• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Better late than never!

Finally, I am pleased to announce the release of the Invocation Issue #3.

It has been a struggle at times, but all worth it in the end. In this issue:

• Release of the Bloodline Armies Beta Version - with a chance to win £40 worth of models
  • Artefacts of Death Part 2 & Creating Tournament Lists
  • How to Paint Vampires, How to Blend, and How to Sculpt
  • The Origins of the Vampires, and the continuation of the Children of Maat
  • And much more as well!!

You can download at the following link (Right click, Save Link / Target as.... though it is only just under 10MB big!)

I hope you enjoy and please leave feedback

Randroid

Zombie
May 30, 2008
Austin, TX
Most exciting! Glad to see the switch to Landscape and congrats on the publication of the Bloodlines beta!

My favorite bit was the ad for The Bellower :vampire3:

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Thank you!..........though of course it would have been better if you had liked one of the articles better! xD

Johnny B

Grave Guard
Sep 21, 2009
London
Worked on the third try xD

Came out nicely in the end, the landscape format is definitely better. I would recommend some outer glow on the text on some pages, as its hard to read in places, but thats minor stuff. The army galleries are particularly nice.

januarydorn

Zombie
Dec 3, 2009
This issue is fantastic! I thought the whole thing was great and found the sections 'Artefacts of Death Part 2' and 'Creating Tournament Lists' especially useful. As someone new to both fantasy and Vampire Counts, The Invocation is proving to be a great resource. Keep it up!

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I also think it looks great, although I've now found several typos and other slight errors that are way below my usual level of proof reading. o.o

Ah well, I do have a past couple of unpleasant weeks to shift the blame over to. :)

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
Good to finally have that out of the way (even though DoN did at least twice as much as everyone else combined).

It looks great I must say. I haven't had time to read through it all, but from what I've had a look at this far this is going to be an even better experience than the last two issues.

Randroid

Zombie
May 30, 2008
Austin, TX
Disciple of Nagash said:
Thank you!..........though of course it would have been better if you had liked one of the articles better! xD

The whole issue was quite good. I know the team ran into some troubles but aside from a few typos/mistakes the presentation is pretty solid.

I liked the army showcase and other model pics - gave me good inspiration for my own VC force. I am also interested in trying out the Bloodlines stuff although I worry about the balance.

For example - You can make an ASF(I9) NightShroud FrostBlade Vampire with 5 attacks base.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
Man guys I'm proud of you all. That you can come up with this in a few months time with 120+ pages of sheer awesomeness. Even if the Invo appears quarterly, it sure as hell beats 1 year of WDs each time. Maybe even more!

This sure belongs to the guide to CN about learning the ways of the undead. :)

The living should not see this unholy tome!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I am glad everyone seems to have enjoyed this issue - it certainly seems to have better even more of a success than our first two issues.

We are already working on improvements for the next issue, however something I failed to mention in the e-zine itself, is that if you want to write an article feel free to contact us.

If anyone would like to do a big battle report using the Bloodline Army rules (it would have to include army lists and pics), I guarantee to put it in the next issue.

Randroid - You could do that, however you would be paying through the nose for a hard hitting but very fragile vampire with no ward save. However that is why we trying to get people to playtest, to see what works and what doesn't.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Disciple of Nagash said:
I am glad everyone seems to have enjoyed this issue - it certainly seems to have better even more of a success than our first two issues.

We are already working on improvements for the next issue, however something I failed to mention in the e-zine itself, is that if you want to write an article feel free to contact us.

Very nice from what I've read thus far. Its a nice small file size. reads well, the format is great.

If anyone would like to do a big battle report using the Bloodline Army rules (it would have to include army lists and pics), I guarantee to put it in the next issue.

Hmm... I might be willing take you up on that! Assuming that you want two fully (or nearly fully) painted armies... I might have to get a friend to play one of my other armies :D Also, depends on whether or not I get some renos done in my basement (there's a wall in the way of where my game table is suppose to go)

Sirihar

Crypt Horror
Aug 16, 2007
Brink Of Insanity
I must say, very well done.

I particularly enjoyed the Army Showcase and the Cannibal Hordes Of The Strigoi.

And you have me intrigued now DoN. Zombie Shop?

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
Very Nice, a good read. I enjoyed the Blending, Greenstuffing and painting articals, very helpful exaccally the areas i'm trying to get better at.

Took me a couple of min to find the link :redface: followed by a large Homer Simpson style Doh! when i found it.

Willmark

Zombie
Feb 22, 2009
The Dark Side of the Force
Just got through it, much like Issue #2 a great improvement, the look at feel its getting better all the time.

The one thing is my same criticism of #2 is that some of the articles run too long in particular. There is nothing wrong with a long ezine, but when the articles are too long the reader tends to get disinterested. The best example of this in this issue is the Children of Maat. Interesting but too much for a single issue.

Also chaos star add has some weird boxes going on in the layout, I know there isn't any on the Ad.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Yeah I am aware of the Chaos ad boxes, that will be fixed in the next issue. It's an interesting point about the Children of Maat, as most people seem to like the extended length. Rather than it just being a one of short story, it's actually a proper novel, as and as with any good novel some find it hard to put down.

As for the other articles, it will be something I will keep in eye on.

Willmark

Zombie
Feb 22, 2009
The Dark Side of the Force
Couple of other things I noticed: the gray box around the Invocation on page 122, was that supposed to be there and the page number on 122 being white on a predominant transparent/gray background.

Pg 123, Not being a VC player whose art is that GWs? or did a "forumite" do that? Looks very good.

Army Showcase army is a very awesome army kudos there and well presented.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
All the art in the Invocation comes from forum members, of which I am very proud. We have some superb artists, and I have been promised more pieces for the next issue.

The Invocation logo and colour of the pages numbers was left that way as we were behind on schedule, it will be fixed for future issues.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

artisturn

Grave Guard
Jun 30, 2009
glad too see issue number three come out,
When I started to download the issue it happened that Bloodrock's DOA song began to play on my FLV player song list appropriate creepy music for a journal about vampires.:vampire2:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu