1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Those nasty little fat guys again.

Discussion in 'The Teachings of Abhorash' started by Luppy, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Luppy

Luppy Zombie

Hi, i'm quite fresh VC player (played about 8 battles which is to little with our army learning curve) and most of them (actually a half) i was facing dwarfs, since my best friend who involved me to Warhammer collects them. So I just wanted to ask about some basic tactics against this army, cause i managed to won with him only once and it was because he went for 'running dwarfs'. So, how should i play against his gunline in 1500-2000pts. battle ???

2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

The best thing for taylored lists against Dwarves is to deny him cannon targets. Take a wholey infantry list, Invocation back your casualties from the first two turns, and then grind him out from mid game on. His troops stay dead, ours come back for a second helping.

3. Luppy

Luppy Zombie

Hm... never tried this thanks :D ... And is there anything I can do with their dispell? You know, Valaya and stuff, it's quite hard to overcome :/

4. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

First off you need to bring Lore of Death level 4 so you can rely on getting Purple Sun... then you just chuck 6 dice at it every time you can (and the dwarves are within range). Stunties DO NOT like Purple Sun :D

5. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Vargheist are also really good at taking out artillery.