1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The games thread - No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'The Mortal's Realm' started by robtion, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Ok I love it. In my eyes (and this is only for me, regarding that I didn't make a single ng+ round in 1 and 2) DS3 combines best of the two prequels, and has some Bloodborne spirit as well. I'm not far in the game, because my new job keeps me busy and has some travel time included, but I really enjoy the game. Stuck at that chaos tree thing atm :D

2. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Theerteen Sounds like you got that new RAM. Yes it's an awesome game. The chaos tree thing is so cool, you could probably guess I would like it given the theme of my army. Took me 3 tries to beat it.

Took a small detour to finish Ratchet and Clank on ps4(twice). Great fun, fantastic graphics, and a nice dose of nostalgia for me

Next up. Finish Dark Souls 3 and play Invisible Inc which looks like a cool strategic espionage game

3. Theerteen

@robtion It's here and it's great ;) I am in the cathedral of the abyss right now (not sure if it's the correct name in english), and now I have figured out one thing that kinda disappoints me a little bit. Most of the not-boss-situations, like the cat-spider thing or the giant in the cathedral, or even this fire demon that you fight with the onion-armour-guy, is solvable with a bow without any risk. They just can't reach you, and even with a low skilled range ability you can kill them even regarding the arrow limit. That's not the demanding fights I was looking for :/

4. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Theerteen Yes, it is great! Hmm, might try a bow or magic build next as I am going pure melee Knight my first play. Haven't had any real trouble so far though.

5. Leithel

Leithel Grave Guard

Yeah I've loving it so far. Not as good as the first one, you only get that experience once, but great none the less. I'm really disappointed that the small white soapstone is gone, that was my favorite way to help people in the past and how I finished DS2 without resting at a bonfire.

6. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Leithel Was Dark Souls 1 your first souls? I think a person's first Souls game will probably always have a big impact. I played Demons Souls which I imported from America back on release before Souls became a thing. It was pretty revolutionary at the time. Still, Bloodborne is easily my favourite of the series by a long margin.

In other Souls news, if anyone owns a PS4 definitely check out the Nioh demo. It's only playable until 5th of May I believe. It is basically a Souls clone set in a mythological Japanese setting. Imagine Souls meets Onimusha. Seem very promising from what I've played.

7. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Right. Having played the Nioh demo extensively now I feel obliged to highly recommend anyone with a ps4 download and play it asap! It is amazing! Any Souls fan will love it.

Best demo I have played in years (you can easily sink 20+ hrs into it). Unfortunately it's only available to play until 5th of May 2016. If you can, do it ;)

8. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

My roommate was showing me nioh yesterday. He's Hella excited for it too, but he's bummed it's ps4 exclusive.

(I don't play many videogames that don't tell me to Catch 'Em All, but this is the only thread where rob and 13 are talking much, and I miss you guys lol)

9. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Adam_Barrow Yeah, seems the good old days are behind us. With what has happened to Warhammer with the whole Age of Sigmar thing I feel like things are in a slow but steady decline unfortunately. Hopefully that's just me though. Feel free to join us over at the Turning the World to Darkness' challenges though ;)

10. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

So finished Uncharted 4. Mild spoilers.

Slow to start for the first 5 hours or so but once you leave Scotland things ramp up. The pirate islands that make up the last 1/2 of the game are awesome. Also contains easily one of the best sequence I have ever played in a game (a chase sequence in Madagascar). Graphics are great but not as far ahead of everything else as Uncharted 2 was when it released.

Now playing Overwatch, which is not my usual type of game as I don't do MP or online usually. Great game though with really cool characters and art design. Just a shame it uses a free to play model for a full price game but it's the age we live in I guess.

11. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Anyone with a PS4 or capable PC should seriously consider checking out No Man's Sky. The scale is mind boggling and the sense of discovery is great. Really enjoying it.

12. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

Yeah it's quite a change of pace from what I am used to, I can easily spend hours just exploring stuff it's especially fun when you are on planets that are rich in rare resources but the sentinel are so hostile that they attack you on sight or send whole waves after you if you take the resources. Usually I just keep exploring planets until I get enough resources to refill my hyper drive tovgovtovthe next system, though I have realised after getting lost in a planets massive tunnel system that if you the plasma launcher you can tunnel your way through any environment if you get bored

13. Theerteen

Anyone here into Rocket League?