1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The games thread - No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'The Mortal's Realm' started by robtion, Aug 15, 2014.

1. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

2. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Until Dawn is awesome. This is a must play for any fan of horror or slasher films or games.

Amazing atmosphere, great story, pacing, and character development, The Order 1886 level graphics, and tense and exciting choices and gameplay.

9/10. If you have access to a PS4 do yourself a favour and play this.

Up next. MGSV and maybe Mad Max.

3. Tawg

Tawg Vampire Count True Blood

You beat the game already?

It seems like it would be fairly cool. It's not by Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Indigo Prophecy), but it looks like it's in the same fashion of games, and I'm a fan of those ones.

4. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Tawg Yep, its about 9 hrs (longer for all collectibles which I haven't got yet). It is very hard to stop playing because the story and mystery is so gripping, so I finished it in 2-3 play sessions.

It's very much like the games you mention. Imagine a teen slasher/horror version of one of those games. However there is more to the story than you might think, I won't spoil anything.

First try I saved 5 of the 8 characters(and a 'bonus' character trying my hardest to save them all. Made a couple of silly choices.

Second playthrough I saved everyone. Great sense of satisfaction and very tense knowing a small slip up could result in disaster, especially toward the end of the game.

5. Tawg

Tawg Vampire Count True Blood

Btw, it has multiplayer, how is that?

6. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Tawg Nope no MP.

Mad Max is here and its surprisingly awesome. Any fan of open world apocalyptic settings should check it out. One of the best games I have played this year along with Bloodborne, Until Dawn, MGSV, and The Witcher 3.

7. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

@robtion
    @najo

Look what's coming

New Weapons, new outfits, new enemies and even more of the Gothic vibe that makes bloodborne so awesome, you can even wield a bow now:happy: . Just what I need some new DLC to get me back into bloodborne just when I thought I had enough of it . Coming Nov 24

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    robtion likes this.
  8. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Count michael Yep, will be awesome. The best game of 2015 is about to get better. Lots of new weapons, maybe an enhanced beast mode(did you notice in the trailer?), new bosses, new attire, new areas.

They have combined the two planned DLC expansions they were planning into one mega-expansion so this should be fantastic.

This expansion is my most anticipated game for the rest of the year along with Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Count michael likes this.
  9. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Just picked up Blood Bowl 2 on PS4. Yet to give it a spin, and it has it's flaws (overpriced, only 8 teams, likely a DLC fest), but looks like!e fun so I will give it a shot. Only played Blood Bowl a couple of times as a kid/teen so don't remember much.

Anyone else giving this a try?

10. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Loving BB2, addictive game. My Wood Elf team rocks, now they just need to add Vamps :konrad:

11. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

My 2015 game of the year and runner ups.

Winner: Bloodborne. :bowdown:

Other great games of 2015: The Witcher 3, Mad Max, Fallout 4, Until Dawn, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Order 1886, Blood Bowl 2.

Most under-rated games of 2015: Mad Max and The Order 1886.

12. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

And I'm sitting here, stuck with Binding of Isaac: Rebirth / Afterbirth, GTA V and Dark Souls 2 Sotfs :D :/ But, in my lack of a new job up from February, this might spare some time xD The Bloodborne DLC looks great, but I still haven't my fingers on a PS4. So, seems it will be Dark Souls 3 in April for me, because there is no bigger purchase to make on hardware ;)

13. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

Bloodborne is a great game, I've spent a lot of time on it over the last couple of weeks.

14. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Theerteen No rush on the PS4 though this year will be a big one. You may need to start saving if you have seen the Horizon: Zero Dawn trailer. Releases late 2016 I believe.

Yes, I am also very much looking forward to Dark Souls 3. Looks awesome. Aesthetically looks like Dark Souls 1 crossed with Bloodborne.

@MasterSpark It is. In total including the DLC I have spent a ridiculous amount of time playing it.

MasterSpark likes this.
  15. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Right so my 5 most anticipated games in no specific order, though none have release dates yet.

1. Vampyr Set in 1918 Post WW1 London during the Spanish Flu epidemic, you play a Vampire Doctor. RPG from the creators of Remember me and Life is Strange. Count me in.

2. Cyberpunk 2077. From CDprojekt Red and the biggest game they have ever made with an awesome looking setting. Can't wait.

3. Detroit: Become Human From Quantic Dream, based on their tech demo Kara which was great. Watch the in engine trailer and try not to be excited.

4. Wild by Michel Ancel, creator of Beyond Good and Evil (one of my favourite games). Again, an awesome looking trailer and huge potential.

5. Nier Automata. Made by Platinum games, character and art design by Akihiko Yoshida. The gameplay trailer looks fantastic. Plus a 2016 release window.

16. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Next on the to play list - Layers of fear. Looks good, exploring a Victorian haunted house with creepy paintings throughout. Will charge up the headphones and give it a try tonight I think.

17. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

I am so looking forward to Nier Automata as I loved the the original Nier it being one my favourite games for its gameplay and simply stunning music in it ( sounds funny but the game music really helped add so much more to the game) The other games look just as good which will mean 2016 should prove a good year for gaming hehe currently waiting on the remake of Zelda twilight princess as well next month as I'm hooked on the Zelda franchise

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  18. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Not long now until Dark Souls 3. Time to say goodbye to sleep again for awhile.

Anyone played Salt and Sanctuary? Looks good. Meant to be an indie side scroller heavily inspired by the Souls games.

19. Theerteen

*WHOOP WHOOP*
    Just ordered more RAM, and still hope to get new mainboard and CPU before April 16 ;)
    DS3 will run on my system though, but I'm in an ongoing upgrade progress and those parts are still missing...

20. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Theerteen I am hearing that it runs well on PC compared to ps4/xb1 so that extra RAM sou ds li!e a good investment.

Along with Dar Souls 3 I'm also so really looking forward to Ratchet and Clank on ps4 this April. A great series overlooked by many due to it's cartoony veneer. Worth checking out if you've not given it a try before. One of the only games my wife will actually sit down and play through.

Theerteen likes this.
  21. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

So Lucien Oldblood is now lvl 27 and has put down a few bosses.

Only around 5hrs in but really enjoying Dark Souls 3, though I must admit the slower pace is an adjustment after so much Bloodborne.

Edit: 2 more bosses down 7.5 hrs in and lvl 37 :konrad:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  22. Theerteen

While I live in poopinternetistan, my download hasn't finished yet. Though I knew DS3 would be hard, this first test puts me on a very high blood pressure limit.

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  23. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

@Theerteen My roommate gets DS3 downloaded, cranks it up, and his graphics card immediately shits out on him. I've never seen him so broken.

Theerteen likes this.
  24. Leithel

Leithel Grave Guard

DS3 is quite good so far, is it just me or is it easier than DS2, which was easier than DS1?

25. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Theerteen Yeah, I feel your pain, my internet is very iffy. That's why I generally still go with hard copies of games if possible. Thats harder on PC though I guess.

@Adam_Barrow Bummer. That can be an expensive problem to fix.

@Leithel Yep I am finding it relatively easy but still challenging enough for my taste. It's really cool but the more I play the more it pales in comparison to Bloodborne. I really feel like that was the next step in evolving the 'Souls' series and so this feels like a small step back(though still great fun).