1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Suggestion Undead legions

Discussion in 'Wisdom of the Master' started by Quinten, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

I was just wondering if there was some way you could separate the undead legions and pure vampire counts stuff. I don't play undead legions and would love to see two-ish sections of the forum so that we can all easily see what kind of army is being discussed

2. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

I have been thinking the same. Unfortunenately @Disciple of Nagash is not around these days, and it would probably be him that would make a seperate forum if that was the solution. For now I will encourage people to write (UNDEAD LEGIONS) and (VAMPIRE COUNTS) in the thread topics. The thing is, that this forum uses all GW's most recent releases and so we cannot really make subforums for all "house ruled" things, however, since Vanilla Vampire Counts is still a thing (at least untill 9th comes out) I agree that we should continue to support that.

3. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

@Lynks do you have any thoughts on this?

4. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

Making a new sub forum is outside of my abilities, not that I would want to without consulting with DoN first.

For now it would be best if people just clearly labelled which army it is for in the thread topic.

5. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

One thing to bear in mind here is traffic. It has been a long time since I played Fantasy Battle of any sort, so I wouldn't know for certain, but is there enough traffic to justify an Undead Legions board or set of boards at this stage? It's usually best to create a new board or multiple boards if the traffic is such that it is dominating existing boards at the expense of other topics.

6. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

Thanks for the response I guess it was more wistful thinking and I will just have to wait until 9th when we can all be on the same page once again

7. najo

najo Mortarch of the Dark Soul Staff Member True Blood

Just my two cents. It seems most everyone is doing undead legions right now and those armies are still being mostly built with our units. The advice for those units mostly still stands with the occasional new synergy or other combined effect. Separating the forums would make the few purist VC armies right now get lost or not as much support from the community. I think we wait to see what 9Th does with allies and army books before we alter the forums. That way we aren't changing it around twice.

The Sun King likes this.
  8. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

This is something we can certainly do.

I would suggest we have two options:

Separate forums / sections
    Prefixs

I think prefixes are the best way - I can easily set them up so users can select them when creating the thread, and if the prefixes are used you can filter on them as well.

Thoughts?

9. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

I guess that prefixes could work, providing everyone uses them ;). Is there really enough traffic for undead legions to warrant having to implement this though? I've just looked at the first page of the army lists board, and it doesn't looked dominated by legions army lists to me.

10. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

I think we are having a similar problem to this now with people playing various versions WHFB, UL, VC, AoS, and KoW. I think the prefix idea is a good fix but now there would probably need to be more than just two. Pretty sure the prefixes could be made mandatory? I feel this would clear up a lot of confusion with so many people playing so many different games and discussing them all on this forum.