1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Sunny's challenge

Discussion in 'Legions of the Damned' started by The Sun King, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hellion Nox

Hellion Nox Grave Guard

Interesting list and nice to see the inclusion of vlad in there. Next time that I can play a 'named characters allowed game' I'll certainly give it a try. :)

2. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Nice, glad to be of help. Let me know how it goes :D Since Vlad is not the most broken Special Character I'm sure you can convince somebody to a casual game.

3. The Sun King

@Asmodeus : I got really happy with this one, I'm tempted to run it myself:

Lords:
    VL: Zombie Dragon, Level 4 LoV, Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Nightshroud, Other Trickster's Shard, Talisman of Preservation, Quickblood, Red Fury
    VL: Hellsteed, Level 1 LoV, Lance, Shield, Armour of Destiny, Potion of Strength, Quickblood, Red Fury

Core:
    5 DW: Doom Wolf
    40 Zombies: Musician, Banner
    20 Zombies: Musician, Banner

Special:
    4 Vargheists: Vargoyle [use these to keep your VL's out of challenges]
    4 Vargheists: Vargoyle [use these to keep your VL's out of challenges]

Rare:
    Terrorgheist

Points 2400
    Comp points used: 3

4. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Skeleton

I appreciate it.
    I`m still working on this concept with various success - so i thought that you could give me some fresh look.

5. The Sun King

I've run my Zombiedragon ETC list before and it wrecks face... like seriously. With the addition of another flying VL it can get really nasty :)

6. Hellion Nox

Hellion Nox Grave Guard

I actually really like that list aswell. How do you think it would do versus lists from the eternity host?

7. The Sun King

Pretty well. The ZombieDragonLord is MURDER against ASF. Try to flank all you can and get into cc fast if the enemy brings a lot of shooting.

8. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

Kinda the opposite to @najo's challenge but here's one. Create the least competitive build possible at 2500pts (within reason: no all zombies and one cairn wraith type lists) using only purple/blue units from your handbook. Additionally, you must use at least three purple units. Good luck :silent:

*Edit*
    Just to clarify what I mean, try to show how a well-intention but misguided person could make all the right choices from your handbook but still totally mess up the list building process. :devil2:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    The Sun King likes this.
  9. MedMos

MedMos Zombie

Is this still a thing? Can we issue list-challenges from The 9th Age as well?

10. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

@MedMos: I doubt it. Sunny hasn't been very active lately, and I don't think he plays 9th Age. I'd gladly be proven wrong though (hint hint, nudge nudge @The Sun King ).

The Sun King likes this.
  11. The Sun King

Hey Mad'At! I'm back from the dead. Well I don't play 9th Age, but feel free to challenge me to make Age of Sigmar lists using General's Handbook.

Mad 'At likes this.
  12. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

Hey! Whad'ya know, it worked! Good to see you again Sunny :)

Shame you are not into 9th Age, but at least you are still engaged in the hobby I take it. You should start up a new thread like this one in Summoning the Deathrattlers. I'm sure it'd be much appreciated.

13. der vued

der vued Ghoul

He also appears right next to you if you say his name three times in front of a mirror. You should only do this if you have very important questions on warhammer, otherwise he gets really mad.

MedMos likes this.