• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

What do vampires subsist on?

• Human blood

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Human life force

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Life force in general

• Blood in general

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
What does a vampire subsist on?
Before someone condemns me for this question I shall elucidate: I am considering writing a story from the point of view of a priest who is turned in unusual circumstances. If he could consist on animal blood, such as black pudding, or the life force of some plants etc, I would be quick to use the possibility. Could he avoid drinking human blood and still subsist as a vampire?

Over to you...

spineyrequiem

Necromancer
Oct 16, 2011
'fraid not. The closest to subsistence level is the strigoi, who drink it from corpses. And even that does HORRIBLE things to them.

spineyrequiem

Necromancer
Oct 16, 2011
I'm guessing the blood, since the soul should be long gone from a three month old corpse pulled out of a plague pit.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Blood is the currency of the soul but they have also been known to feed off emotion, joy etc but also fear and hate because they are so much stronger.

If you are doing the priest you could go from him feeding off the emotions of people in confession and him acting on what he is told accordingly whilst trying to resist the temptation of the blood.
Hell I would read it.

Jul 26, 2011
Are we going off of Games Workshop fluff? When the queen of lahmia created the curse of undeath and it was stated that they needed to feed off of Human Blood. Then again abhorash took dragon blood like it was an AA meeting and went cold turkey. Course I do like the idea of living off of life force in general, like emotions and plant life. Maybe it keeps him alive, but he is much weaker than other blood fed vampires. Would make for an interesting story. And, it is YOUR story, write about whatever you want it to be.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu