1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Ulrik Von Lichenstien's Horde

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Zacharias, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

Striker Von Lichtenstein finished

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ol'timer likes this.
  2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Quite a cool mini, this old Vlad is ;) I very much like how the gem on his finger and on the sword parallel each other, a nice accent!

3. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Zacharias Nice skull basing and paint job on the mini.

4. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

Don't you just love the versatility of skeletons, making my VC archers and then decided to make my VC Necrotect who sits in with my ghouls horde to give them that extra killing power.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Borgnine

Their hands are still bulky, but they are still a great job! Maybe they did a lot of training while they were alive xD Also, what is the part with which you connected the quivers to their bodies?

The Necrotect guy is also cool, nice idea with the whip! It looks a little weird being in such a position - as if he whipped something behind him - but maybe he's that good at his job! Still, that's a minor thing and it's a very fine VC-ization ;)

6. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

The connecting part came with the quivers, got them of a friend, but will ask what models they were originally designed for.

The necrotect is winding up for a whip, it needs to go back before it goes forward, watch Indiana Jones and you'll see ;)

7. Borgnine

I know perfectly well that one need to wind it before striking, I only doubt it that it takes that particular shape during this phase of the movement ;) Still, only nitpicky grumblers like me would notice it - and maybe I'm wrong xD

8. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Zacharias I really like your VC skeleton conversions. Archers look nice but the TK/old skeleton range parts are somewhat bigger than the newer skellies. That necrotect has been pulled off nicely :)

9. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

So the weather is changing for the worse here in Scotland after a pretty decent summer..... that means it's time for more painting. Started of slow but feeling the momentum building and decided to finally do those pesky shields for my skeleton unit last night along with my first Fell Bat (I always paint one first as an experiment before moving on to do the lot). Kept it very basic for the fell bat but I suppose there's not much you can do with them until it comes to the basing. Anyway, should be a lot more posts coming as nearly have a unit of 40 Grave Guard finished and the 4 fell bats will be complete in no time. Nagash is in the process of being based and then it's on to 20 skeleton archers, 10 more regular skeletons (so I can split into 2 units of 30), 10 more dire wolves, my female vampire, mounted wight king and wight king BSB. That's just the sprayed items ready to go.

In the long term I still have Mortarch Mannfred, Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon, a second Terrorghiest, 75 zombies, 3 Varghiest, 10 Blood Knights, countless characters and many conversion ideas to go. If any knows of a good skull chucker conversion please direct me.

Skeleton's........ now with shields

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First Fell bat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

der vued likes this.
  10. Borgnine

Great skeletons! Maybe they could be a bit darker, but that's subjective - they're still very well done and that filler is cool too - ties nicely with all the other headstones. Also, it seems you have an assload of minis still to do - be strong and good luck while painting them :)

11. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

Another quick progress update. All 4 Fell Bats now complete (with the exception of basing). Most of the Grave Guard done now as well, onto the last 13. Going to make another unit filler so that I can get them up to 50 strong. Shame unit fillers can't be used in AoS but I still haven't coverted yet and am still managing to find 8th tournaments to enter. No chance I'll swap bases though until I start another army.

Fell Bats:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grave Guard:

[​IMG]

Current work station:

[​IMG]

Hopefully next time I'll have my finished Nagash and Grave Guard up plus my based Fell Bats.

12. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Looking good! It's fun to see all the old school models mixed in.

13. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

You've done a lot of work lately. Well done! Also, I can't believe I didn't say so back then, but your Necrotect rules. Any chance we'll see some more converted characters?

Zacharias likes this.
  14. Borgnine

Those Grave Guard look great! I like how their blades fit your ghosts :) Lots of done, lots still to do, keep it up strong :thumbsup:

15. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

Bats and Necrotect finished:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still think the shield should have a star on it ;-)

16. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

The bats are lookin rad. amazing how much mileage you can get out of those Renedra gravestones. I took the idea of the Bat Swarm bats you're using a little further, lutting two or three on all my Fell Bat bases, so I can field the models as Swarms or Fell Bats.

Also, Cap'tect Amer'ecro doesn't disappoint. Sling that shield!

17. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

Well it looks like another on of my characters has now been named along with

Reek - Ghoul King
    Sir Ulrik Von Lichtenstein - Vamp Lord
    Striker Von Lichtenstein - Vamp Hero

Thinking to try a ghoul Necrotect next.

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  18. Borgnine

Make that star a pentagram - he would keep the spooky theme that way ;) I am really interested in seeing how would you make ghoul into a necrotect :)

Ol'timer likes this.
  19. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

So I've completed my Grave Guard and can stretch to 50 utilising a couple of fillers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also finally completed Nagash and based him. Might add some burnt grass around the edge of the spirit host trails but apart from that reasonably happy with how he came out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, I have a tournament this weekend so thought I'd post a picture of my 2500 point Undead Legion list. Not the strongest list I've ever taken, deliberately trying not to take a Terrorgheist and wanted to utilise my Grave Guard plus some of my newer painted items. Tomb Prince (Using a Wight King model for now) and Banner of the Barrows in with the GGs means hitting on 2's / wounding on 2's :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just knocking out 10 skellies at the moment so I can split my block of 50 into 2 x 30. Then going to treat myself to a character or conversion. Still trying to think how to create a ghoul necrotect although starting to think it makes more sense to have a skeleton one driving them on.

20. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

So after arriving at the official last 8th edition tournament that D.W.A.R.F are hosting I picked up my highest ever finish position and came runner up on the day (only 4 showed up to play 8th). There was a huge AoS tournament going on at the same time which has made me re-consider giving it a try now that the General's Handbook has been released. Any thoughts on AoS since the points system came out please let me know.

[​IMG]

On the left, excuse the beard, getting ready for Up Helly Aa.......... google it

Anyway in order to keep the current painting momentum going I decided to layout all my painted troops behind my paint station as motivation.

[​IMG]

To date:
    2 x 30 skeletons (10 more almost finished and based)
    50 Ghouls
    2 x 5 Dire wolves
    4 Fell Bats
    10 Hexwraiths
    11 Black Knights
    50 Grave Guard
    8 Crypt Horrors
    Casket of Souls
    6 Spirit Hosts
    9 Wraiths
    Banshee
    Black Coach
    Terrorghiest
    Nagash
    Vampire Lord - Sir Ulrik Von Lichtenstein
    Vampire Hero (Old Vlad) - Striker Von Lichtenstein
    Ghouls King - Reek
    Wight King - No Name Yet
    Necrotect - Cap'tect Amer'ecro
    Necromancer - Mortdecia

To Go:
    Mounted Wight King
    Wight King BSB - Forgeworld
    Scatterpult (just picked up the old model)
    Vargulf
    70 Zombies
    10 Dire Wolves
    22 Skeleton Archers
    Mortarch Mannfred
    Krell
    Zombie Dragon
    Terrorghiest
    6 Varghiest
    Corpse Cart
    10 Blood Knights
    Countless old character models and whatever my ridiculously sized bits box can comprehend.

Ol'timer likes this.
  21. Ol'timer

Ol'timer Skeleton

Yep, keeping the painted ones in eye view helps me a lot. looks good!

22. Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper Black Knight

Congrats on the turny!
    I realy like your ethereal's and Grave Guards! Are the swords and ethereal's color supposed to match up? As in the magic attacks being the same death magic as the ethereal's? In any case I like it!

23. Borgnine

Congrats for the tournament! The army looks great - those fillers, statues, tombs - they nicely break up the big units and really make it all so much better :) And keep up the momentum, nothing worse than losing it prematurely ;)

24. Zacharias

Zacharias Ghoul

So in an attempt to keep up my momentum and not pop prematurely (haha) I decided to start a few new projects at the same time as my current running. So I have now completed the additional 10 skeletons, a mounted wight king, another unit filler and a movement tray. 10 Dire Wolves next but tempted to spray my zombie dragon and give it a go seeing I'm on a roll.

Wight King

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still need to paint and add a shield but think the one provided is slightly small so looking for something grander.

Unit Filler

[​IMG]

Have since glued a bat onto the grave head but you get the picture

25. Fang Gogh

Fang Gogh Zombie

Loving the sword on the mounted Wight King. How did you do it? :happy: