1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC: Shadows of Heimhof OOC and sign up thread

Discussion in 'Theatre de Vampyre' started by Ghouly, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

Sebastian is cool, and I am digging the old school Witch Hunter style

2. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

FEED ME CHARACTER SHEETS

3. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

Ghouly, what time after the events of tvc 1 will they be taking place? Straight after, or simultaneously with TVC II? Since TVC II starts ten years after TVC I ends.

4. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

during the 10 years between TVC and TVCII

it's a sequel to the TVC and a prequel to the TVCII

5. The Dread King

Do you intend to tie it into the main TVC II storyline when it finishes, then?

6. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

it could, However we are Empire aligned the Council would be considered bad guys

7. The Dread King

Of course. I'll get a character sheet up soon, then. Thanks for the information.

8. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

I'll get something up after some others post.

Too often have I been the only submitter of bios! :tongue:

Plus once I get my new laptop sorted I'll be able to post during travel times.

9. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

Riker's last band got munched by the von carstins your characters will join the survivours

10. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

Guuuuuuuy's give me your characters sheets so I can start this

11. The Dread King

This bio is a work in progress, but I am posting it here anyway just to reassure RPers that I'm working on it. I will make edits to this post and finish this bio soon.

Name: Cassar Aachen

Race: human

Birthplace: Altdorf

Personality: describe the how the character acts

Appearance: Cassar has a strong build and is quite tall. He has flame-red hear, and a beard of the same colour, in contrast to his pale skin. He often wears a grim or stern expression, but has a reserve of pent-up mirth that he occasionally releases on unwitting victims in his vicinity, whose eardrums may be shattered by the sound of deep-voiced, booming laughter.

Armour: he wears a full set of chainmail. Caesar has kept it in good condition, and it shines brightly with cleanliness, but it bears the scars of many hard-fought battles.

Weapons: Cassar has a pair of daggers, a belt in which he carriers equipment to maintain his armour, a collection of minor holy symbols (of Signar, Ulric and Morr) holy water (alongside other small tools commonly used in the witch hunter's profession) and a well-polished hammer (his weapon of choice).

Brief history: I do have this mapped out in my mind; I will put it online soon.

Bound to the path of the witch hunter due to witnessing a slaughter of a fortune teller by a daemon of tzeentch and the destruction of a village by a chaos cult, Cassar forged bonds of friendships with two formidable witch hunters (these will be revealed when introduced in the TVC II). The three became inseparable, notorious for their complementing abilities which proved deadly in combat.

Early in the Von Carsteins' campaign to seize control of the empire, a certain city was razed to the ground a brutal mercenary band whose leader was none other than the infamous Dark Knight of Malleaux. One of the three witch hunters was easily dispatched by the vampire, and another, a descendant of Morturion Darkheart's brother, saved Cassar's life, hauling him out of the city in a coach. This with hunter died a few years later, tracked down by the aforementioned necromancer.

Cassar, however, only escaped death with a serious injury to his spine, and has been haunted by his failure to save his friends ever since the day that city fell. He has returned to active service after spending some years recuperating from his wounds, a more cautious more fearful, and wiser man.

Strengths:
    The big guy - Cassar is large, strong and tough, so can take a lot of hits for others,and cuts quite an intimidating figure on the horizon.

Experienced - he's worked with the cream of the crop in the witch hunting profession over the years and has learned many useful skills from gem.

Weaknesses:
    Ouch, there goes my back - Cassar is still recovering from a serious back injury he sustained years ago. As such, he feels a constant dull, and occasionally intense, pain in his spine, which can sap his will and significantly weaken him in battle when it is at its worst.

Insecurity - due to his past, Cassar doubts himself, having failed to save the lives of two lifelong friends. Often he thinks that his allies overestimate him, and is occasionally riven with doubt, paranoia and fear and he relives the horrifying memories that defined his history.

Stats:

Raw Strength: 5

Toughness: 6

Dexterity: 4

Speed: 5

Technique Strength: 5 [6 with his hammer]

Weapon skill: 5 [6 with his hammer]

Ballistic Skill: 2

Lore knowledge: 6

Willpower: 5

Intelligence: 5

Perception: 5

Faith: 5

Magical ability: 0

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  12. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

Hope this is alright

Name: Miccah usually called Brother or Father denoting his religious status
    Race: Human
    Birthplace: unknown village along the edge of Stirland and Slyvania though it was destroyed by the undead long ago
    Personality: A devout man, Miccah to others is a silent mournful figure usually always frowning in disappointment at those he considers lacking in faith sometimes openly chastising or offering penance. Bound by an unbreakable iron code he is extremely zealous in nature almost fanatical in devotion to his god Sigmar. With what he can't accomplish with holy scriptures and teachins he makes up with unrelenting force showing no mercy to those he views as enemies with special loathing for the undead who he has vowed to destroy whenever encounter.

Appearance: A middle aged man of average height though with a powerfully built muscled frame. Has a scarred face the right eye blinded by a large scar whilst the rest covered by a bushy brown beard with streaks of grey through it as well as an unruly mane of hair making him look more like some wild man than a priest. Clad in the tattered robes of a priest his battered iron armour visible beneath, his left arm is heavily bandaged whilst the other wears a gauntlet A simple charm of sigmar dangles from his neck as well as large book which is attached by a chain to his armour

Weapons:
    "Old Faithful"
    A simple warhammer engraved with symbols of Sigmar, wielded with bone crushing force by Miccah who swings the hammer in both hands with ease
    Also carries a few flasks containing holy oils and water the oils being extremely flammable

History:
    Born in a small village Micah and his sister Claudia were orphaned at an early age after their parents were killed by plague which had swept through the outskirt villages of Stirland. A quiet child, Miccah showed great promise to become a priest being raised by the local monastery excelling in his studies whilst his older sister became a barmaid at the local tavern. Miccah loved his studies with focusing all his attentions on it forgetting about his sister who slowly began to resent her brother.

This peace however proved to be short lived as his village was attacked by the undead, utterly terrified and pursued by a pack of ghouls Miccah fled into the woods intent on saving his own self abandoning his sister to whatever fate she suffered . Within the dark woods Miccah was saved by the unlikely arrival of a warrior priest of sigmar as well as his entourage of fanatic flagellants who killed the ghouls. Ashamed of his cowardice and for abandoning his sister Miccah joined the band of fanatics hoping to overcome his fears and become stronger as well as seek redemption for abandoning his sister. Spending next few years as an apprentice to the warrior priest, the band hunted down the undead as well as other enemies of the faith in small skirmishes as well as joining full battles between the armies of the Empire and dread Von Carsteins. Developing a close bond with the priest, Miccah began to view his saviour like a father learning a great deal under his mentor strengthening himself both in body and mind developing an iron will with his faith.

Tragedy would strike again as Miccah and his master were attacked by the undead whilst staying at an abandoned chapel, however this proved to be no mere coincidence as it the attack was led by a powerful vampire and her thrall who turned out to be no other than Miccah's sister who was captured and turned when their village was attacked. Killing his master, Claudia and her master mortally wounded Miccah before leaving him to die at the hands of zombies. This was not enough to kill him as his faith sustained him and enabled him to drive off the undead.

The sins of his past continued to haunt them as he sought redemption for his crimes, he made his way to the last bastion of imperial force in Stirland to help the faithful drive back the undead menace.

Strengths:
    Priest of Sigmar: Train as a warrior priest Miccah possesse all the powers a warrior priest has with great strength
    Faith: so great is his faith in sigmar Miccah can manifest this faith through prayers that protect against as well as cripple the undead though the stronger the undead the more strain it puts on him

Weakness
    Regret and recklessness: it was because of his cowardice that his sister became one of the undead, because of this he has vowed to never abandon a single soul to the undead regardless of the hope lenses of the situation. Also because of his hatred for the undead know to blindly fight first ask questions later

Stats
    Toughness: 5
    Dexterity: 5
    Technique Strength: 5
    Weapon skill: 5
    Ballistic Skill: 3
    Lore knowledge: 5
    Willpower: 5
    Intelligence: 5
    Perception: 4
    Faith: 8
    Magical ability: 0

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  13. Get of W'soran

This is a character I had a story planned for but it never happened, basically he's a descendant of Akimitsu (The Triumvirate's most powerful warrior) and is continuing his family's centuries old quest to find and kill the Blood Dragon.

Still open for more editing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
    Kamitoro Mitsuhide
    Race: Human
    Birthplace: Shinotsuke region of Nippon.

Personality:

Mitsuhide is a quiet man and calm man tending towards the overly polite however he is known for having his own subtle sense of humour, he also has the amusing tendency to pretend he can't speak Reikspeil when he doesn't want to deal with Imperials.
    During any spare moments he has the Mitsuhide tends to be practising his swordsmanship or mediating quietly.
    One of the few things that seems to draw any rage out of the man is any sign of Nipponese vampires.

Appearance:
    Mitsuhide is a lean man, considered tall in his land, standing at 5"11. He has long black hair, at the back of which he wears headpieces, this a long with his white silk scarf are symbols to denote his family's status. He has dark grey eyes and incredibly pale skin.
    Mitsuhide wears a white shitagi, a black hakama and a black kosode, for footwear he wears white tabi and waraji, all of which was fairly typical for people of his rank.
    At the warrior's waist he wears his daisho which are the taichi (longsword) and kodachi (short sword) of his people.

Weapons:
    - Mitsuhide's Sword: The slightly curved Nipponese Longsword was forged by one of Nippon's greatest sword-smiths in preparation for Mitsuhide's journey to the Old World.
    - Kodachi: A matching short-sword for the warrior's longsword although it is of slightly inferior craftsmanship.
    - Jō: A short wooden staff that is around 125 cms long, he doesn't necessarily carry this at all times.

History:
    Mitsuhide was born to the noble Kamitoro Clan which had only begun to recover in the last 100 years from the dark curse of the family head becoming an "Oni" (in fact a vampire) centuries ago and slaughtering most of his relatives but the family survived.
    Since that dark day the Kamitoro has done all in it's power to regain it's honour but even now is still but a shadow of it's ancient self.
    Every generation one member of the Clan's Head Family to try and find the ancient evil which betrayed them nearly 1,000 years ago.

Mitsuhide was born to be next in line as the Head of the Kamitoro Clan, every moment of his life was taken up by tutorship in the warrior arts such as swordsmanship, literature, poetry, politics and many other subjects.

When he turned 21 his father died and he took his place as the Clan's new Leader, three years later he left Nippon to try and regain his family's honour by taking the unholy life of the vampire Akimitsu. The clues of this demon's existence finally led him to the Empire of Mankind.

Over the years Mitsuhide fought the undead on several occasions often alongside Imperial Militia's or Sell-swords, even fighting lesser vampires in one-on-one combat.

Later Mitsuhide, with a number of mercenaries of all nationalities, finally tracked down Akimitsu and a number of other vampires wearing Nipponese garb (although they were certainly not of his Country's people). Mitsuhide's men were slaughtered to a man whilst the Blood Dragon Akimitsu didn't even take part in the fighting.
    Mitsuhide himself only survived out of sheer luck with the vampire's believing him dead, not far wrong, and with Imperial Scouts finding the near-death man and bringing him to the local Imperial military camp to receive medical care.

Once he was well enough to move again Mitsuhide prepared to take his own life for his utter failure however he heard possible rumours for Akimitsu's position near a town called Heimhof and has decided to travel there instead.

Strengths:
    -Nipponese Warrior: From birth Mitsuhide was destined to be the greatest warrior that his family could produce. He was well trained in Kenjutsu, Iaijutsu (swordsmanship), Jojutsu (Short Staff) and Jujutsu (Hand-to-Hand).
    - Martial Arts Prodigy: To a lesser extent he was also schooled in Bojutsu (Staff), Sojutsu (Spear) and Naginatajutsu (Glaive) although he prefers the sword.
    -Centered: Mitsuhide is usually incredibly calm even in the centre of conflict.
    - Scholar: Tutored in the appropriate scholars arts from a young age.

Weakness:
    -
    Foreigner: Being from another land often causes a lot of social barriers.
    - Poor Archer: Despite the bow being one of the main weapons of his social class Mitsuhide is incredibly poor in it's use.
    - Obsessed: The mere mention of Akimitsu causes Mitsuhide to obsess over the Blood Dragon and his presence or any connection to him can cause the man to fly into a rage.
    - Unarmoured: Prefers to fight in loose Nipponese clothing instead.

Stats
    Toughness: 3 (No Armour)
    Dexterity:
    Technique Strength: 6
    Weapon skill:
    Ballistic Skill: 1
    Lore knowledge: 2 (Mitsuhide is relativity new to the Undead of the Old World)
    Willpower:
    5 (Incredible self-belief)
    Intelligence:
    5 (Well educated)
    Perception:
    6 (Martial arts are based on perception).
    Faith:
    1 (Mitsuhide has never had much faith in anything)
    Magical ability:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Count michael likes this.
  14. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

sweet character sheets, okay so mod time

@The Dread King Cassar's starting armour is way to high could you change it from plate to chainmail, scale mail or splint mail the knives are fine but I need to know which holy symbols he has.

@Count michael Micah's states you have way to many six's lower your speed and dexterity by one cause heavy armour.
    Lower your strength or toughness by one.
    lower your intelligence and willpower a little.

@Get of W'soran your states are to high as well could you lower your eights to sixs and fives and lower your sevens to fives and fours and your character can't know Riker just yet so have him get taken to Heimhof to be healed instead

15. Get of W'soran

@Ghouly Will do, I'd only plugged his stats in as a temp measure as I didn't have time to properly finish the bio

16. Count michael

Done, was a a bit unsure on stats myself

17. Get of W'soran

I've done a quick edit, I'll check back later when I've time to double check my bio.

18. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

perfect guys I'll give Dread some time to finish his character then we'll start

19. Count michael

So just us three is it?

20. The Dread King

I will finish it, I swear! :tongue:

21. The Dread King

I'm done with everything but history now. Does it look ok, @Ghouly ?

22. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

Lower the sixs and sevens dread and your good.

also I have a reason for being nit picky about your equipment, it's because I have awards planned out for doing chapters

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  23. The Dread King

There! I'm done. Thanks for waiting, guys.

24. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

first chapter should be up later today or tomorrow early

25. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

where Heimhof roughly is the red star

Attached Files: