff outta the way before working on the new stuff :)

9. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Today I'm painting Space Mar..... no, I'm not! Because we played Frostgrave at Christmas, I'm adding a few minis to my collection, converting three identical halfling archers to look different...

And then I'm going to carry on working on my Space Marine tanks, which are coming along nicely now.

10. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Update - finally finished building and painting SEVEN Space Marine Tanks.

Next - I'm building FOUR more Space Marine Tanks...

11. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

Last touches to remaining seven plastic skeletons, 3rd edition unit of mummies next and then... old zombie dragon or C21 cavalry

12. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

That reminds me - I found that metal Skeleton Champion head! If you'd like to have it, drop me a PM with your address and I'll mail it to you :)

13. Farmer7574

@Shadespyre Seven tanks! Impressive work...

I've just put together a few fillers to bump up the night gobbo population of my greenskins army.

On the VC front, I'm working on another filler for the zombie unit.

14. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

@Farmer7574 Thanks. Impressive, insane, same thing ;) Last four tanks are getting undercoated tonight, I think that makes a total of 14 for this army!

Currently taking a breather to assemble some more Frostgrave models for my pal.

15. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Finished the first unit for my KoW Goblins, now going for Fleabag Riders (Wolfriders) aka Amazing Spider Trainer Show. 2 Regiments with 6+ Minis each, should be manageable in 2 weeks. But we aaaall know how "should be manageable" can be a fraud :D