1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Spell Generation 9th Age

Discussion in 'Laws of the Night' started by Quinten, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

So the rule reads:

"All Paths contain “Learned Spells”, which are Spells numbered 1 through to 6. Roll a D6 for each Spell the Wizard has, to see which spells the Wizard can cast in this battle. If a '1' is rolled, the Wizard knows the Learned Spell number 1, and so on. If a duplicate Learned Spell is rolled (either because another Wizard in the same army has already rolled the spell or because the same Wizard rolled a double), the Wizard must replace the duplicate result with another freely chosen spell from the same Path that has not already been rolled."

After reading this I have no idea what happens if I have more than six leaned spells from the same path in the same army. Do I lose the spells? Do I start over as in eighth. It really says nothing on this topic. Right now I'm leaning towards treating it as it was in eighth as not being allowed to take too many wizards of one path is odd, but it is highly ambiguous. Am I missing something obvious here that's part of a different section?

2. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

Ignore this the next section clears it up.