1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The Newly Dead in Pitch Battles

Discussion in 'Ethereal Edicts' started by Necris Est, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Necris Est

Necris Est Zombie

Those of you who like to get the biggest bang for your buck from our necrotic minions know that Zombies have a great level of synergy in Age of Sigmar. I have a quick question to make sure I’m utilising their ‘The Newly Dead’ Ability correctly which goes like this… *dramatically clears throat*

If I wanted to use ‘The Newly Dead’ Ability during a Pitched Battle would I have to pay the necessary 60pts from my Reinforcement Points for each Zombie or for every 1-10 Zombies that can be raised after the Zombie unit’s Combat Phase?

In my opinion the later point would be the most agreeable answer to my conundrum, however I always appreciate any insight the CN community can throw my way.

2. Kallypso

Kallypso Zombie

you don't have to pay points for those zombies, you use summoning points only for spells and abilities that create new units

3. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

Indeed. Bear in mind that these new Zombie models can never exceed the unit's "regular" size (I'm not going to say "starting" size, since zombies can join other zombies combined in a new larger unit...)

Pitched Battles state that:

All models that add to an existing unit are "free", but they can never exceed the unit's "paid for" size.

4. Necris Est

Necris Est Zombie

Thanks for your input Kallypso and Demain!

I’ll have to underline that section of the Pitched battles rules in my General’s Handbook as it has been a topic of debate with my local AoS players.