1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Ultramarine 40K Diorama

Discussion in 'The Faces of Our Next Meal......' started by Crystal, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Crystal

Crystal Grave Guard

This is something my brother asked me to post cos he wanted opinions on it, note that I've had no involvement in this model at all, other than using my camera :tongue:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think and if you have any criticisms/praises I should pass onto him.

2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

The painting is clean and proper, nothing to complain about. Dirt on Marines' boots is a nice accent :) Personally I think that such a ruin would be much dirtier and grimier, but that's my own preference ;) From the compositional point of view, I would paint the girl's dress in a much more contrasting colour - I missed her first few times I looked at the pics and she should be the most obvious focal point of the scene. To reinforce that I would add more and more grime, the further it is from the girl. But that's rather subjective - it's still a good scene :thumbsup:

A non-subjective mistake would be the mould line on the marine's leg, clearly visible on the third picture. I omiss them often, so I understand that it happens ;)

3. Crystal

Crystal Grave Guard

@Borgnine and on the arm :tongue: I honestly didn't notice, but I'll let him know and I'll let him know your suggestions as well. Although I personally liked the colour he chose for the dress, I thought it was cute, but I do see that it is too similar ^^"

4. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

I think the dress fits her very well and if she was a single mini, that would be awesome. But that's a bigger composition and it would be cool to think of it as a whole, not forgetting that the painter can affect what colors will be everywhere, unlike a photographer ;)