1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The Golden Bat Competition 2014

Discussion in 'Grave News' started by Disciple of Nagash, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Duke Danse Macabre

Duke Danse Macabre The Duke Staff Member True Blood

I have one for every entry in the works.
    1 painted, 1 part painted, 1 part converted, one just needs another to add to the unit conversion.

Personally I think allot of people will be the sane and have a mad rush.

2. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Yep I plan to enter in at least 3 of the four categories but won't have time to get my entries done until later in the month. I am sure there are plenty on their way, really looking forward to seeing them all.

3. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

Me too. I was so worried that my conversion wouldn't stack up with everyone else, but as of now, I am the only one entered. :( I would really like to see everyone else's models.

4. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

I'm wondering if some of my models would suitable to enter into the converting category. Who can I ask to see with them if they can be entered or not? I personally don't feel like they'd be eligible, but don't hurt to ask!

5. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

You should definitely enter in all categories (master tier of course). I PM'd DoN. Basically they just need to be completely paint free and have been done in the past 2 years.

6. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Yeah I'd want to enter in all categories, but I fear that I don't have a suitable model for the Vampire conversion category. I made some tweak on some models but I don't think that's enough for them to qualify. So I'll PM DoN to see what he say about it.

7. Zhatan

Zhatan Necromancer

Nice to see some more entries now. Might be a competition yet!

8. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Zhatan I'm sure there are more to come, i will enter a couple more, how about you?

9. Zhatan

Zhatan Necromancer

@robtion
    Im in Thailand now so that one entry is all I will manage unfortunately

10. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Zhatan Lucky you! I know which I would choose between entering the GB and a trip to Thailand. Have a curry for me (red of course) :konrad:

11. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

I've entered my Nurgle Sorcerer in the open converting category, I would enter more but I actually haven't got a single vampire count model assembled o_o only my nurgle army

12. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Count michael Your conversion is great. Lucky for you there is still time to get something converted and/or painted and entered. What better motivation than this to get started on your VC models. You have to start somewhere right ;)

13. Duke Danse Macabre

Well I still only have 1 finished, planning to enter them all though.
    I can't just sit on my Laurel's you know. ;)

14. Duke Danse Macabre

Just over 12 hours left for entrees.

15. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Yep, a few more hours until entry finishes! If you haven't yet posted your entry you had better get cracking! Entry will close at at midnight BST today.

16. Duke Danse Macabre

All entrees are now closed and threads locked, best of luck to everyone who has entered.

17. Disciple of Nagash

Setting up all threads correctly for voting is taking a lot longer than expected. Voting will open tomorrow 02 August 2014

18. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Yay voting:happy: Ahem...I mean, good show old chap, carry on.

19. Disciple of Nagash

20. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Kinda sad to see that my entry for open converting was refused because a little part had some primer on it (from before being converted, so didn't hide any work done), while I see one entry that have painted parts used (basically the same thing) and was apparently just fine :(

Also still scratching my head as to why Jediguru entry in the open painting apprentice category wasn't moved up, I mean that thing is more than ace and leaving it in apprentice make it an assured win for him!

Otherwise I want to say good job to all the admins and mods for running that, lots of great models to see and voting is hard!

21. Disciple of Nagash

Which model had painted parts?

In regards to the tiers, it is very hard to judge but a number of opinions were taken into account, and we felt the placements we ended up with were fair. We can only try our best xD

22. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

I know you guys made your best :) Just that that model to me seemed way too great and that it would not stay in the apprentice category the moment I saw it. Very well done with some source lightning to boot!

For the painted part, Bigbadbat K'daii in the open conversion master have them. The photo lack zoom, but we clearly see the Sphinx parts used, with the stone and gold colors. The arms are obvious in the first photo, and from the side we see the whole sphinx was painted (even the Necrosphinx torso that we can spot from under the bits).

23. Disciple of Nagash

I've just had a look and I am so sorry, I am not sure how I missed that the first time around.

I think from this competition I am going to amend the rules in the future so individual components can be undercoated, as long as the model as a whole is not (so you can see the converting). In addition, to apologise for this mistake I'd like to offer you to enter your model next year, in addition to any other entries you may wish to make (so you could possibly have two entries in the conversion master category).

24. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Oh a free pass for next year, that works for me :tongue: Provided I remember about it in one year time :lol:

25. Disciple of Nagash

Oh don't worry, there'll be plenty of reminders being sent xD