1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The Eternal Court of the Carmine Rose

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Shadespyre, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

You can see the start of my Space Marine project in the link below :D

2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

8-9 years! Whoa! Iit gives me some hope that unpainted miniatures can dig themselves even from such a backlog, though ;) No hurry with the surprise, we are patient here - but I WILL remeber about it even 9 years later :D

3. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Woh, those are some old models...ok, RT :D As expected, a strictly executed army theme, really nice. I like how your start develops to the cleaner and more detailed look. I'll try to come up with an overall theme, not sure which though...female death corps, so much for sure.

4. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Shadespyre What a beautiful centrepiece for your army, she's really the icing on a pretty darn awesome cake! Excellent work.

5. Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper Black Knight

Already posted this today but I have to do it again! Very nice work on the Carmine Dragon sir! It looks fantastic and I'm amazed how well it suits your army theme!

6. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Thanks for that, it was one of my inspirations for the theme, after all.

Just popped back to say I'm meaning to take some massed army pics some time soon, but finding time to move everything, set it up etc isn't easy. If there are any particular pictures / groupings that people would like to see, it would be good to post them soon to avoid disappointment, though.

7. Theerteen

Uh, uh, here, uh! Dragon group shot! Uh!

8. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Wow. That dragon looks fantastic. Very nice :thumbsup:

9. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Not quite needing Necromancy to post in this thread yet...

Okay, I know I owe you all some army photos still! I promise this will happen, eventually!

As you know I'm mostly working on Space Marines at the moment. BUT I just received my Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter shipment (days before Reaper Bones 4 KS ends) which includes some Undead models, so those are on my agenda. Chief among those is their new Graveyard set, so I'll try and unpack all of that (there is lots) so I can share pictures with you.

Adam_Barrow and robtion like this.
  10. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

11. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

NEW miniatures!

Some of the Undead I got in my Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter...

[​IMG]

The wraith and Grave Golem (or is it a Grave Elemental?) are from the Graveyard set.

Yes, the big guy needs some roses, but these are already too much of a distraction from my Space Marines... maybe another day.

12. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Nice to see you back!

Sweet christmas, a grave golem! It doesn't fit my theme one bit, but I think I'll have to get it somehow, someday ;) Very good work on them, as always!

13. Theerteen

Thaaat are some cool minis! Nice paintjob, fits them very well!

14. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Thanks, it was nice to take a few hours off from yellow and turquoise to do these. The Grave Golem fits on a 50mm base which matches nothing in my army, really, so I don't know what it counts as, but it's a fun model.

15. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

Those minis are all awesome in their own ways, but I really like the ethereal above the rest. Great work.