1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC - Chapter 51 - Aftermath

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council' started by Simon von Carstein, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon von Carstein

Simon von Carstein The Poetic Fiend True Blood TVC II GM

The three vampires strode through Drakenhof side by side. Living servants and vampire thralls stepping aside to let them pass. The three paused by the door leading to the Count's quarters.

Simon turned to glance at Mircea, Mircea stared at Karl and Karl seemed to grin at Simon. Each of them monsters in their own way, Each of them a warlord of thousands. Now only kept in check by the will of their master.

Simon opened the door and the three entered to be met by Nar-Zuul.

"Has he said anything?" Simon asked. Nar-Zuul shook his head. "No young master. The old master just keeps feeding. He's on his seventh one now........"

Nar-Zuul broke off as a faint cry echoed through the room. "As I was saying he's on his eighth one now." Nar-Zuul finished.

"Then I suggest we check on him." said Simon "We've got to bring him date with everything thats happened in the last five hundred years before the council come here looking for us."

2. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Karl nodded.

"Yes the Count must be informed of the Council especially if he is to deal with them." the Baron said, not bothering to explain what he meant by deal.

Karl was wearing a faint smile, he hadn't be able to rid himself of it since his father's return, it would be nice to battle alongside him once more.

"I think the most important information to give him first should be what happened directly after his death including, or perhaps especially, Isabella's fate, we should then explain about Konrad and Mannfred...we can't have the Count not knowing about his own land."

The Baron shook his head.
    "It's going to be a long night."

Akarin stood in the corner of the room, completely cloaked so that not even Vlad could see him.

The Assassin had quietly kept close the the Count, he refused to leave his master's prescence and had yet to recieve any instructions to the opposite.

So he merely waited.

3. Knightofni

Knightofni Varghulf True Blood

Saul approached the door to the Count's chambers with a little trepidation; Drakenhof Castle was in his opinion a disgusting place where creeping shadows seemed to be possessed of a life of their own, and there was a noticeable taste of death and decay in the air.. an atmosphere which wasn't doing any good for Saul's nerves.

He paused for a moment before knocking quietly on the open door; with things as delicate as they were he thought it best not to be as impolite as usual. He tried his best to look sombre and serious.

"Sorry to intrude, My Lords, but it seems that I am in need of some assistance" His voice was low and sincere; He drew back the hood that covered his face and gestured to the ruined side of it, "This is beyond my skill to heal, but if this is.. shall we say.. a bad time, then I'll leave you to whatever it is that your doing."

4. Simon von Carstein

"A long night indeed uncle." said Simon. They were moving forward towards the next room when Saul entered behind them.

"Saul this is hardly the time to be whining about your injuries!" snarled Simon "Leave us."

5. Get of W'soran

Karl glanced back at Saul.

"Ademus is residing in the Library, if you find him he'll beable to provide the nessecary Necromantic assistance." the Baron said softly.

Turning away again he sighed.
    "Now I advise you to follow Lord Simon's wishes."

6. Knightofni

"As my unusually 'diplomatic' Lord commands."

The sarcasm was back in Saul's voice as he turned and left the room. Besides, he'd hardly call it 'whining' considering that he had fought and almost died just so that Simon could feel like he'd actually achieved something.. arrogant sh*t. It seemed to Saul that the disdain that the rest of the Council held for Simon was more than justified, still; he was the man with the plan and it suited Saul just fine to be on this side for a while longer.

All he had to do now was find the library..

7. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

"I found you!" Requarah's voice suddenly sounded down the corridor, "Drakenhof isn't the friendliest or easiest place to navigate when you don't have Carstein blood." As Saul turned round, he saw the smiling face of the Lahmian as she ran quickly walked towards him,

"Mum sent me to find you. I told of your battle, and she had an idea that the rest of your....family would be too busy. Seems she was right. If you come with me she can fix that for you, and probably much better than any of those could have done anyway."

8. Knightofni

If Saul's heart was still beating then he would have had a heart-attack; for the second time in barely a few hours Requarah had turned up out of absolutely nowhere and scared the bejeesus out of him. This whole place was turning out to be more trouble than it was worth. He echoed her sentiments about Drakenhof though.

"This place is unfriendly full-stop, and yes, my esteemed 'family' is busy entertaining themselves."

Lahmian or von Carstein, it made no difference to him who sorted his face out.. he trusted them equally as little.

"I would be most appreciative of the help, so you can lead on..." He paused for a moment, "But do me a favour and stop creeping up on me... you'll give me a heart-attack."

9. Simon von Carstein

The three Vampires and Wraith observed the drained corpses scattered around the room. Simon noticed that they had been drained quickly. "Hardly surprising." he thought to himself "Vlad hadn't eaten in over five hundred years. Not to mention that regenerating his entire body in a matter of minutes would have taken a lot out anyone." He decided.

Looking around he finally noticed Vlad now fully clothed standing by the window looking out into the courtyard. "This place is Drakenhof and yet it looks different to how I remember it. The Ravens are not here in the numbers that they should be."

"Your successors remodelled the castle somewhat and drove the Ravens away Grandfather." said Simon stepping forward slightly.

Vlad didn't turn around "I know that voice." he said "There is only one who ever referred to me in those terms. A young and arrogant one." he turned around and looked Simon dead in the eye. "Simon the court poet. My countess's favourite get. You've changed! The last time I saw you. You were just a thrall leading a regiment. But now look at you! You've been keeping up with your studies. All grown up."

He looked past Simon to Mircea "and young Meyerling another of my countess's children." he continued "Though you looked happier then. Still a military man?" before Mircea could reply Vlad answered for him. "Of course you are I can smell the blood on you. None of it yours. Though there is something different about you."

He then looked over to Karl "Baron." he said acknowledging him with a nod. “and how is the barony of Teufhof?”

10. Get of W'soran

Karl accepted the nod and give one in return.
    "My land survives my lord and indeed has flourished for the cattle and undead alike which is more than I can say for most of Sylvania." Karl said with a faint smile.

"Neither of my Brothers Konrad or Mannfred ever had a way with the Economical management with this land." he noted.

Karl tapped his Cane of the ground a few times before continuing.
    "The Family has suffered as has our territory. Perhaps a change in fortunes is about ready." he murmered.

Akarin noticed the Baron, Marshal and Poet enter the room and speak with Vlad, Akarin uncloaked himself allowing the others to sense his presence.

He however remained silent, it was not his place to speak unless his master requested it.

11. Disciple of Nagash

"Creep up on you?" Requarah replied with a puzzled look over her fine features, before she laughed, "oh yes. I always forget the other bloodlines are so much slower. I didn't mean to scare you."

A few twists and turn in the maddening castle, backtracking after reaching a dead end, and they finally arrived at the room that at been allocated to Lesa. Opening the door it revealing a gracious if outdated room. The furniture inside was centuries old, but had obviously recently been renovated. Lesa was sat at wooden dressing table, peering into a tarnished mirror what seemed to be much amusement.

Catching sight of Requarah and Saul she turned, greeting them with a tired smile,
    "Well it appears my guess was right," she sighed, " come in and sit down. I had hoped that I was wrong and that you would have booked taken care of Saul, with with Vashanesh resurrected you and everything else will have been pushed to one side." As Saul sat down Lesa looked at the ruined side of his face, clicking her tongue is disapproval. The inspection seemed to go on forever before the Mistress finally stepped back,

"Yes, well it was probably better you came to me anyway. The damage you have suffered is quite extensive, and if you had left it to one of the Count's pet necromancers you have have probably spent eternity disfigured." Closing her eyes she appeared to calm herself, before slowly starting to chant in ancient Nehekharan. Slowly Saul began to feel tingling on the ruined part of his face and a satisfied look crossed Lesa's face as she opened here eyes.

"It's going to take some time to fully regenerate, to ensure your face is as it was beforehand. I am surprised though. How is it you have so little knowledge of healing. Normally it is the first thing a sire teaches their get."

12. Knightofni

Saul felt the side of his face for a moment, grateful to have it back... it had been rather drafty having a hole in the side of his head. His mouth formed a sardonic smile at Lesa's question, a smile devoid of any humour but much bitterness.

"Perhaps a Sire would teach his Gets of such things, if he viewed them as his children or indeed cared about them at all. But not so for my Sire, I am loathe to call him 'father' because he was never capable of such affection; Compassion is an emotion that my Sire is incapable of feeling, it was driven from his soul many years before he found me..."

Saul paused for a moment and a shadow fell across his features, for once the humour had drained from his eyes and in its place was grief and resentment.

"I am the youngest of his four Gets and for a time we all lived as a family, albeit with a Sire devoid of any genuine affection for any of us. Eventually my Sire's malice and his need for power consumed him totally and he drove us all apart; now I am the last of his children; a brother is dead by my hand, a sister dead by his own, and the other was too slow and too stupid to avoid the Witch Hunters..."

Saul leaned back in his chair, the bitter grin returning to his face.

"And so I hunt him, in the hope that when I find him and kill him I may find some measure of atonement for the sins I have committed in his name.. numerous as they are."

13. Simon von Carstein

"Yes I understand there have some changes." replied Vlad to Karl. He raised a hand to his head. "The last thing I remember was Altdorf. Victory was to be mine but something happened and I got sloppy. What happened?"

Simon stepped forward "A lot happened on that fateful day grandfather no one knows the full extent of what happened. I myself can only tell you what I saw then. Perhaps the others could fill in the blanks." he said gesturing to Karl and Mircea who nodded in agreement. "I remember it like it was yesterday though five hundred years have passed since then.

Altdorf 2051

Simon lay in his pavilion next to Sariah when he suddenly heard roars and curses coming from outside it sounded like his grandsire before he could get up to investigate Meyerling entered "Get up! you idle slacker" he said "Grandfather just gave the order we're moving in and no mercy is to be shown to anyone." Simon got up and grabbed Animessor "Good evening to you too Meyerling." "Whats wrong with grandfather he's making a a lot of noise." "I don't know." replied Meyerling "Something seems to have him riled. I've never seen him this furious and out of control before" Simon and Meyerling stepped out and looked towards Vlad standing on the mudflats arms held out energy crackling around him. "Incredible!" Simon exclaimed "I've never seen this much power before." he looked in awe at his grandsire and for a few seconds felt real fear. Around them the dead were moving, getting to their feet for the final strike "VAMPIRES TO ME!" shouted Vlad "THE THEOGANIST IS MINE! THE REST IS YOURS! SHOW NO MERCY! LEAVE NO SURVIVORS!" Simon smiled as did Meyerling "At last I do hate long sieges" he said as snow began falling around them.

"I remember that we swarmed over the walls in great numbers." Simon reminisced "We were so confident that victory was ours that we threw all caution to the winds and got our own hands dirty. I remember that you went looking for the theoganist Wilhelm grandfather and then I remember our legions suddenly collapsing around us and suddenly we were alone and outnumbered in the city surrounded by bloodthirsty Sigmarite fanatics."

Simon paused "I managed to extricate myself from the city but the second generation were all gone. They'd run off and left who ever was left to fend for themselves. Including mother!" Simon clenched his fists at the memory.

"There was nothing I could do without help. Alone and surrounded she took her own life to prevent capture and all I could do was watch and then run. I was the last vampire to leave the battlefield. I guided the surviving mortal loyalists back across the border to Sylvania and would have gone with them. However!" Simon looked Vlad dead in the eye "Konrad had seized power. With our past history I knew I was no longer welcome at court. So I chose to lay low occasionally meeting with Constantin the only vampire at court I trusted."

Vlad listened calmly to Simon's outburst "So Konrad took over, Yes that makes sense he always was leaping without looking first. But this news about my countess...... my Isabella..........!" With a cry of rage he picked up a nearby chair and hurled it through the window. His face turned bestial.

14. Gree

Gree Master Vampire True Blood

‘’Yes, my lord, things have changed for me since your…….disappearance’’ Mircea said. ‘’I went to Kislev, and beyond, to many old places, when I returned I decided to take the name Mircea, it seemed fitting for me’’ he continued on.

It was strange, seeing Vlad again, he had only seen the vampire count in a portrait for centuries To see him walking around quite active was a strange, but welcome sensation

However when Isabella was mentioned Vlad’s choler turned….dark.

‘’You did have her remains did’t you?’’ he asked Simon.

15. Simon von Carstein

"Of course I did Mircea you don't think I'd leave her in the hands of those filthy Sigmarite mortals do you?" replied Simon.

16. Disciple of Nagash

“That is a sad tale indeed,” Lesa said softly, “even those that are considered monsters amongst our kind, such as the Strigoi, normally take care of their young. But then just like the mortals, vampires are as different as the leaves on a tree. In that way man and vampires are quite similar.”

She leant forward for a moment, checking her work and nodded her head.

“This has healed well. It is not even noticeable that your face was ever damaged.” Sitting back she regarded Saul for a moment. Such a rash and hot headed person he seemed, quick to take and offer offense, yet there was plainly more to him.

“Though it is not the first time I have heard such a story.” At her words Saul looked up, “Milosh told me a similar tale not long after we encountered one another. He didn’t even know who his sire was then, only that when he was turned he was treated…….well shall we say not in the best way. Milosh was never even told of his sire’s name, and against someone so much stronger than him it would have seemed his future was bleak.

Somehow though, Milosh managed to surprise his sire one day, stunning him for a moment before making his own escape. Or so he thought. He found out recently what truly happened, or at least guessed it. When…….” She paused for a moment, anger flaring for a second before she reigned it in, “when Milosh was gifted with a ring whose power responded to the line of Vashanesh, it revealed he could only be the son of Vashanesh himself. A long lost son, older than Mannfred, Karl or any of the others. It was obvious then that Milosh only escaped on his sire’s whim, for what reason, well who knows?”

Lesa thoughtfully stroked her cheek, lost in contemplation before focusing back on Saul,
    “And now he is here, better know as Vlad! Tell me, how do you feel now your fabled progenitor walks among you once more?”

17. Get of W'soran

Karl watched Vlad warily, he had always had a horrific temper but, at least in the later years, there had been Isabella to calm him.

"Father please control yourself, we must keep up appearances...we don't want the inhabitants of our home to begin second guessing us?" he said blandly.

"Also there are...others in this castle...those not of your noble blood." he told Vlad and with this glanced at Simon "We have permitted two Lahmians to travel with us."

18. Knightofni

Tell me, how do you feel now your fabled progenitor walks among you once more?

Saul looked thoughtful for a moment, his face furrowed in concentration; before he shrugged, the a light-hearted expression settled on his features.

"Indifferent. I cannot say that I missed him, as say Simon or Karl did.. I wasn't even born when he died so his death was no burden; and he has been little more than a whisper, a fable of a bygone era, throughout my life. Though I'll admit that the living, breathing Master of our bloodline.. if indeed he is, as Simon claims, Vashenesh.. fills me with some trepidation. It is only natural to be a little anxious in the presence of one so powerful.. especially given my 'issues' with authority."

Saul frowned and starred out of a window.

"What does concern me however, is what happens when this war is done.. assuming that any of us survive to see that day come.. it was my understanding that Simon brought Vlad back to lead us into battle with the Grand Necromancer himself; so if the day does come when Nagash falls and the Council stands victorious.. what then?"

A dark look crept over his face as he contemplated the inevitable future.

"No. Simon's ambition will see the Empire fall to it's knees and all of the Old World subject to his desires.. whether Vlad leads this new order or Simon does is irrelevant. It cannot be allowed to come to pass. I, myself, will stand between Simon and this horrible future if necessary.. I'd rather die free than be subjugated by this monstrosity of a family."

19. Simon von Carstein

Vlad turned to face them "Are Isabella's remains safe and secure?" he asked. "They are milord." replied Simon "It was my idea to bring you back first as that is what she would want. As for the Lahmians here I will personally vouch for their presence here. Mistress Lesa married into our family many centuries ago and was of great assistance before and during the ritual."

Vlad looked deep in thought "You're sure she can be trusted?" he asked Simon nodded "If you won't trust her then trust me on the strength of my past deeds in your name grandfather."

Vlad nodded "high praise indeed coming from you Simon." he turned to the others "Tell me everything that has happened and what condition my other children are in."

20. Get of W'soran

Karl shook his head slightly at Simon's words.
    "Whilst I will not deny that the Lady Cromwell is indeed a powerful mage and she has assisted us greatly, I believe she fully trusts that we need you here father to defeat the coming of the Nagashi." the Baron said sounding slightly concerned. "I am not assured that she trusts us...not even you Simon...she...she reeks of humanity and it worries me." he admitted, Karl had always trusts his father's trust and lately even Simon and Micrea could be trusts in his opinion.

Akarin coughed slightly.
    "If the Count wishes it I could fetch the Lahmian and the one called Saul, he shows great promise as a warrior of our family although he may need further indoctrination, it is my belief that he has a strange upbringing." The Assassin murmered thoughtfully, he had considered offering Saul a position within the ranks of the Assassin Order but had been unsure if he would accept and was unwilling to force the idea upon him.
    At least not yet.
    "Also Silibar is near by their position I believe, hes wandering the corridors feeling bored."

21. Gree

‘’The rest of the Second generation other than Karl here are dead. Mannfred died about a half-year ago, the rest died in the century after your death against the Empire’s Witch Hunters or in civil wars.’’ Mircea reported.

‘’More of our bloodline has been sired across the centuries, many of them only know you by name and deed, but I am certain they will follow you.’’

22. Disciple of Nagash

"Then we agree on one thing at least," Lesa murmured, finger stoking her cheek thoughtfully, "I only went along with this purely for the destruction of Nagash. But if the Carsteins try took take over the old world, then we will no longer see eye to eye." She stopped, a smile on her face, "though at least it will give me a chance to finally blast that arrogant bastard Mircea back to the coffin."

"What worries me now is the rest of the Council. I have no doubt they will make their way here to see what has happened, I just hope Vlad has the sense to rebuild the bonds Simon has so easily broken."

23. Knightofni

"I very much doubt it'll be what Vlad thinks that counts."

Saul climbed up out of the chair and moved around the room; eager to stretch his legs.. the decor was almost as bad as it was at Nexeternus albeit with a slightly more potent stench of death.. why would anyone choose to live like this? He turned to face Lesa again.

"The more pressing question is whether or not the Council will be open to 'rebuilding' relations. They will not trust Simon nor Vlad.. recent events have forced us into taking sides and I do not believe that the wounds our split has caused will be healed so easily." Saul looked thoughtful for a moment, and then grinned, "Though I do hope that Vlad slaps one or two of our Council 'friends' back in their places.. Lord Banespike in particular."

24. Simon von Carstein

"Are you certain that they will follow me? Vlad asked "They would be fools not to milord! Mircea replied "thats not what I asked" said Vlad as Simon quickly cut in "There will be one or two dissidents among our number however on the whole the family is with us and the rest will join us when you make your presence known. However it doesn't help matters that the family has been severely weakened by the self serving actions of Mannfred! It was he who betrayed us on the eve of success and was directly responsible for your death!"

Vlad looked on silently at Simon's outburst "So Mannfred was responsible. I should have expected it from my eldest. He was always the smartest and most intelligent of my sons. No offense intended Karl." he said nodding to the vampire lord.

"None taken milord." Karl replied "There will not be many against us as myself and my nephews have already dealt with the bulk of them. Including most of Mannfred's, Konrad's and Posner's gets. The only real threats are the Vampire Council and Nagash himself."

25. Gree

‘’The Dark Lord has risen since your departure my lord’’ Mircea said. ‘’We have clashed several times with his forces in the past, he had attempted to stop your resurrection by sending several of his elite cadre……..his Dreadlords’’ Mircea’s lip curled at the name.

‘’Two of them came here, the Verdict and the Sentence, I slew the Verdict and Simon here did in the Sentence, however a few of the Dreadlords, we have slain other Dreadlords in the past, Dreadlords who had been revealed to have come from our own ranks’’ Mircea reported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.