1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Vampire Counts Inspiration Thread

Discussion in 'Unholy Masterpieces' started by Sanai, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Raven Torrid

Raven Torrid Black Knight

A take on Nagash:

[​IMG]

2. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

Now that's something. I'd like to see some other models next to it. :)

3. Undying Scourge

Undying Scourge Blood Knight

That Nagash is amazing. Who did it? By the way, you should call this thread the "Vampire Counts Un-inspiration thread, because most of these just make me want to give up the hobby! :lol:

Another thing I'd like to know, why is it do you think that the "realistically painted" models seem to be "in fashion" at the moment?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  4. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

5. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Black Knight

Models in the current sylvaneth line, here there are some really cool conversions done by Melcavuk over on the Order Alliance Community.

"in the beginning there was accord between the gods in Sigmar realm and that accord was thus "All that is living must one day die, and yet without life there can be no Death" and by this accord Alarielle and Nagash were thus bound. All things, even her Sylvaneth must abide by the cycle of Life and Death, to this date there are still some of her fallen Ancients in the service to the god of Death."

Melcavuk's Forest of Death.

Just some examples (in the linked thread you'll find the various WIP):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

@Unas the slayer Sylvaneth are indeed a great fodder for undead(ish) miniatures and conversions, a great find! Reminds me a lot of those from the Gardens of Hecate blog (a great collection there too, check it out!).

I also moved your thread here, because it didn't fit Dead Shall Walk - and it reminded me of this Inspiration thread - a good occasion to bring it back to the top of the section ;)

7. Unas the slayer

8. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

I want to share two crazy things I happened to stumble upon, a Khemric Titan and a Necrolitch Colossus:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know if I've seen a project crazier than that colossus. Both of them are made by a guy named Kahless from Austria - HERE you can see the thread and some more pics of that insanity he made...

9. Unas the slayer

Wow, those were impressive.
    And yeah, I agree that the colossus is truly magnificent. Over the top!