1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Von's Middlehammer Musings

Discussion in 'The World That Was' started by Von, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Von

Von Vampire Count True Blood

Every so often I stumble across something that makes me think of the good times. It might be "seeing my dusty old Vampire Counts army in the display case" or it might be "playing some of that Total War thing and saving the World That Was from total destruction like the unsung hero I am". Often this sets me off on a nostalgia trip and I do something daft like write up army lists for my surviving models in every edition of the rules I still understand. Witness.

https://kaptainvon.com/2017/06/01/middlehammer-another-life-another-time/

2. Von

Pursuant to the eight edition list at the end: I remember that the REAL problem with my eighth edition lists was that my collection didn't have any really killy stuff in it. I have a lead on some extra models for it - mostly Ghouls, new Black Knights and a Corpse Cart - which would put a bit of hammer potential back in, and as age wearies me I consider giving up and nabbing a couple of Varghulfs or some Blood Knights to give the collection more bite. Basically I'm thinking about doing a 'new' army of current models (on square bases as God and Rick Priestley intended) which could be played in AOS but is more likely to be played in eighth edition.

3. Von

El Syf likes this.
  4. Von