1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tomb-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Total war: Warhammer Vampire Counts trailer released!

Discussion in 'The Mortal's Realm' started by spineyrequiem, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Malisteen

Malisteen Vampire Count True Blood

Zephyr likes this.
  2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

3. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

Another DLC has been announced, the Brayherds of the Beastmen have stepped up to punish the trespassers and claim back the forests they even are meant to have a story campaign as well

So sad my laptop can handle it as I badly need to update it or buy a proper gaming one but can't afford it :'(

4. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Meh beastmen are okay I guess but I want Bretonnia to be made a proper force. Tomb Kings would be nice too of course.

5. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

Brought myself a new gaming laptop just so I could play this and Quite loving it a lot. Bit disappointed their wasn't more customisation with your army and the special character has to be be your warlord but usually overcome this by renaming a generic lord and have them off conquering whilst the named character lounges around in some defended base

Oppenheimer there is a few mods available to play all the other factions including Bretonnia (tomb kings are not yet available:()

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Oppenheimer likes this.
  6. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

New legendary lord, corpse cart, mortis engine and a strigoi ghoul king - it's all pretty ballin' :)

Count michael and Oppenheimer like this.
  7. Irisado

Irisado Crypt Horror

Very impressive units on show there for both Empire and Vampire Counts. I have to say that the Mortis Engine looked superb though.

8. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

I do love Vlad.

9. Irisado

Irisado Crypt Horror

This is a compelling battle. For the full context, you'd need to watch the previous video, but you'll probably get the jist of what has been happening if you only want to watch this one. It's a bit out of date now, however, it was so much fun to watch I wanted to share it anyway.

10. Aranei

Aranei Ghoul

Finished my camaign on normal difficulty in july. The Grim and the Grave was a good excuse to re-play on a higher diff. Overall the game fells mediocre, with little "WOW" content, but without anything really bad as well. One of my personal dislikes was the economy system, everybody use gold, it is just renamed for some factions (dark magic for VC, favor for WOC). This is boring, and sometimes silly, when dwarves send you a gift of 1000 dark magic (or deamand a dark magic tribute!).
    However, units are interesting and variable (I enjoyed finding counter-units for enemy units, like Vargheists vs Pistoleers), spells more or less work (the Purple sun felt lackluster, howerver), and sieged are entertaining.
    Going to try Helman Ghorst this time (my previous lord was Kemmler).
    Have you noticed that that Ghorst and named units (the Direpack, the Tithe, Koningstein stalkers, etc.) come from the SIgmar's blood campaign, which was a prologue to End Times - Nagash more or less? Who knows, maybe we will see an EoT expansion at some point!
    Have you also noticed that watever faction you choose for single-player, a blind old man with a pet crow goins you as a councillor, even if you play Geenskinz? :)

11. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

I finally got a proper gaming rig, so this was the first game I installed on it. I started a with Empire first - a throwaway game to learn the mechanics. I played Medieval 2 a lot, but here I'm having endless problems with money and public order. And there are so many factions that keep getting allianced to each other, that makes expansion more difficult. But I guess I'll get the hang of it in time.
    Seeing all the things seen on the tabletop in the game is awesome, we need only a bit more customization as @Count michael said and more big factions maybe. On the one hand I hope to really get in the game once I get to know it all, but on the other hand, I still need time to paint real minis though! ;)

12. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Isabella was just released. She's fancy and I love her :)

13. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Ghoul

First thing, I've found with Vamps is build a Tarnished gold shaft.. Playing as Grimgor at the moment, Nearly all the Badlands are mine now, have to move on the Border princes and then head North or West, anyone have an idea which direction is better?

14. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Chaos can cause major problems up north. They usually plowed through Kislev and the Empire. When they are done they are very high level. I would go north and deal with them sooner rather than later.

15. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Grave Guard

It appears that Lustria will be the setting of TW 2...

Arch's latest video

this should logcally means also Dark Elves, Skaven and Vampire Counts.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  16. Irisado

Irisado Crypt Horror

I really like the fact that they have added Isabella Von Carstein to diversify the Vampire faction beyond Mannfred and Kemmler. I'm not so struck on Vlad, but I understand why they have included him. It's good to see that they're still expanding this game. I just hope that I get to play it one day.

17. Unas the slayer

In the meantime, on TotalWar, the set-up is almost ready for Skaven's arrival...

a ritual has begun

18. Unas the slayer