• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Goddamnit, I could swear I already commented on your previous blightknight! It's the second time I have such a feeling on this forum....

Either way, I like your blightknight very much, with many different colors, with combination of dryness and wetness, rotten, slimy and old - as it should be! :)

The circus is also going nicely :thumbsup: It would be difficult to get a right photo of it, but with some darker lighting the atmospheric effect could be awesome!

As for the copperhead's eyes - these look like googles - maybe some gloss varnish on them would make them more convincing?

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Those familiars are damn awesome xD
And your paint certainly do them justice. Nice touch with the little stripes on the fish. And their eyes are all really good.

The Warpriest looks cool to. Good choice of colours. And the same can be said about the little griffon.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Those familiars are really damn characterful! Nice work on them. I like the book one, such a hellish combination of warm colors on him :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Nice work! Flamey thingies have a nice gradient and hotness to them and I like the colors on the knight. You cannot get more regal than with gold, blue and red :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
The yellowish glow from the inside has a great tone to it and really makes the mini. Those legs are made of greenstuff or are they part of the original model?

Micheal Valdros

Black Knight
Jun 30, 2014
New Lahmia
Thanks! The legs are 100% greenstuff supported by some paperclips, the model was originally just a jack 'o lantern

DSCN8317.JPG DSCN8318.JPG DSCN8319.JPG

Late again, and I realized anything I can actually do for next week would be small and not all that well done since most of my effort is going into the last thing of the week, so I figured I'll just spread that into two parts since its already two separate pieces anyway

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Well, this one isn't glowing but it's beautifully dirty instead :D The blackness seeping from inside the pumpkin, the wet dirt underneath, really cool!

Micheal Valdros

Black Knight
Jun 30, 2014
New Lahmia
This is what I've been spending most of this month and last working on, still waiting on some leaves I ordered to show up so I can finish it and add the actual miniature.
DSCN8331.JPG DSCN8332.JPG DSCN8333.JPG DSCN8334.JPG DSCN8335.JPG DSCN8338.JPG
Made the tree out of anything I could find with a wood texture, I think it was mostly supports from the Goblin town set, chaos banner poles and skeleton spears but there's probably a few other things in there too

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Great model and a sweet execution - I like how the hanged man eyes are dark, while the big guy has them glowing - and their 'facial' expressions, that builds such a good narration :thumbsup:

Micheal Valdros

Black Knight
Jun 30, 2014
New Lahmia
Been working on both variants of Neophyte, figuring out their color schemes and how the army's going to be based and all that

Mining Neophyte:
DSCN8354.JPG DSCN8355.JPG DSCN8356.JPG

PDF Neophyte:
DSCN8361.JPG DSCN8364.JPG DSCN8365.JPG DSCN8367.JPG DSCN8368.JPG
I wasnt really sure what I was doing for him, just kinda made it up as I went so he's a little messy and some things arent really colored like they should be, mostly the sword.

Also testing out some fancy metalics from Vallejo, had to give them a test run because apparently they're different from regular paint.

This side's washing Agrax, the other in Sepia just to see what looks better
DSCN8370.JPG DSCN8371.JPG

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
And genestealer cults too? You certainly have it diverse here ;)

As for the Vallejo metallics, they are really shiny and work best when used as a highlight - after covering it with shade, it's qualities are diminished somehow. Still, they are great and I wish you good luck with them - those golden pieces look good. The like the first one better ;)

Micheal Valdros

Black Knight
Jun 30, 2014
New Lahmia
Yep, gotta paint EVERYTHING anyone's ever made

As for the metallics, the shade was mostly just to see if it'd make it rust or something, since the site does warn about that being a thing that can happen. As far as I can tell not even brushing pure water over it does that though, 'least when I tried it on the Sepia side. It does seem like it'll make pretty good highlights, yeah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu