1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Suggestion Vietnamese Spammers

Discussion in 'Wisdom of the Master' started by Irisado, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

These seem to be a bit of a perennial problem. Are there any anti-spam mods which could be added to stop them from being able to register in the first place? Or perhaps just adding more anti-spam questions to the registration pages could help? Another possibility may be to block IP ranges from Vietnam (if that's where they are actually coming from) to stop them from being able to register or post here.

What do you think?

2. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

Unfortunately the spammers seem to have broken the xenforo spam protection- the floodgates are still holding back a lot though.

The latest wave has actually been a relatively sophisticated trick. I'm looking into what can be done but for now we'll try to reduce our response times on deleting them.

3. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

I've tried something new that hopefully should solve out problems. If anybody sees anything please report it so I can look into making the forum even more secure.

4. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

Thus far, I see no spammers, so whatever you've done seems to have worked :).