• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Fallen Angel

Vargheist
Jun 4, 2009
Trollhättan, Sweden
So! High Elves didn't work for me I'm afraid so I've decided to start with an army that I've had my eyes on for quite some time now, namely orcs and goblins!

I'm going to start with a 1k force and then work my way up!

First up is my Black Orcs which I've already finished painting!

DSCN3470.jpg

DSCN3471.jpg

DSCN3472.jpg

What do you think?

Craken

Zombie
Feb 23, 2010
I think they look fantastic. Like the color choices, makes them look less like football players than most paint jobs I've seen

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
When I saw waaagh, I thought you were doing 40k orks and that I would see awesome vehicle and dreadnaught conversions.

Lord of Ravens

Vargheist
May 2, 2009
Boo Sanai. Orcs don't have to be from Space to be awesome.

So Fallen Angel, what other units are you thinking of including. Are you going all orcs, all goblins or a mix of both?

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
I love it. :D I might haveta take some tips on you for metal schemes for my upcoming Brettonians....

Great job. Very clean, and your distinctive style is starting to show now that I've seen several paintschemes come together. From High Elves, to Wood Elves, to OnG. I can really start to tell if something was painted by you. Great stuff.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Very nice, and great to see you came back from the poncy horror that was the HE xd

I like what you have done with the orcs, my only bit of criticism are the horns / tusks. Consdiering you are quite skilled at painting, I think you should be able to a nice job blending them from a darker base (or root of the tusk / horn), upto a ligher point. I think that would look better.

Fallen Angel

Vargheist
Jun 4, 2009
Trollhättan, Sweden
Thanks guys! :mrgreen:

DoN: Hmm, now that you mention it... I didn't realize that until now!!

Lord of Ravens: Thanks! I'm going for a mixed army! The list I had in mind to start with is this:

Orc Big Boss
-Akrit Axe
-Light Armour
-Shield
-Boar

Nigh Goblin Shaman
-Lvl 2
-2 mushrooms

25 Orc Boyz with shields, FC

30 Night Goblins with handweapons, FC, 2 fanatics

5 Wolf riders with spears

4 Squig Herds (12 squigs, 8 gobbos)

12 Black orcs with shields

2 Spear Chukkas

Lands around 1k, cant remember exactly^^

Done painting 10 boyz today!

DSCN3618.jpg

A rather crappy picture but just to have something to show you^^

More to follow!

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
WOOOH! NIGHT GOBLINS! FANATICS!
They look awesome.
The most deadly thing about fanatics isnt their random killyness, it is your opponents fear of their random killyness, and the resulting empty space in front of every night goblin unit.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
They definitely have that mean, angry feel. Truly what a mob should look like. :D

I'm really happy with em. Might have to bug you about commissions sometime....

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I demand an army wide shot!

You have far too much time on your hands, I'm always so busy......:(

Still they look amazing. I do think you should maybe consider your own painting business, especially with the speed you paint - you would of course have CN's recommendation after seeing your skills grow and grow.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Those are great models so far, Fallen Angel! Like others have said, the muted color scheme works great with these models, and they're going to look amazing when all together in an army!
Can I ask what colors you use for the skin? I can't for the life of me figure out how to paint Orc skin, but you seem to have nailed it.

Fallen Angel

Vargheist
Jun 4, 2009
Trollhättan, Sweden
Thanks for the nice comments fellas'! Keeps me going!:D

Vekarin: The skin is made like this:

Black under coat
Snot Green Base Coat
Goblin Green drybrush
Camo Green highlight
Badab Black Wash

Sani: Interesting that you should mention that because I have my boss right here, been kinda keeping him away since I'm not 100% satisfied with how he turned out. Don't know what's missing really either, if its the paint jobI'm not satified with or something else. But just for you I'll throw up some pics!

DSCN3604.jpg

DSCN3607.jpg

DSCN3606.jpg

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Sweet. If all we have to do is ask for a pic for you to magically throw it up into the forum a day later....

Do you have a Wyvern yet? I wanna see Azhag.

*Will come back tomorrow* :clown:

Awesome work, though. That's very professionally done, and very clean painting style. I might definitely hit you up for a commission if I can ever get some money free.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
He looks well painted, and he looks great, however in my opinion he looks like a boar boy champion more than a lord level mini. Perhaps he needs some more adornments or details, perhaps a banner or some trophies on his back, or a more baddass looking head. I could be wrong however.

Fallen Angel

Vargheist
Jun 4, 2009
Trollhättan, Sweden
Thanks!

Sanai: Yes you're right! More trophies would probobly do the trick!

Onikaigo: Sorry mate, no Wyvern yet, love the model though so who knows.... ;)

Capt Rubber Ducky: Thanks!

DoN: Hmm, maybe, I also seem to have forgotten to paint on top of the drummers head..:zombie3:

I'm ATM working on spicing up my wolf riders, pics later so stay tuned! ^^

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu