1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Spontaneous Log-off

Discussion in 'Wisdom of the Master Archive' started by Fodderboy, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Fodderboy

Fodderboy Master Necromancer True Blood

Hello

I was spontaneously logged off in the middle of browsing the rules forum.

Time: just after 7pm ZULU
    Browser: IE version 8.00.7601.17514

Thanks for all of your work on this forum.

2. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

I feel like this is more of a client side issue, some hiccup with your browser or your internet. Is this the first time this has happened?

3. Fodderboy

It definitely is for CN.

I don't recall it happening with any other forums.

4. Lynks

But is this the only instance of this occurring or is it a frequent event? I'm not saying you have any serious problem or criticising you, occasionally you get disconnected from these services every now and then, it's happened to me a few times on different websites and I'm just wondering whether this is a re-occurring issue for you on CN, which would imply an issue with CN.

5. Fodderboy

I know debugging these things can be a collossal pain, so the more information you have, the better chance you have of figuring it out.

So far as I know, this is a unique occurrence. Even if I drop my connection, my account is set to 'remember me', so when I fire things back up again, I'm in.

6. Lynks

Thanks for the information. Unless this is a re occurring problem or others have been experiencing it however, I think I'm going to mark this as unresolved. In the transfer to the new forum software it seems quite unlikely that this oddity will continue if it is a problem of the forum. If it happens again (or to anyone else) be sure to tell me and I'll see what can be done.

7. Fodderboy

Fair enough.

One never knows if these things are a symptom of some other problem, so I always fire my reports in to IT.