1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Voting Thread. Halloween 2017 Special Challenge

Discussion in 'Dying to Help' started by Borgnine, Nov 8, 2017.

?

Cast your vote!

Poll closed Wednesday at 11:01 PM.
  1. 1. Borgnine : Blutmane von Nachthoof

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. 2. robtion : The Progenitor...and it's Hatchling

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. 3. Devour the Cabbage : Witch

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  4. 4. Nagash Worshiper : "Cairn Wraith"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5. Farmer7573 : "Farmer's Hexwraiths"

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  6. 6. Theerteen : "Mister Gobbletooth"

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  7. 7. Alabaster427 : "A metaghoul"

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

And a holiday round, everyone! The "Halloween 2017 Special Challenge"! We are voting for the spookiest entry. Everyone (and that really means everyone, not just entrants and subscribers) has two votes.

This poll closes a week from now, that is on Wednesday, November the 15th, at about 23:59 AM GMT

Subscribers who get notifications about the voting:
    @robtion @Adam_Barrow @Eyeless @Mad 'At @Azakael @Shadespyre @Farmer7574 @Devour the Cabbage @Nikos @Leithel @Mioum @Angie @Sessioni @Pigbones @Raizi @Nagash Worshiper
    @edwardvlad @Theerteen

CONTESTANTS:

1: @Borgnine : “Blutmane von Nachthoof"

The spooky backstory:
    Ever since the times of ancient Lahmia and first vampires, words were spoken about a mysterious terror galloping through the nights, searching for worthy challengers. He changed his names many times through the ages, but now he's known as Blutmane von Nachthoof, the stallion of blood. Countless men, women and beasts were felled by him and even empires crumbled because of his influence - and nobody knows how he does it because anyone that saw him drawing a sword died. If you ever hear someone challenging you using horse puns, know that Blutmane has come for you.

[​IMG]

2: @robtion : "The Progenitor ...and it's Hatchling"

[​IMG]
    The Progenitor
    [​IMG] The Hatchling
    [​IMG]

3: @Devour the Cabbage : "Witch"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4: @Nagash Worshiper : "Cairn Wraith"

[​IMG]

5: @Farmer7574 : "Farmer's Hexwraiths"

[​IMG]

6: @Theerteen : "Mister Gobbletooth"

The story:

“What do you mean, you didn't finish eating your pumpkin pie?“ her mother asked surprised. “Well, I kinda didn't like it, it was not sweet enough and I didn't like the squishiness.“ Emma replied. “Squishi...squishiness, what does that even mean? Just to be clear, you did not finish your pie? Are you serious? I put so much love in it, and the last bit of sugar your Pa and I were able to afford! Go, eat your pie!“ “But I don't want to! It's nasty without more sugar! You can eat it yourself if you like it so much! I don't wanna! It's always the same with the disgusting pie, I can't stand it anymore!“ Emma jumped up from her chair, and threw the nearly untouched pie piece in the direction of her mother. The 6 year old ran around the table, passed her shocked mother, and turned towards the door. “Emma, you know that if you don't finish your pie, Mister Gobbletooth will come and eat you!“ the mother shouted in a mix of anger and fright, but Emma was out the door already and ran into the almost barren fields of her family, which still provides enough food for them, but nothing more to sell. Although her mother's words were spoken too late for Emma to hear, she already know perfectly what her mother was saying. Mister Gobbletooth! What a nonsense! Since Emma was able to talk, her parents did warn her of the monster, that would come for her if she would not eat up her pumpkin pie. No other food was attended with crazy stuff like that, only any form of pumpkin. The smart girl knew, that Mister Gobbletooth was nothing more than a legend to scare little children and force them to eat pumpkin, what Emma always has hated. So today was the last day on which she would taste that disgusting orange capot, as well as she would no longer believe in that stupid scary story. Angrily she sat down on a log, and stared at the sun going down. A monster which eats children who don't finish their pumpkin pie. What a stupid thing. Why even pumpkins? She laughed at her silly mother, for she has recognised that everything about that creature was a lie. She would never fell for it again. Still in her angry thoughts, Emma did not hear the stompy footsteps, which started silently and far away. Not at first. Not until there was a panting and gnarling noise too, and the stank of rotting flesh and...pumpkin filled the clear air. The last thing Emma did in her life, was turning around and scream for her mother...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7: @Alabaster427 : "A metaghoul"

[​IMG]

2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

After voting I noticed I picked the two entries that had put on costumes for Halloween. Trick or treat, @Borgnine and @Alabaster427 !

3. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Mister Gobbletooth is too good to pass up, love the story :lol:

And as some may be aware I have a soft spot for witches, and nice figures so stripey pumpkin pants gets my other vote.

Great entries by all :thumbsup:

Theerteen likes this.
  4. Devour the Cabbage

Devour the Cabbage Ghoul

Loving the theme, voted for Farmer and Theerteen myself but it was a hard pick all considered.

Theerteen likes this.
  5. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

All round great and pretty diverse ideas here. It was tough to choose who to vote for as they're all awesome. I eventually went for choosing the two I'd add to my army if I had the choice to do so.

@Devour the Cabbage gets my first vote for a really impressive characterful miniature. @Theerteen gets my second vote for it's coolness and striking similarities to squigs (which I'm a big fan of).

Tip top work everyone!

Theerteen likes this.
  6. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

I take that with pleasure, even more, considering that I really, really love your paint style @Farmer7574 :bowdown:

I'll stick with my secret voting, but it was REALLY hard to chose this time, considering the completely free theme and variance of the entries.

7. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Black Knight

So many good ones...
    It was a really nice idea this challenge!

In the end, despite my love for the vampire horse, I gave my votes to that beautiful witch by @Devour the Cabbage and the scary mr. Gobbletooth by @Theerteen . Always eat your pumpkin pie!

Theerteen likes this.
  8. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

That was a really interesting competition, I didn't expect so many entries for something so quick ;) And it's all so diverse. Congratulations to the winner, @Devour the Cabbage and to everyone else participating :)

Does anyone else want to have a similar challenge in December for Christmas? That would require some more work - just about any undead is Halloween-themed, but not so much for Christmas...

9. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Yep, I'm in for that.

Cheers to you, @Devour the Cabbage ! It would be harder to congratulate if you had not won my vote, that witch is just so stylish! :D

10. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Black Knight

Yeah, she really eves the art of witchcraft... ;)