1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tom-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Undead Host of Menkeroth

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Menkeroth, Apr 21, 2017 at 5:16 PM.

1. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

Well, actually more of Nepher'Amon, my vampire-lord on zombie dragon, but since he's not yet ready for war, that suffices. So, here's the first my ever undead soldier, a wight king. A lovely model, what to say, which I wanted to buy even as I was still in 40k. Really great model.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Name: Guidarn the Relentless.

Occupation: a long dead wight king serving as the chief lieutenant of my vampire-lord

Known facts: was a king of some human tribe in north of Shyish, namely the Frozen Dale in the Icy Cairn Mountains. He carved a kingdom for himself and became a great ruler, but after his death his sons couldn't agree with his choice of the heir and started an infighting among themselves, which lasted till the armies of Chaos arrived in Shyish. Horde of Bloodbound warriors overran the kingdom and destroyed it, but they didn't manage to break the wards on the king's tomb. Which came in handy when Nepher'Amon, a soulblight vampire-lord, arrived after many centuries in these lands fleeing with remnants of his army from this very Bloodbound host. He reinforced his forces with the long dead warriors of the tribe and broke the seals of the king's cairn. Guidarn appeared as skilled and ruthless a warrior in undeath as he was in life, and led his now undead servants in the final battle with the crazed berzerkers of the Blood God, carving a bloody path through their ranks and beheading their Bloodsecrator with a precisive blow. Eventually the Bloodbound horde was slaughtered to the last, having reinforced afterwards the ranks of the undead army of the vampire. Since that day the king fights at his side with the same efficiency and brutality as he did in his former life.

And a bit of a duel with my Unforged from my Dispossessed duardin army:
    [​IMG]

Any comments will be greatly appreciated :)

2. Irisado

Irisado Wight King

The lighting makes it a bit hard to see in some of the pictures, but the from facing shot is excellent. I really like the choice of colours and the colour of the crown in particular.

3. Menkeroth

Thanks! I like the colors too, while I think black and dark red suit the undead the best - yes, it could be too generic, but I can't help it with them - they make servants of Nagash even more ominous and brooding. As for the crown it was painted gold over black and then blackwashed. Very simple but effective.

4. Irisado

Irisado Wight King

Red and black is by far my favourite colour combination for Vampire Counts as well. It is very iconic and looks so good. It conveys that impression of dark majesty that Vampire Counts are infamous for.

Menkeroth likes this.
  5. Menkeroth

Ganz genau, likewise that is. I don't doubt that in our future battletomes GW will depict more color schemes, both classic and various new, but in the case of the undead there are few combinations that really work with them. I've seen a unit of black knights painted in bright gold and blue, like it is often with elves or Tzeentch, and while the painting was superb, the scheme didn't fit at all.