1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC - Feedback and Constructive Criticism

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council' started by Disciple of Nagash, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

This thread is for all our fans (hopefully!) who want to leave feedback, critcism (constructive only) and any suggestions or idea's.

If you like anyone in particular please feel free to mention, nothing is worth more to a writer to know thier creations are well received.

2. Simon von Carstein

Simon von Carstein The Poetic Fiend True Blood TVC II GM

RE: Feedback and Constructive Criticism

Has anyone else noticed that Vekarin and myself both swear using the names of the fathers of our bloodline.

3. Trevy the Great

Trevy the Great Vampire Progenitor True Blood

I have. You know, I haven't actually used the name Abhorash as a swear in my posts at all. I like the idea though, and I will continue.

4. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Just wanted to say awesome so far :D
    Can't wait for more :)

5. Jack of Blades

Jack of Blades Necromancer

If you've liked it so far, we've got something in store which we're starting now. You'll love it.

6. Disciple of Nagash

And I 've definatley got a few more surprises in store........

7. Trevy the Great

Ooh...suprises.

8. Drakki

Drakki Grave Guard

i never imagined that this idea would be this successful
    lets keep this up for as long as possible guys

9. Disciple of Nagash

Has anyone got a favourite moment thus far? Mine is split between the battle between Lesa / Milosh and Magneqrox and thier subsequent death and the duel between Gotrek and Vekarin.

10. Trevy the Great

I liked the Lase/Milosh vs. Chaos Vampires scene. Another favorite is the fight against the Witchhunters in the second chapter.

11. Voltaire

Voltaire Master Necromancer True Blood

The godmodding is beginning to bug me. In minor dialogue cases I can understand but some people aren't justifying their actions when they accomplish them.

12. Azahul

Azahul Vampire Count True Blood

yeah, i agree with that. there are RPG sites out there (im on a couple) where some of the things ive seen would end up in the posters being banned (well, if they persisted in doing it)
    that and people controlling other peoples characters. half the time its just like people are posting segments of a story, regardless of whose characters are involved, rather than just posting about their characters actions. i can understand it in supplemental pieces (would be impossible otherwise obviously :rolleyes:) but sometimes i think its just like this thing is just one person posting about the characters of a lot of other people. not hugely annoying, but still, sometimes i dont see the point in having all these people, when sometimes people are posting about the actions of other players as much as their own :lol:

13. Jack of Blades

Would be helpful to mention who these posters are...
    It takes too long to ask everyone for permission, the battle scenes and such are all planned out with PM (at least I usually plan stuff with Disciple). I don't really think it hurts to say a line or so for a character, to prevent characters from turning into stone with every post except their own.

But again, mention who they are. But I also agree that it's kind of pointless to have an ''RP'' where everyone writes about everyone, but I don't think it's gotten to that point yet. You simply have to write for other characters sometimes, otherwise I agree.

14. Trevy the Great

The 'godmodding' I've done (as far as I can remember it's only two instances) I did in order to get a scene over with as quickly as possible. If I hadn't godmodded the scene between Lesa and I it would have gone on for several more pages with each post becoming more and more unlikely. It gets boring and stale when a personal duel goes on that long.

15. Jack of Blades

Agreed... I want action, swift bleedin' action! not ''hi'' next post ''hi'' next post ''so i met magneqrox'' next post ''yep me too'' next post ''should we kill him? '' next post'' ''yup'', and so on.

16. Trevy the Great

"I swing my sword."
    "I block your sword and swing my other sword."
    "I block your other sword and use a scary lightning bolt to kill you."
    "I dispell it and kick you."
    "My armor stops me from feeling it..."

That's what it would have been like. wayyy to slow.

17. Gree

Gree Master Vampire True Blood

Do I god mod? I hope to god that I don't god mod.

18. Trevy the Great

Try saying that five times fast...

19. Jack of Blades

What can I say instead of god? I don't wanna say that stupid word :/
    Hmm, I'll say sod instead and report my success when I'm home!

20. Disciple of Nagash

I'm not sure if I gomod or not and I apologise if I do however I will say one thing, many of the scenes where I do include other characters dialogue / actions are:
    1 - Discussed in advance via PM such as with Jack for Magneqrox or Azahul when when he over took the village
    2 - Small simple one liners that do not reflect the characters actions or feelings but to help smooth over certain parts
    3 - To advance the stroy when it gets help up such as when Gree asked me to for the hunting thread

I've always PM's people if I 've wanted to do something involving thier character, if I've upset anyone please say so!

21. Gree

Gree Master Vampire True Blood

Do I god mod? I hope to god that I don't g-DAMMIT!

Almost had it.

22. Azahul

Azahul Vampire Count True Blood

well, my problem isnt with the fights and such (especially since some RPG fights turn out exactly as you describe Vekarin, no one does anything because the other person always just manages to stop it :rolleyes:) however, there are some cases where it happens that i know are happening without the players consent (ie is happening to me :lol: Simon blasting Rask off the ceiling then picking him up by the scruff of his neck comes to mind, that scene sorta annoyed me, though it turned out allright. i think though that my annoyance was influencing my thinking at the time though, Rask probably wouldnt have left the council if it hadnt have been for that)
    i dunno, maybe im just seriously stuck up and easy to annoy :(
    mind you, it could just be me it seems to happen to more than anyone else, since im not online when everything is happening :'( resulting in people having to make my characters react more than usual. thats my fault though, not anyone elses

23. Jack of Blades

Vekarin, this is one of my favorite posts in the whole RP. It's just so comical :D

24. Trevy the Great

Thanks. I just love the idea of Zosz lying on the floor like that, I was laughing very hard when I wrote it. If you know Zosz like I do (I've played him for a number of years) you would think this to be even funnier.

25. Oracle

Oracle Vargheist

I would just like to say that i really enjoy GoW's posts with the two necromancers... God they are funny and well written :D