1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tomb-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Voting Thread. Turning the World to Darkness: Undead Artillery / Warmachine

Discussion in 'Dying to Help' started by Borgnine, Aug 7, 2017.

?

Cast your vote!

1. 1. Unas the slayer : Screaming Skulls Catapult: "Amon-Thuth's Long Arm"

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. 2. Adam_Barrow : The Slender Sisters

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. 3. Borgnine : Stirland Zombie Cannon

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. 4. Mioum : Balefire Catapult

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5. Nagash Worshiper : Luthor Harkon's Ship

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  6. 6. Alabaster427 : When you thought you ran out of ammo, but your team leader thinks otherwise...

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. 7. robtion : Old Flat Top (Warmachine/Battering Ram)

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  8. 8. Eyeless : The Crimson Court's Goreslinger

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  9. 9. Theerteen : Converted Scraplauncher / Balefire Catapult

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

It's voting time! We've got especially many cool entries this time :)

We are voting for the best 'Undead Artillery / Warmachine' themed models. Everyone (and that really means everyone, not just entrants and subscribers) has two votes.

This poll closes five days from now, that is on Saturday, August the 12th, at about 06:45AM GMT

Subscribers who get notifications about the voting:
    @robtion
    @Adam_Barrow
    @Eyeless
    @Borgnine
    @Azakael
    @Shadespyre
    @Farmer7574
    @Devour the Cabbage
    @Nikos
    @Leithel
    @Mioum
    @Angie
    @Sessioni
    @Pigbones
    @Raizi
    @Nagash Worshiper
    @Unas the slayer
    @edwardvlad
    @Theerteen

CONTESTANTS:

1: @Unas the slayer : Screaming Skulls Catapult: "Amon-Thuth's Long Arm"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2: @Adam_Barrow : The Slender Sisters

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3: @Borgnine : Stirland Zombie Cannon

[​IMG]

4: @Mioum : Balefire Catapult

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5: @Nagash Worshiper : Luthor Harkon's Ship

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6: @Alabaster427 : When you thought you ran out of ammo, but your team leader thinks otherwise...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7: @robtion : Old Flat Top (Warmachine/Battering Ram)

Backstory to be read here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8: @Eyeless : The Crimson Court's Goreslinger

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9: @Theerteen : Converted Scraplauncher / Balefire Catapult

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, that's it! Nine entries! Good luck everyone!

2. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Wow. Have just been looking through and I have voters block. May have to sleep on it.
    So many great details and some nice humour.
    @Everyone Nice work with the creative ammo :lol:
    @Theerteen I love that poor horse :konrad:

Theerteen likes this.
  3. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Thanks man :D It's first purpose was to serve in a Zombie filler, but during building the catapult some better use of it came up xD
    Like last time I hate the 3 pics limit xD

Now the hard part...where will my votes go, all entries are awesome, either for style, idea or both!

Eyeless likes this.
  4. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

My first vote goes to @Nagash Worshiper for Luthor Harkon's Ship - complete awesomeness all round. Big fan of pirates and undead stuff, so when you get undead pirates there isn't much else that can be cooler!

The next one goes to @Adam_Barrow for his Slender Sisters. I like the tidiness of these despite the fact that they're part of an undead army - the green fire/ethereals against the cold stone works really nicely too. They also have a bit of an Undercity appearance to them which really caught my attention.

Top entries all round and it took some serious thought to cast my votes. Hats off to everyone that got stuff in this time round.

Nagash Worshiper and Adam_Barrow like this.
  5. Theerteen

@Farmer7574
    There you go with my votes on the exact same entries and explanation. Thanks xD

Nagash Worshiper likes this.
  6. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Ultimately went with Borgnine for some great diorama style storytelling and the pirate ship as I'm a sucker for anything with a maritime theme. Love the variety we got in these entries.

7. Borgnine

I am definitely not a fan of pirate-stuff, but I just cannot overlook the amount of work and dedication that was needed to bring that ship to unlife. A vote to @Nagash Worshiper from me! And the second one goes to @robtion and his Old Flat Top. I am a fan of his forest theme that is used here so well and I also love the creative take on the 'warmachine' topic. If I had another vote I would give it to @Eyeless , that model is awesome, fitting and striking in its simploity. Other than that, congrats to all participants, that's a very good edition here :)

Nagash Worshiper and Eyeless like this.
  8. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Grave Guard

I took a decision.
    In the end, I opted to give one vote to a "classic" artillery piece, and one vote to a unusual warmachine.

My vote for the unusual warmachine went to @robtion. The battering ram with the undead maidens is such a great idea, the background is beautiful and the little diorama is perfect. Sorry for @Nagash Worshiper... the pirate ship is great, but with just two votes, I wanted to give the other one to a "true" artillery piece.

...and this second, classic vote, goes to @Eyeless, for the brilliant version of a SSC for FEC. I really liked also the Slender Sisters, and i was torn between these 2 entries. Will @Adam_Barrow forgive me?

Great entries, everyone!

9. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

@Unas the slayer Eyeless nailed a Strigoi warmachine. You made the right choice.

I went with @Alabaster427 and @robtion in the end. Al, because gallows humor is best humor. Rob, because you crushes it nonstop. I've been watching that evil forest grow for years now, and it's still one of my favorite armies out there.

Can't say it enough, amazing work this time everybody.

Unas the slayer likes this.
  10. Borgnine

Sorry for being late! The voting is over and the well-deserved winner is @Nagash Worshiper ! Congratulations to him and to everyone participating, you all liven up this place! It was a really good competition! :) I'll contact Worshipper and we'll try to have the next one going on as soon as possible.

Nagash Worshiper and Adam_Barrow like this.
  11. Theerteen

Yep, definitely deserved! Congrats man, I'd love to see that thing in a battle!

12. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Grave Guard

Yeah, a solid and well deserved victory, despite the high level of many entries.

(and I'm happy for the vote I took. xD)

Nagash Worshiper and Eyeless like this.
  13. Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper Grave Guard

Wow! I feel so bad! I mixed up the days! Could have sworn I read sunday and not saturday. I missed the chance to vote! It would have been Old Flat Top and the Stirland Cannon! I think the level on this contests entries has been outstanding and I want to give many thanks to everyone who voted on Harkons Ship. Thanks all!

@Borgnine Thank you! I appreciate it!

@Theerteen Thank you very much! I'll make sure to post pics from future battles in my thread :)

@Unas the slayer Thank you kindly and I completely agree, the level in all entries this round was very good!

Adam_Barrow likes this.