1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The Undeadish

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by ZeroTwentythree, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ZeroTwentythree

ZeroTwentythree Skeleton

2. ZeroTwentythree

ZeroTwentythree Skeleton

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the tower
    Mo' was reciting incantations of power;
    The corpses were waiting, at the end of the stair,
    In hopes that Dellamorte soon would be there...

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas!

3. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Is that an undead owlbear? Awesome! Did you sculpt him or is someone producing them? The necromancer with those black skeletons looks awesome as hell too! That green orb is great, looks terrific with that red robe :)

4. ZeroTwentythree

ZeroTwentythree Skeleton

Thanks! The owlbear is a repaint of a plastic pre-painted D&D or Pathfinder mini I got off eBay.

5. ZeroTwentythree

ZeroTwentythree Skeleton

One last mini for Deadcember...

[​IMG]

Skeletal dragon from Reaper. Small -- that's a 50mm square base.

6. ZeroTwentythree

ZeroTwentythree Skeleton

7. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Great job during that month - you managed to churn out as much as some people manage in a year! xD That (relatively) small dragon is cute too, could be used as a pet for some dark lord ;)

8. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

That owlbear has me thinking that I should upgrade my long held dream of painting all my favourite AD&D monsters to include an undead version of each, too... :zombie1:

Because I don't have enough projects already, of course :slapface:

9. ZeroTwentythree

ZeroTwentythree Skeleton

OMG, that would be awesome! Get to work! ;)

10. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Reaper Bones are slowly making this more affordable, though they are yet to include a solution to the time aspect of the problem...

11. ZeroTwentythree

ZeroTwentythree Skeleton

Suggestion for the next Bones KS: a reward level that includes an certain time alllotment for a painting servant. (Or maybe a doppleganger to cover at work while you stay home and paint?)

FWIW, I didn't go too heavy on the lastest Bones KS, but one thing I did get was the skeletal monsters set (of course.) I still haven't made ip my mind whether I want to throw more money at them for the Styx river barge or whatever it's called.

12. ZeroTwentythree

ZeroTwentythree Skeleton

I just looked up my Bones 4 pledge, and it appears I'm only in for the skeletal mosters, wraiths, and zombie dragon. I liked some other individual minis, but didn't want the giant package deals just to get 2 or 3 minis.

I took a look at KS again and I think I just mentally talked myself into the Stygian Barge. A shame there's such a long lead time on this KS, though.

13. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

I think I ignored the core deal - I ended up selling most of the last one on - and went for a huge pile of the fun stuff - I have to have ALL the dragons, as you know. But I hope to do mini-tribes of AD&D Giants using Bones, as I like the sculpts they have done so far.