1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The end of The End Times. [MASSIVE SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Liber Mortis' started by Shareya, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

Well, he was 2nd generation Lahmian, I'm sure, so I think it is reasonable he would be charming yet cruel.:vampire2:

2. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Honestly I don't get how people can be iffed about the world ending... the campaign was called the End Times after all. Not to be a prick, but the writing was on the wall guys :)

najo and Dragonet like this.
  3. Malisteen

Malisteen Vampire Count True Blood

I agree, this thing ended the way it was always going to, the only question was how we got there. In all, I'm quite happy with the undead's showing in this. Could have been better here and there. Would have liked for Nagash to get some symbolic revenge on the Skaven, perhaps in a duel with Verminking. Would have liked some part of Sylvania to make it off planet, along with the Lizardmen ships and presumably Skavenblight. But all in all, we got a great showing, our characters did a bunch of cool stuff, and for the most part none of our people were horribly out of character or forced to run with the idiot ball.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  4. Emicrania

Emicrania Wight King

Now I get it. If GW doesn't care to change direction of their business ( which doesn't looks like they do, mr Khorne deamon in plastic 70£), they can keep on blew up all what they want.
    I will keep on playn 8th until I care too. Thanks to the recaster at this point OFC.

5. Malisteen

Malisteen Vampire Count True Blood

They're absolutely changing the direction of their business, blowing up the old world and rebooting fantasy is a pretty major and pretty risky shift no matter how you look at it.

The prices per model aren't coming down, but do they really have to? That Bloodthirster is huge, easily equivalent to Warmahordes colossals/gargantuans, and is about the same price as they are, while looking way cooler than most of them (personal judgment I know, and the amazing archangel is absolutely an exception there), and being built out of a far superior material.

In warmahordes, though, a colossal is half your army, making the cost seem more appropriate. If we see Fantasy game sizes come down considerably in 9th, it could make expensive models like the Bloodthirster similarly palatable.

6. Zephyr

Zephyr Master Necromancer True Blood

To me it isn't the prices of the big plastic kits but the Core troops that kill my wallet. Just look at the De Witch Elves...jeebus.

Agree with Malisteen that what irked me the most was OOC heroes/antiheroes/villians in teh story. The way they dealth with the elves was horrible. I'm a huge DE fan but no way can I find it credible they working together like that after killing eachother for 5K years. Yes the world was dying and all that but I always thought they would go out fighting eachother...ah well.

7. najo

najo Mortarch of the Dark Soul Staff Member True Blood

Low sales is the reason they blew up the world. Buying from recasters doesn't help save fantasy 2.0.

8. najo

Malekith gets chosen by the gods to be king. Tyrion goes insane and takes all the khaine worshipping high elves and dark elves against malekith. Tyrion and his army lose. So politically that is what happens. The elves who couldn't live together do fight up to the end. Followers of Khaine vs followers of Asuryan, the elves who follow the rightful phoenix king and the elves loyal to malekith, which happens to be one guy, hence the uniting.

Dragonet likes this.
  9. Emicrania

Emicrania Wight King

is important to clarify that i bought 1 miniature from recaster and i'm not pleased with it. Still if i will buy the greater deamon of nurgle,it will be a recaster,i'm not payn 110£ for one block of resin.
    Anyhow the whole price discussion,as we had before, is personal and therefore not really costructive, what is resonable for me is not for you and viceversa.
    Still I belive is cannot be denied that if I have to start a new army,or a freshblood is coming in,we need a leasing for play a 2000 pts game.
    And that, my dear friends, is not smart.
    Just keep in mind Mantic.
    And about hordes,the Size of the Bloothirster is the same of The messiah of legion of everblight.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/10/7/418544_sm-.jpg

10. najo

I'm just stating the fact that GW ended the fantasy world for a reason. It was because sales were low. The reason the sales were low is multitude, recasters, 2nd hand armies, cost of entry to high, war machine/hordes, 3rd party alternatives like mantic. All those things prevent warhammer fantasy from making money for GW.

You can choose what you want to do. But anyone complaining about GW ending the fantasy world and who aren't buying fantasy armies from GW, the reality is those players were contributing to the reason GW had to do it. Not that some of the issues are complex, you can argue that GW priced the game entry to high. But honestly this is a luxury item for a hobby, and armies don't cost more than say a library of video games or a serious comic subscription or equipment for skiing etc. They are all the same realm, and it really comes down to dollars per hour spent of entertainment.

Truthful, if you love something, especially something art related, you find ways to support it. To me, GW is like a band I love or a director whose movies I love. So, I buy the things they make that I love so they can keep making them. The Chinese recasters, Mantic, or any of the third party guys didn't create the Chaos Gods, Nagash, Khemri, the vampire bloodlines, Sigmar, etc. Warhammer was an awesome setting, so I supported it. That simple.

Edit: that hordes mini you linked that you said is the same size as a bloodthirster, costs about 20.00 more than a bloodthirster. So I don't understand how that relates to the greater daemon's pricing?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    Infernal Skull likes this.
  11. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

Sorry to change tacks a bit guys but I've just come across it in the book; so how is Archaon no the 13th ever chosen and not 6th like he should be? I guess this could be GW being truly awful with established fluff or they did it (still ignoring fluff) so people have room to create their own everchosens now that the world has gone.

12. najo

I thought that there was some sort of comment about there being a cycle of everchosen, kinda like Neo in the Matrix. That could be evidence of that. Supposedly someone had read that in either the novel or End Time Archaon book, but I could be remembering it wrong.

13. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

But in all other sources he is the 6th not 13th. Also it comes across as though the slaan death machine is archaons own way of winning rather than the dark gods preferred way. Anyone else think this?

14. Emicrania

Emicrania Wight King

But that is exactly my point, for me (and not only me,looks like) the $ x hr is not a good buy. Which is why the recaster works ONLY with GW models and not hordes or anything else. FW especially,but they are out of their mind anyways.

About that model,the Gargantua is like 4 times a dreadnaught, which is half the size of a Bloodthirsterer. Therefore the Bloodthirsterer is half the size of the Gargantua for 20$ less

15. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

I'm very confused by this topic. I thought that it was supposed to be about background changes, but it seems to be about everything but.

Going back to the original post, that snippet seems pretty much derived from other fantasy settings, notably Lord of the Rings, and doesn't really tell us a great deal. No doubt GW will find some way to justify such a radical overhaul of the background, and chaos permeating all over the Old World, but I think that it's weak and uninspiring. It certainly doesn't make me want to get involved with the game again, on any level.

16. benvoliothefirst

benvoliothefirst Grave Guard

I pretty much loved all of the End Times, and I absolutely ADORED the fact that they made Nagash a level 5 wizard, which was perfectly logical and made sense storywise.

Then they made BALTHASAR GELT ALSO level 5.

WHAT?!? NO.

Dragonet likes this.
  17. Bulwyf

Bulwyf Zombie

I have played Warhammer FB since the late 80's. I absolutely hate that GW has apparently decided to kill off the world and the armies. Does this mean GW has officially cancelled the entire FB universe?

18. Melle

Melle Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers True Blood

One can only hope that GW killed FaceBook...

The Sun King and Count michael like this.
  19. Bulwyf

Bulwyf Zombie

FB = fantasy battles.

20. Melle

Melle Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers True Blood

I know. i was trying to be funny,
    Im sorry my irony didn't shone through
    ;)