1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

The_dead_will_lounge

Discussion in 'The Mortal's Realm' started by Caller_of_corpses, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

Figured I'd open a thread for pointless chit-chat, so here it is. I'm making the thread for cheap small talk, gossip, awful puns, and discussions on other armies.
    Minor disclaimer. May feature language and concepts that are offensive.
    Of you're 16 or older you should be fine. Happy necromancing, and enjoy.:konrad:

Menkeroth likes this.
  2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

Welcome aboard, @Caller_of_corpses ! Idle talk, y'say. So I started reading a book just so I could borrow it from (re: have an excuse to talk to) this girl recently. Turns out I'm enjoying it. Turns out she's got a man. Damnation. Can't win em all, Mr. Barrow.

Dragonet likes this.
  3. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

Ah, friend of mine just got friend zone

Dragonet likes this.
  4. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

Still, I'm sure your luck will turn up

5. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

FYI, THE THREAD MAY FALL VICTIM TO MY MOPEY EVENING SELF. IF THIS happens to me, it is because the resident necromancer is having me pull the corpse cart again and incessant cackling makes me unhappy.

6. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

Mine does that; on the plus side she's got a talent for bringing bones back to life...

7. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

I guess, it's normal. What does time mean to us? Just some numbers on the watches! As for me, I've discovered I speak English with German accent, which, considering I speak German very much and often and mostly Rheinisch and not Hoch Deutsch and it's not my mother tongue, makes me think if Vlad felt the same coming from Nehekhara and learning to speak Reikspiel? Strange.

Dragonet likes this.
  8. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

Hmm, maybe. So who's got some drama?

9. Menkeroth

It depends on what can be considered a drama, but my friend works as a policeman and was quite unhappy yesterday because our laws are too mild, and the police has practically no possibilities to enforce them. After some arrogant kid with an expensive car broke the road traffic rules and got no punishment, he was very-very unhappy. Is is not the same the Tomb Kings players feel with their whole model range put to the sword?

10. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

Yeah.....the tomb kings thing pissed me off....................

11. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

They didn't have to cut it. I mean it's so duuuumb soooooo duuumb

12. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

I felt the same about 8th Edition; I guess they only have limited capacity for producing stock or they need faster turnaround? I don't see why they can't just print to order on some stuff, maybe like the old mail order system?

13. Menkeroth

In fact they had no choice, it seems to me, because a completely new world needs everything new. Maybe it's better than the slow death, that could have been instead.

Dragonet likes this.
  14. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

Meh, I see your point, but this is plenty slow enough for me... Come on Old Yeller, come out back, one last time...

Menkeroth likes this.
  15. Menkeroth

Don't worry, it will never truly die as long as our miniatures live and our books stay intact. More strange to me seems the fact they made the new world out of the ashes of the old one, but now they are cutting everything old.

Dragonet likes this.
  16. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

True. What I hate more, is the fact that they've recently cut almost ALL ORDER MODELS!! I'm bitter.i mean they're cutting everything and I hate it. I know it had to happen. But I f***ing hate it.:mad2:

Menkeroth likes this.
  17. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

And moreover, what am I gonna do for brettonia?! And I never even had a chance to get into end times or storm of magic! Mainly because I didn't really understand regular 8th ed, but still,,that's besides the point!

18. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

Other than that, how was everyone's zombie Jesus day?

19. Menkeroth

Do you mean Fronleichnam? Not that much. Zombies are not that the true lord of the night would wish!

20. Menkeroth

What a day! Everything was quite fine (apart from the fact I had to go), but in the end... My Bierglass of 200 ml (standard Kölsch) is cracked and had to be removed, my Dark Angels cup is damaged beyond repair, and I forgot my ear pieces in the hotel. In the name of Tzeentch! But still, a box of the Grave Guard and all yet three Grand Alliance books - not that bad! Not to mention a truly perfect Bierglass (a classic Bavarian one!) for the grandfather of my friend (he requested as a gift to him and I couldn't refuse - what not to do for the old friend?) and the dark elves fleetmaster for my ex. Quite a nice selection.

Dragonet likes this.
  21. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

Any ideas for orcs? Or any army to fight the lizards???? I'm up against lustria in a campaign of mine. I need some help in advice on the best army to bring them down with.

22. Menkeroth

It's hard, you know, much depends on different factors, but personally I'd go with black orcs, forest goblins, maybe night ones as well and... well, that's basically it :)

23. Menkeroth

The command group of my first grave guards. I find this box really amazing.

Attached Files:

Borgnine likes this.
  24. Caller_of_corpses

Caller_of_corpses Zombie

Nicely done! I'd love to see when they're painted.

25. Menkeroth

Thanks! I still think what scheme to choose, but anyway, they are not that hard to paint. But modeling wise they are a pain when assembling with two-handed swords :(