1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

US Masters

Discussion in 'Kings of Warhammer (Mantic)' started by Majrenob, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Majrenob

Majrenob Zombie

Hi all,

I just saw a Facebook post from a TO who has been speaking with some people from the US Masters. Apparently the vote was recently held and the 2016 U.S Masters will be Kings of War.

2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

That's a big win for Mantic. They must be thrilled.

3. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

What were the other options for the vote?

4. Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Pirate Robot Ninja of Death Vampire Thrall

Being the tournament held in early 2017, wrapping up the 2016 circuit.

Definitely a big win for Mantic, and I think the best decision. 9th Age isn't getting much traction and KoW is a very solid tournament game. You could do a 7-10 game tournament over the weekend, enough for the best players to actually rise above the fray.

Tournaments here are just starting to roll over to KoW, and it's finally getting me excited for it. Tough to get into a tournament game that there's no tournaments for. Masters circuit changing over is great news for that.

5. Majrenob

Majrenob Zombie

Preface by saying I was not on the vote, but I believe it was 9th Age, AOS and 8th Ed.

6. countulrich

countulrich Skeleton

Just to clarify, for anyone who was interested and hasn't read the accounts elsewhere. There are 8 voting regions in the US Masters for this. In order to change systems 7 out of the 8 had to vote to switch. Kings of War was a clear strong option for the change, but instead of splintering any possible opposition the initial vote was just "Kings of War" or "Any other system". Honestly nobody really considered AoS as it is not a viable option. But 9th age, sticking with 8th, coming up with a US Masters comp/8.5 were all options.

A great deal of time was given for regional reps to go back and discuss it with the TOs and local players and figure out what each region wanted. When they came back there were 7 regions that voted for Kings of War, and one region that was internally 50/50 split between KoW and something else, and so they choose to vote against, but it was a "soft" vote against.

Draykorinee and Blutsauger like this.