1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

vg11k unholy pieces

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by vg11k, Apr 24, 2018.

1. vg11k

vg11k Zombie

Well, i was starting making a blog of my undeads on lustria online to share my progress with their topic "Let's get motivated" and then... What am i doing ? Sharing vampire stuff on lizardmen forum while not sharing on the vampire one ?

So let's doing it. Hope you'll enjoy my humbles minis

[​IMG]
    Some carstein family

[​IMG]
    My good old Mordheim Team, with a future version of Manesh'k : Mandrak

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Black knights on spectral cold-ones
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    To the tavern said our master ! Quick quick quick !

[​IMG]
    Some giant bats

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The never played vampire knights

[​IMG]
    A little guy who joined my troops last year​

No zombis, skeletons or ghouls for now. I'll take new pictures of them with better light than repost old crappy ones from the french forum where i'm from.

Finally, the last painted from the lustrian challenge, my ghast/hulking ghouls/flesh golems or whatever...
    [​IMG]
    No one really knows what these creatures are. Several similarities can be noted with the degenerated species of ghouls : the pale skin, insatiable appetite for dead flesh, notable resistance to pain and disease, aversion to light... Yet an expert in the field would point out that the similarities stop there. These things are neither living nor undead. They are parodies of non-life, amalgams without souls composed of several corpses animated by some sorceries. These unnatural aberrations are the very definition of puppets in the hands of sorcerer's apprentices. And yet. When we discovered them desecrating a vault, their master was no longer. The necromancer having the madness - or genius, I could not decide - to breathe life into them.... paid a high price. His death should have taken these creations with him. History forget until their existence. And yet. Those monsters are still out there somewhere.

And since it's a progress log section, in coming months i hope i'll get time and motivation to start this big one
    [​IMG]

Also, for next month "let's get motivated", i hope to color two brothers for this cute guy :
    [​IMG]
    GW call them Morghast Archai, 9th Winged Reaper... for myself i prefer to call them Baneful Seraphim.
    I'll try to get a better background for family picture when the two others will be done.

Now the moment i got a big doubt... i've enjoyed and started this paint log with the "let's get motivated" from lustriaonline... did you got one i've missed for months ? I should be whipped if yes xD

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    DocteurQui and Dragonet like this.
  2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Sorry for the late reply! Welcome to the plog section, good to see yet another one here - and so interesting too!

First, the characters. I really like the Carsteins and your Mordheim team look alike and yet are very different and easily recognizable, good use of color there! Konrad von Carstein and that Skaven engineer are probably my favourites there.

Then, the 'Black' knights - it's probably first time I see Cold One riders used for this purpose and it turned out very well, that cold color scheme really fits them! ;) On the corpse cart I like the driver the most, he looks so grim... it's fits such a character so well it almost hurts ;) The giant bats have a very good gargoyle quality to them and the vampire knights look just kickass. That black-red-silver color scheme works on them spledidly. I also made my Blood Knights out of chaos ones and I have to tell that your choice of the banner makes me reconsider my past decisions ;) What heads did you use for them?

Nice work on those flesh golems too. I like how one of them has differently-colored skin, but it would be probably even better if all of them had slightly different skintones - that would reinforce the 'created out of found corpses' look. But that's just my opinion ;) Nice piece of story too!

Undead Wyvern looks super cool and very promising! I don't know if I ever saw it here on CN - would be nice to see it painted. And that, man, he is great! I see that's both the conversion and the painting are super simple, but it looks brilliant. Great baroque look!

Keep up with the good work and keep showing us the results ;)

3. vg11k

vg11k Zombie

Hey

Thanks for your comment and the analyze of my minis. From someone with a "plog" section as your, i really enjoy it - i'm still chocked by your zombi swarm unit...

The druchii cold-ones as black knights was an idea from a gw seller and i probably don't have thank him enought for it. As well as the vampire knights conversion from chaos knights. Their heads are from an high-elf box, a friend gave me in exchange for skull heads. But i don't know in wich set he took them. Also pleased you like my Crypt Guards banner. Usually peoples ask me why did i draw nothing on them xD

in fact, the different one was my color test. I liked it but it wasn't what i wished for. So i kept it and tried again for the two others...

I'm still seeking motivation to work on the wyvern. It's just based in black for now. But this one is not on my todo-list for now. I'll gladly share it here when it'll be.

For my Seraphim, i stole the idea from @DessTelain on twitter who also did a great job. This creature got two little brothers still drying right here. Wanna work again on them soon. With 4 zombis, a color-test of Hexwraith (or Lymbo Horseman as i call them, because Hexwraith didn't mean anything in my language) and a very old conversion of chaos dwarf, they are on my list of May (of Let's fet motivated thread, on Lustriaonline & french vampire forum)

4. DocteurQui

DocteurQui Skeleton

Looking really cool! Love the way your black knights on cold ones look, and I especially like the little lantern holding guy. As what do you play him? Necromancer?

Really interested in how the wyvern is going to turn out! Please keep us updated! :)

5. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Ouh, kinda missed this here. Nice stuff you have there so far, I REALLY like the Seraphim! That's one extremely good looking Gent, finally something great coming out of those Morghast idea (I for myself see them as the ugliest models GW popped out for the undead...). Nice work dude, keep it up!

Borgnine likes this.