1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tomb-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Start of 4000 points of Undead.

Discussion in 'The Tale of X Gamers' started by Brogaric, May 15, 2012.

1. Brogaric

Brogaric Zombie

I have decided to join a campaign at the local hobby store. It's a 4000 point campaign that starts at 1000 then rises 1000 points every six weeks.

My 4000 point list I need to make and paint. In some cases even buy.

Vampire Lord
    Vampire
    Vampire
    Necromancer
    Necromancer

138 x Skeletons
    40 x Dire Wolves
    2 x Corpse Cart

49 x Grave Guard
    20 x Black Knights
    3 x Bat swarms

1 x Black Coach
    1 x Mortis Engine

With the possibility of adding up to another 1000 points of Storm of Magic stuff (which I haven't worked out yet).

I have made a start on my first skeleton unit, which is included as an attachment to this post.

EDIT: To add a new attachment for my shields that have arrived.

Attached Files:

2. Bishop

Bishop Master Necromancer True Blood

For some variety, I'd suggest that you pick up:

a unit of Ghouls

possibly some Zombies, even if they are just for raising

I'd also consider dropping some of the Black Knights. Switching them for some other special/rare. Hex Wraiths or Blood Knights. Maybe Vargulf of Terrorgheist. Or even Vargheist/Crypt Horrors if you fancy that.

I just think that the list, as you have it, will be incredibly dull and one dimensional.

3. Brogaric

Brogaric Zombie

Thanks for the comments they are always welcome.

The main reason I don't have any Zombies or Ghouls is because I don't like them and also the main inspiration for my army is the film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106308

I do agree with your comments about the knights though as it was something I was thinking myself. Hex wraiths might fit, better and they look cool.

Thanks again for the feedback.

4. Bishop

Bishop Master Necromancer True Blood

No problems. And welcome to the forum!

I prefer Skeletons as well; I largely use skeletons as the main core units. I have found a single unit of Ghouls to be handy.