1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The Eclipse Lords of Nehekhara

Discussion in 'The Necrarch Workshop' started by Gates of the Netherworld, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Gates of the Netherworld

Gates of the Netherworld Zombie

I have started working on an "End Times" Tomb King army - after the Fall of Settra and Nagash takes over the Nehekharan underworld, and during/after the near-total conquest of Nehekhara. (Exceptions being: Ra-Setra and Lybaras...and Mahrak and the Charnel Valley)

I thought it would be good to get feedback/ideas from another army source, and seeing Arion's guide to point values, I'll be using that to better balance the list I have now.

The goal is to make Tomb Kings varied - to take advantage of its Ancient Egyptian/Sumerian feel, as well as to correct some issues in the rules, while keeping the feel of Tomb Kings.

I am rather inexperienced to be doing this, so feel free to critique and advise as you wish.

Here's the Google Document

2. UndeadSi87

UndeadSi87 Skeleton

seems liek a really cool concept...however one thing High Queen Khalida is part of the Undead Legions list so would suggest you cannot use her in this army.

To be fair, I don't think the Tomb Kings, post Nagash and asuming there are those who hold out against his will, would be much different from what they are now. Love the name of the army though! Really...really cool!

3. Gates of the Netherworld

I actually figured that Khalida, Queen of Lybaras, who bowed to Nagash in order to hunt Neferata more freely (And not risk death before vengeance) would come to aid Ra-Setra (The Jungle City, closely allied to Lybaras, to the blood...or bone, if you will) later on.

It has its own sort of timeline that I'm trying to fit as closely as possible to the current timeline (including End Times)

Also, thanks :D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  4. Gates of the Netherworld

Update: I added links from a Table of Contents to each unit's description/special rules.

So, should I bring in the different Unit Sheets to allow anyone who wants to discuss them? (Is not getting much feedback about whether or not they are overpowered/overpriced, lack synergy. or what have you)

Also, Khalida can now ride a Necroserpent with a squad of Necropolis Knights with/without Longbows. (For 50 points + 5 points per Knight (Knight being 65 points))

I think it would be cool to have Khalida on a Necroserpent face off against Neferata the Mortarch.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  5. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

Looks good. A question on Ramhotep. When he regenerates from another Necrotect, how many WOunds does he start with?

The idea of the flying Warbarques is interesting, and those obsidian fireflies/lizards etc. are quite good. WOuld I be correct in presuming My Will be Done (the model can March) allows the unit to March? Interesting WS boost restriction.
    I'm guessing the Archers have Arrows of Asaph.
    Nice idea bringing in the blessings of the gods. Something probably contradicts this, but when Nagash short-circuited the wards around Mahrak first time round, the gods were severed from the material world, so how do these blessings work?

All in all, good job!

6. Gates of the Netherworld

Yes, My Will Be Done allows the unit to march, though the 6" bubble of its effect around units with the special rule does not grow with the unit (Otherwise, one could make a giant unit, and get a giant radius of effect)

Yes, Arrows of Asaph is still in play for archers

That is an interesting thing, about the breaking of the covenant. My interpretation of it, as one can still utilize the rituals of the gods and the constructs work, was that the gods are now barred from direct interference, but still act through the constructs, their "chosen" (Khalida, Amun-Bes), and holy relics. Also, I think there were some indication that Settra, upon his re-awakening, being partly a relic of the covenant himself (Hence the power, beyond his sheer military/arrogant brutality). With him dead, I think Khalida, Amun, and the constructs are the last hands the gods of Nehekhara have in the realm...and as such, though badass, every loss is like killing part of a god.

As for how the Hammurai work...I am not sure (just as I am unsure how the heck Nagash forced himself into their realms to give Usirian a beating and take the Morghasts...when he closed the door in the first place)

Perhaps Ptra and Neru used the same kind of door used by Nagash to send the Hammurai?

Also, I am glad it is sounding good to everyone so far.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014