1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The Fleshy Flesh Court of Flesh-Eaters (plus other undead!)

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by EternallyUndying, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

The big guys look great - I thought that Mantic had only one model for them and they would look monopose, but you avoided that :) The chestpiece on the champion was a great choice :thumbsup: The armor on the strigoi looks not dirty enough for my own tastes, but it's still painted great - you achieved a really clean effect there, looks very realistic. What did you use for that?

2. Woodsie

Woodsie Zombie

Nice army.... I really like the ghoul king with wings He looks imposing hovering above the ghouls.... great work

3. EternallyUndying

EternallyUndying Black Knight

@Borgnine
    I did a lot of hard work to cut up and reform the mantic guys. I have 10 of them all with custom poses and a few with different heads to mix it up.

The armor is a little bland, I need to do more but not sure what to do. I used a technique which I developed for my Skaven metals;

1. leadebelcher
    2. agrax-earthshade to get it dirty
    3. orange wash to give it rust look (watered down orange color)
    4. Edge highlight with leadbelcher to make the details pop

I think it needs another layer of the orange wash to make it rustier. Because the armor is so detailed its hard to bring out the rustyness. I should paint some of the details different colors (belt buckle, necklace) but I'm not sure what color. I painted the belt brown and the book green but its very subtle. Overall the skin really pops against the metal contrast so I really like the way it came out.

4. EternallyUndying

IMG_3846.JPG
    Working on Neferata

IMG_3824.JPG
    Practice game for LVO in a couple weeks. I have to get all 50 ghouls painted.

5. EternallyUndying

6. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@EternallyUndying Awesome take on Neferata - the (witch elf?) head swap looks great and actually makes her look better IMO.

7. EternallyUndying

Yes, its a witch elf head with a custom bone spire crown. I really don't like her helmet, it hides her face and hair and kind of de-feminizes her.

Her lore from the end times is really, really bad. She shows up after decades of silence only to be nearly killed by a Chimera, fail her quest and then embarrass herself ancient Nehekhara.

Her original lore is amazing. "Nagash the Unbroken" by Mike Lee for example. I was inspired by old artwork of her.

Neferata still looks like the beautiful young woman she was when she ruled Lahmia, though her sunless existence has given her pure white skin, and her eyes have turned yellow. Long black tresses frame an exquisite face that is still capable of inspiring worship, though it is incapable of expressing pity.

8. Borgnine

That headswap was a great idea, really, really looks much better! And she's so well painted too - great job! It makes me consider buying her and that head for something later xD

9. EternallyUndying

Crypt Ghast Courtier and my 500 point escalation list
    IMG_3861.JPG
    IMG_3865.JPG
    IMG_3866.JPG

10. Farmer7574

11. EternallyUndying

Some death goodness
    IMG_3886.JPG IMG_3889.JPG IMG_3890.JPG IMG_3891.JPG IMG_3902.JPG

12. EternallyUndying

13. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

This all looks amazing, especially all those ghouls in that last picture. Good work!

14. Farmer7574

@EternallyUndying Lush looking army, the colours are wicked. Also, only just noticed that you've used Mantic zombie/ghoul heads on your ghouls. They work well.

15. Borgnine

Great shots! A wonderfully painted army on a great scenery :thumbsup: And regarding all those mantic heads - while I'm sitting here running out of GW heads and having a surplus of Mantic ones, we should have made an exchange some time ago xD

16. EternallyUndying

lol, I still have a ton of both. Can never have enough heads!

death1.jpg
    Twin Terrors

infested_tgheist.jpg
    This guy is 4 years old. I managed to refurbish my old (terrible) paint job to make him an "Infested" Terrorgheist

necro1.jpg
    The Book of the Dead

necro2.JPG Still working on my Necromancer, but he is looking very cool so far

17. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Wow, those look great! Nefertiti especially. Nice work!

18. EternallyUndying

IMG_4256.JPG
    My army was one of the few nominated for best painted. Mine was actually the only Death that was nominated. There was so many beautiful armies though, not sure why.

19. EternallyUndying

IMG_4214.JPG
    Need a display board :/

IMG_4215.JPG

20. Farmer7574

EternallyUndying likes this.
  21. Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper Black Knight

Awesome looking Neferata! That head fits her so well!

22. Borgnine

Congratulations on that nomination! That's one good army!

23. Eternal Salvation

Eternal Salvation Ghoul

Great looking ghouls! I think they look boss led by your cool flying Strig conversion and the courtier! I really like your take on the courtier, looks like it could double as a Strig necro.

24. EternallyUndying

Here's some cool shots of my LVO games.

IMG_4074.JPG IMG_4079.JPG IMG_4142.JPG IMG_4156.JPG
    IMG_4157.JPG IMG_4159.JPG IMG_4162.JPG IMG_4164.JPG
    IMG_4190.JPG IMG_4191.JPG IMG_4194.JPG IMG_4199.JPG IMG_4234.JPG

Game 1: (12 year old's) mixed TK list. I think he forgot to do some things and I won a minor victory
    Game 2: Nurgle Blightkings with -1 to hit battalion and the Glottkin. Pushed them around slowly to take all 4 points and get a major
    Game 3: Alarielle and snow Sylvaneth. Down to the wire it was 6-7 objective points so they won a major victory.
    Game 4: Khorne and mixed chaos. Managed to kill more for a minor victory.
    Game 5: Mixed wood elf + sylvaneth. Cool combo with dryad horde and Sisters of the Thorne. I rushed the points and held them hard for a major.
    Game 6: Made it to 13th place only to get blown out by the bad end of a khorne beating stick. Sayl launched 15 Skullreapers with enough buffs to make your head spin, and it was over about as soon as it began. I didn't even have time to get any good pics in.

Finished 25 before soft scores (extra minor victory for best painted nomination), but those final results were never posted by GW.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  25. Borgnine

Cool photos! Those were some great battles for sure! I didn't look so closely earlier, I really like those skeletons! That turquoise. red and bone look great together, especially on that dark background your bases provide :)