1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The 9th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle?

Discussion in 'Laws of the Night' started by VonDottingen, Feb 12, 2016.

1. VonDottingen

VonDottingen Zombie

My Gaming club is thinking of moving on from 8th Edition rules to the one detailed in the google search below. I cant post links until I have posted three times... Anyway, check it out!

What do you guys think? Very intriguing revamp (pun intended) of our Army Book within: Vampire Covenant. Note that everything is mostly the same except the names for copyright reasons no doubt.

"the ninth age warhammer"

MOD EDIT: Added link.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
  2. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

@VonDottingen: Took the liberty of editing a link into your post.

I am actually part of the team working on the VC book, so at least I am quite pleased with it. Not entirely though, which is why there will be some changes in the next release, in March.

Overall I am personally very excited about 9th Age. I've played a lot of games with it, hosted one tournament with it and attended another, and I have to say, it runs incredibly smoothly. In 8th edition, the idea of playing a tournament without any sort of comp and hope it could be even remotely balances seemed ridiculous. But at the 9th Age tournament I played at there was not a single game that felt decided beforehand, and I had quite a silly list even. And that was a quite early tournament, there has been some releases since then and we are still in beta, so the outsome looks very bright imo.

3. VonDottingen

VonDottingen Zombie

Awesome dude keep up the good work! The mantle of WHFB must now be bourne by the fans.

4. der vued

der vued Ghoul

i played a few games and so far i really like it! of course there are some things that might not be to your taste, but it's the most balanced "edition" of warhammer. and it feels like playing warhammer (unlike kow, which nontheless is also great!).